market research.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I want YBF velvet trousers back! They are so comfy and fit my JLo-esq (in my dreams) bottom so well that I don't care if they make said bottom look like a brown dralon sofa (a three seater! :D)

Honestly - you exercise your bottom like a maniac for six months trying to shrink it and what happens...It gets a little bit bigger, a touch higher and sticks out even more! :mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_34:

But I digress...How about a petite range, or a choice of trouser lengths? My Mum's inside leg is about 25 inches, my willowy daughter's is about 35 and I'm somewhere in between.

I wouldn't mind at all if Nuxe, Ariane Poole and Scott Barnes came back. I'd quite like Urban Decay and Too Faced to be on QVC. Paula Dorf maybe? Sonia Rykiel, Sonia Kashuk, Trish McEvoy, By Terry, Lola Cosmetics, Neals Yard... I think QVC ought to demonstrate and sell things we can't easily get hold of - not packs of the same false lashes and stick on nails that they sell in Superdrug and Boots.

A chic range of exercise wear in all sizes would be cool - No orange velour tracksuits though please! :eek:

More Try Me sets...

Foundations for pale people... Some QVC brands such as Daniel Sandler, Bare Escentuals and Bobbi Brown do them - but QVC doesn't.

And a bigger range of Bobbi Brown in general please....

Will that do? :D

Reading the suggestions from others my thoughts.

One QVC own some of the brands they show so no way will they bring something in to compete with them. Diamonique and NN.

Do we really think QVC will charge less than we can buy the stuff elsewhere? No.

Brands that have been dumped by QVC or in the case of Molton Brown dumped QVC. I doubt they will ever want to come back to them.

With online shopping these days QVC have lost the edge they had before with the why queue at the shops etc.

Agree with the p&p, you would be lucky to see £2.45 on even a single lipstick or mascara its £3.45 as the norm.

It would be really nice to see a well made, nicely priced range of petite clothes on there - that start at size 6 (and a proper size 6 - not QVCs imagined size 6 which is actually about a 12/14 ;) ) and have shorter leg lengths etc. It would be nice to have a few more British designers maybe doing some ranges instead of the American led stuff - and also some real 'names' rather than introducing someone as a high end designer who's work only appears in boutiques and actually finding out they're the tea boy on Bolton Market on Saturdays - with sole responsibility for bacon barm and tea orders.

I'd quite like to see Lush on there, but it prob would never happen. Ditto re the will he/won't he appearance of Michael DiCesare.

One post and packing for orders purchased on 1 order and if you spend over so much FREE. Who on here doesnt spend more to get free P+P on certain sites?? I know I do. Maybe I am just "soft".

would like to see clarins as we could have some nice tsv's from them.

one lot of postage would be excellent ..

some better brands of electrical equipment hate some of the no name brands that qvc sell specially at the prices they sell them at

cant see them doing white goods competitvely as they have in the past and the prices are ridiculous plus the want silly money for delivery i remember a bed postage was £45.00 madness.:mysmilie_701:

im with sarah pocket.mens clothes....the US do them so why not the UK

also a capped P&P like C&C..

I'd like to see some decent fashion at reasonable prices and a petite range for all of us that aren't 6ft tall.
MAC make up would be great as well, i'm drooling just thinking about a MAC TSV.
Lastly P&P charges reflecting the weight of the item and the 2nd class postage not some figure that seems to have been plucked out of thin air

I just want to echo everyone who's mentioned more fair P&P. I've just ordered three items and had to pay P&P for each, it makes me feel like a right lemon for even bothering, and the P&P charges quite often put me off buying anything at all.

Nice clothes, like from Marks & Sparks (OK, I know not everyone likes M&S but I love their stuff - fits me perfectly!) and they don't do the awful stretchy stuff either.

Or maybe Dorothy Perkins, River Island, Karen Millen. Such a lack of UK brands on QVC, it's shocking. I agree that Mulberry handbags would be nice, but I can't afford the prices now. Lulu Guinness is a prime example of how they hike the prices. I have bought the TSVs cos I thought they were nice (and they are), but they don't even reduce the sale items on QVC that are on sale on LGs own website.

P&p is ridiculous. Even Mulberry don't use such high prices for p&p so why do QVC?

why......are you a spy from qvc land!!!

Hopefully yes, then maybe some of our suggestions might be noted and acted upon!

I'd like to see them sell Ciccia Bags and Catwalk Bags. I'd also like them to repeat items that sell out when first aired and never appear again (a certain white Tignanello Bag from last summer springs to mind). Most definitely a new policy on p&p and much stronger quality control on returned products.

white goods.. ie fridges, washing machines, dishwashers etc. these things are very hard to buy in an electricals store because you just get bombarded with the "specification". ask an assistant and you'll be lucky if he / she does more than read out the card with the price on.
not something for a daily or even weekly show perhaps, but once a month maybe?

i'd also like to see them doing themed shows containing only products which get a high score in WHICH magazine. eg "Which Television" "Which Camcorder" etc

Perfect BurlyBeaR - great suggestion! I can see them pondering the white goods once a month idea, but think they would somehow not be able to go with the high score in WHICH option. :mysmilie_318:

18ct YELLOW gold and 18ct YELLOW gold and diamond jewellery at under £500 per piece.

Natural cosmetics ranges: Lavera, Dr Hauscka, Neals Yard, Green Baby, Balm Balm, Logona, Earths Beauty.

Nice long waterproof coats with hoods, sturdy chunky plastic zips, and full fleece linings for under £50 that are machine washable.

Radley bags. Clinique. ipods/phones. so who does a thesis on shopping telly then? that's a new one on me......!

Radley bags. Clinique. ipods/phones. so who does a thesis on shopping telly then? that's a new one on me......!

Oh, people write theses on all sorts of things, shopping telly wouldn't even be that odd!! Didn't we have another thread a while back in which a member was trying to track down an old QVC jingle?
Fancy QVC taking the British academic world by storm!!:mysmilie_17:

Would like to see more detailed specs on goods.

Graphics on screen giving the measurement of garments.

Better garment quality-with natural fibres, at realistic prices.

Trousers \ skirts for 5' 2" people.

Realistic pricing for postage with free p&p when x amount is spent.

Points reward programme, there is no reward for loyal customers who keep buying from them.

A more even spread in age range of presenters for variety -they nearly all seem to be in the same age group.

loyalty points
a bigger choice of super king sized bedding
capped p and p
better prices on their techy stuff (and better spec!!!)
cotton traders clothing

What is the title of this thesis " A fool and her money, an appraisal of shopping trends comparing QVC and Ideal World" ?

Latest posts

Back