Lakeland - Different Guarantee Than When Buying Direct

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tiddlywinks

Registered Shopper
I've just bought the Remoska from QVC because, despite being charged postage, there was 'added value' in that I got a recipe book and a rack included.

As it happens, the box arrived today and there was a problems with the rack - called Lakeland and they will be replacing that... which is great.

However, out of interest I asked about whether there was a difference in guarantee if I buy something from Q rather than direct from Lakeland and, yes, there is a BIG difference.

Lakeland's own guarantee is pretty simple. It says:

'We’re only happy when you’re happy
If you’re not delighted with your purchase or our service, or find the same product elsewhere for less, please tell us so that we can put it right.'

Plus, there's no time limit on their promise.

However, because I bought the Remoska from Q, It'll only be covered by Q's guarantee which, for this, is two years.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case it influences your decision.

I've just bought the Remoska from QVC because, despite being charged postage, there was 'added value' in that I got a recipe book and a rack included.

As it happens, the box arrived today and there was a problems with the rack - called Lakeland and they will be replacing that... which is great.

However, out of interest I asked about whether there was a difference in guarantee if I buy something from Q rather than direct from Lakeland and, yes, there is a BIG difference.

Lakeland's own guarantee is pretty simple. It says:

'We’re only happy when you’re happy
If you’re not delighted with your purchase or our service, or find the same product elsewhere for less, please tell us so that we can put it right.'

Plus, there's no time limit on their promise.

However, because I bought the Remoska from Q, It'll only be covered by Q's guarantee which, for this, is two years.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case it influences your decision.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. QVC are not in the same league as Lakeland when it comes to customer service, sadly. They have the advantage (Lakeland, that is) of being smaller and not beholden to a US head office demanding huge volumes are shipped and don't delude themselves that there is an endless supply of customers who can be drawn in by the 30 day money back guarantee, the easy pays or the high-pressure selling.

That said, Lakeland is choosing not to honour their normal guarantee - even on their own brand items - when using Q as a retail outlet.

Expected nothing less from QVC BUT expected better from Lakeland.

If you returned your faulty remoska several years down the line to Lakeland, and did not tell them you bought it from QVC, they would replace it without question.
You cannot get better CS than Lakeland's. I had a remoska, worked brilliantly for a few years, then started tripping the electric every time it was switched on. Lakeland replaced it with a new one, no questions asked. Unfortunately, the replacement started doing the same after a while, and we decided to stop using it and bought a halogen tabletop oven instead. (Mum has a remoska though, must be at least 10 years old now, and hers still works perfectly).

That said, Lakeland is choosing not to honour their normal guarantee - even on their own brand items - when using Q as a retail outlet.

Expected nothing less from QVC BUT expected better from Lakeland.

I imagine this is probably to do with the contractual arrangements Lakeland have with QVC. If the contract between the two companies is for a defined period of time, and QVC have squeezed the last penny out of Lakeland, then they would be making a big loss - not one that a company of their size could afford to make... the downside of selling at QVC volumes.

I also notice that QVC are already selling dupes of one of the Lakeland Dry Soon products... so probably that will escalate until they have no further need for Lakeland's product sourcing.

To be harsh. If you want Lakeland service and guarantees - shop directly with them! No, you won't get easy pays, but you will get a good price and for a basket of goods a single delivery charge... or if it's over a certain amount delivery will be free... or order in store (if there is one near you) and collect in store for free.

I wouldn't dream of shopping with QVC for Lakeland goods... and I hope that those who do, transfer their shopping for Lakeland items to Lakeland for future purchases.

As I said - this time QVC was cheaper - as there was a cookbook and a rack included as a package.

Its do to with consumer rights, if made by X but bought from Z its Z you deal with. Many shops will try to pass you back to the maker and wipe their hands of the matter, but its really the seller who has to deal with it.

Brilliant service from Lakeland no comparison with Q. I rang Lakeland about a fault with some Bathroom mats as one had frayed at the edge and I recieved a full refund and was told I could keep the whole set no need to return it. I would do without the so called extra from Q and buy direct every time.

I bought a heavy duty airer a few years back not cheap about £40 from Lakeland , it was ok for about a year took it back they replaced no problem I had no receipt. Can't remember how long I have the replacement it has now broke again. This time I have replaced with heavy duty Addis one I found inTJHughes.

QVC can only 'score' if you want the EZP option or the odd add on if that interests you.I sometimes watch the QVC Lakeland presentations for Info & then I would order direct from Lakeland.I have never had a problem with QVC Customer service, just the costs & speed of delivery.

I have bought many things from Lakeland and never had a problem, and the p&p is so much better. I like browsing their website especially at christmas time.

Latest posts

Back