Kitchen Aid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
I sat watching some of the Kitchen Aid show earlier and it looked a very impressive piece of kit but I really don't think I can justify spending that amount of money to be honest. I've had a Magimix for almost 30 years and it's always served me well but it has a limited capacity and obviously doesn't have the ice-cream making facility/bowl........not that I particularly like ice-cream but OH does!!

I know Artemis absolutely loves hers and couldn't live without it and seeing some of the demonstrations I can understand why!

Just wondered if anyone had moved away from a Magimix to Kitchen Aid and appreciated the difference.....is it really worth that extra money? Also, is the particular "package" on QVC a good buy, taking into account the ice-cream bowl and various attachments are included? I am aware that more interesting colours than white are available so therein lies yet another decision............:thinking:

Thanks for any comments.

Sorry i prefer the modern looking Kenwood. I also remember one being in my family when i was younger and my mom had it for many years.

The QVC model just reminds me of a concrete mixer - sorry in advance to fans of the Kitchen Aid.

I'm not sure whether they showed any others during the show but the only KA they have on the site is the K45, which is the cheaper model - it has a weaker motor and a slightly smaller bowl than the more powerful Artisan model (and only available in white, which is why they can't offer colour choices).

You'll find that Kenwood vs. Kitchen Aid is a big discussion and really just comes down to preference. I love my KA, have always wanted one, but the Kenwood (esp. the Titanium Chef for a real working horse and the K-Mix for a stylish object) also have lots of fans.

I did google KA and quickly realised that the model on offer on QVC is the 'Classic' as opposed to the 'Artisan'. I'm not really looking for a "work horse" these days as the amount of food preparation has reduced drastically now it's just the two of us but if (and it's a BIG if!) I decide to invest then I'd like to think that I'm going to make the right decision. I do like the idea of a colour choice I must admit...........maybe I ought to wait until my favourite shade has gone out of fashion but somehow I don't think that's likely to happen! :wonder:

I watched the last KA show as my mixer gave up the ghost. I love the colours of the KA Artisan but realised (with some good advice/ help from formumites) http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26161. I would have gone for the K-Mix but i do a lot of baking (experimenting) these days so opted for the KW Titanium from Amazon because of the range of the attachements available. HTH.

Last edited:
There was a long thread on this a few weeks ago. I have a black and brushed steel Kenwood K Mix and I love it. The model on QVC is available much cheaper on Amazon.

Purely asthetics for me...

When there is nothing else making demands on my money I shall definately be buying a Kitchen Aid. I love the look of them - shallow I know. My mum has always had a Kenwood she's a great baker and cake maker so it's really well used and it has never let her down.

I'm about to buy a new mixer also... I must admit the Kitchen aid is winning atm :clapping:

Kenwood KMix for me. I'd REALLY wanted a Kitchenaid till I found the KMix, which I bought and I adore it. The motor us more powerful than the KA too I believe.

My mixer is the huge Kenwood chef and it is a marvellous machine! I don't use it as often as I should, but it is so solid and dependable, I will be bequeathing it to someone in my will.

I inherited my mother's Magimix and my grandmother's Kenwood! Both are still going strong, I've replaced the Magimix blade but that's all. The Kenwood is from the 1960s and looks it, so not a thing of beauty. I remember my mother buying the Magimix in the early 1980s. Wonder if the modern machines will last that long?

I have a Kenwood Chef bought as a Wedding present in the mid 70's ( the KC has lasted, marriage hasn't) I then used it all the time with blender & mincer attachments.It has just resurfaced again as I am re-doing my kitchen.I thought I'd get rid of it for something more up to date like a food processor but think I will give it another go ( if it still works!!)

Hmmm, confess to having an old Kenwood Chef plus attachments that has been lurking in the garage now for must be 20 years, and also an old magimix that was the mother-in-laws that I don't use 'cos it's not dishwasher proof. We have a Kenwood Multi-pro that gets a fair amount of use, but we tend mainly to use our Bamix though for most things as it's simple to clean.

However, I do covet the KA as it looks lush - shallow I know:)

My catering-sized Kenwood gave me 30 years of sterling service before conking out, it was a great machine and I cannot fault it. After that, I had a multi food processer which I hated as it was so faffy getting it in and out of the cupboard, all my recipes had to be halved (I love batch baking for the freezer) and I have had 2 bowls crack. I still have it but only use the liquidiser bit.
As many of you know I coveted a KA and eventually got one last April. It does all I want it to do and it is a thing of beauty so I am quite happy to leave it in full view.Whichever make you buy, it is a considered purchase. The QVC package is a good one but that is the cheapest model and only comes in white. To spend that amount of money, you must really need the gadgets and want to make use of them. The ice-cream maker is the only KA appliance I don't like and I have a separate one which only cost a few pounds and does the job very well.
I don't think the Kenwood is any better or worse and the higher motor speeds are no particular advantage. My Kenwood could never compete on the fluffiness of egg-whites for instance, but it didn't spoil anything.
I feel the KA has both the looks and the ability so why not have something pleasing to the eye.

:clapping::clapping: excited! I've just ordered the KA artisan in silver :clapping::clapping: I much prefer the look of the KA it'll take pride of place in my Kitchen, plus the dough mixing reviews on the Kmix weren't so good I didn't need another excuse, can't wait! :wait: :clapping::clapping::clapping:

:clapping::clapping: excited! I've just ordered the KA artisan in silver :clapping::clapping: I much prefer the look of the KA it'll take pride of place in my Kitchen, plus the dough mixing reviews on the Kmix weren't so good I didn't need another excuse, can't wait! :wait: :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Enjoy! :sun:

I have a KMix. You can go with any brands but before buying you can must read some reviews and feedback about products.

Latest posts

Back