Lulu Guinness Tsv 10/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't normally watch LG shows as I prefer Kipling, but this morning I had QVC on in the background whilst doing the housework.

I thought we got her designs, her philosophy and we got her, according to the trailers for her shows. But we didn't get her this morning. I watched the 7am show and then listened to the 10am show and she wasn't on the show, despite it being her TSV.

I would have thought that as all the other designers who have TSVs, Kim, Lenny etc. all manage to turn up for all of their shows despite flying in from abroad (jet lag etc.), that Lulu could have pitched up for the 10am show.

Am I being unfair here or does anyone else think this?

I was just about to go for the pink but noticed that there is no shoulder strap. I can't abide holding a handbag. Pity but I've saved some money :)

I don't normally watch LG shows as I prefer Kipling, but this morning I had QVC on in the background whilst doing the housework.

I thought we got her designs, her philosophy and we got her, according to the trailers for her shows. But we didn't get her this morning. I watched the 7am show and then listened to the 10am show and she wasn't on the show, despite it being her TSV.

I would have thought that as all the other designers who have TSVs, Kim, Lenny etc. all manage to turn up for all of their shows despite flying in from abroad (jet lag etc.), that Lulu could have pitched up for the 10am show.

Am I being unfair here or does anyone else think this?

After seeing how loopy she was going as it was approaching 2am I am glad she wasn't back on at 10am. She was talking nonsense, talking over Jill and in all honestly looked and sounded like she'd been on the bevvy!

After seeing how loopy she was going as it was approaching 2am I am glad she wasn't back on at 10am. She was talking nonsense, talking over Jill and in all honestly looked and sounded like she'd been on the bevvy!
When I saw the repeat at 7am I wondered then if she enjoyed a drink. Either that or she needs several sessions with AJ.

I think shes probably enough of a "big" designer to say to qvc what shes doing rather than what they want her to do.i rather like her for that.i imagine qvc have earnt her a pretty penny,gained some new customers etc but at the end of the day i think qvc need her more than she needs them....

I saw the midnight launch and, unlike you, I found that Jill was the one talking over Lulu. She was showing the inside of the bag and, although she said to Lulu "you talk", she carried on warbling herself! Also, whilst I'm not a LG devotee, I would have to opine that, as the designer, she should know more about the bags than a presenter who, along with Catherine, has every LG bag going, and knows her very, very well!**! The presenter ought to be aware that, when the guest, especially when that guest is the creator of the product, is talking, they should be quiet. But then, for someone who professes to be such a private person, keeping stum doesn't seem to be in her vocabulary. It's always "I've only got...."; "I need you on the phones...". She will say what she wants, no matter what, no-one is going to stop her. I do like the LG range, especially the navy and the stone but I just cannot justify spending that amount of money on a handbag. Btw, a caller tweeted in about Lulu's ring, and she mentioned the designer, Solange Agazury-Partridge, so I went onto her website, and found the ring at ....£990! So, Lulu probably considers we are getting a bargain, if we buy her bags! At midnight, and during the 1pm hour, Lulu has been constantly 'touting for business'; "if you know anyone who likes LG, tell them I'm on...." It does beg the question, is the range selling as well as we are led to believe?

Last edited:
I watched from about 1am, the first QVC show I have seen for years and have to admit to giggling my way through it.

I'd agree Lulu talks more sense than Jill Franks and I love the fact that she doesn't fit into the sterile stereotype that QVC feels most comfortable with. The look a fear in the eyes of those straight-laced presenters when they're on with loose canons like LG, Joan Rivers, Lennie from Nina Leonard and even Trinnie & Susannah makes for a good show. I'm sure they're relieved when they're on with a placid guest like Nicki from Lola Rose, but there's no fun in that is there?

Not really a lulu fan as the bags are just too grown up for me. I have the charity tote bags I bought from sainsbury s at a fiver each and a couple of other tote charity lulu bags. Caught some of he show with Catherine and I liked Lulu. Quirky and wants to get her message across. Good for Lulu. She is the designer. Much rather listen to her than gushy Catherine!

Anyone who has to put up with JF a few minutes will need to rest a while to get over the strain:thinking:.....so I don't blame poor Lulu who had to put up with JF's silliness:talking: for a whole hour and that after midnight too:happy:

Fabulous review up on the Q website already. Are you ready???????

Not in Red
"Waited a long time for a LG patent tote but so disappointed there is no red option. I have enough black bags and raspberry isn't really my thing. I can't justify buying this in a colour I don't want even though its a great price."

From Little Miss Sunshine in Northern Ireland. How the hell did this class as a review and get posted???? It is funny though.
That review has disappeared now, there's only one review showing, it's a one star.

"The topstitching on this bag is far from perfect. The high gloss finish suggests cheap materials mass-produced with chemicals. The bag does not have reinforced corners and will not be durable. This is a fashion item, and as such will serve purpose for up to six months. This is not a quality item."
8 of 12 people found this review helpful.

I'm surprised that has been accepted.

I personally think that this bag should have been at a much lesser price tag.......it has not much work on it, so I cannot see the justification of such a price.....I think it should have been £225---£230:thinking: I do like the pink one though but definitely not buying it:)

I wonder what impact it will have and how long it would last. It would have make me think twice.

I went and got myself a pink patent leather shopper on TK Maxx online. I had been lusting over it from some time.

Blimey that review was a bit of a surprise, I have resisted so far and that has put me right off it, I do like LG bags but do not like ones you can't use as a shoulder bag, I much prefer the franka or Jenny but I do hope everyone who has gone for it loves it x

Both dodgy reviews seem like the rant of someone with an axe to grind. As far as I know there's no method in place for the moderators of the qvc reviews (you know that independent body). At least other online shops indicate whether they can verify the reviewer purchased the item..even Ideal World's reviews do!

Didn't LG say that QVC was the only place you could get this? If so how could anyone have it to review? Unless JF slipped off to a terminal this afternoon. :)

Didn't LG say that QVC was the only place you could get this? If so how could anyone have it to review? Unless JF slipped off to a terminal this afternoon. :)
QVC have said in the past that you don't have to buy something to review it, you can review from the presentation or from seeing it on the website.

I think its been showing on the website for quite a few days, so maybe someone took the plunge early before waiting to see if it went on easy pays.

Latest posts

Back