Missing wedding rings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just being nosy, but is Ali Young still married to Simon? She doesn't wear her wedding ring anymore and doesn't mention him, especially her recently having an accident to her neck?

I had Bunty when it first came out. They used to print school badges, and I sent mine in and it was printed !!! such excitement. I also used to take the School Friend and Girls Crystal. Mum started to take Valentine and Mirabelle when they first appeared - which were a bit revolutionary amongst all the staid Womens Weekly type mags. Later into teens I took the New Musical Express - the bible of all the latest pop news.
I had a Bunty badge (think it was a little dog) and I wore it on the lapel of my school blazer on my first day at comprehensive school! It was soon removed as the 'cooler' kids made fun of me. Didn't help that I had bunches, a satchel and knee-high socks.

Just being nosy, but is Ali Young still married to Simon? She doesn't wear her wedding ring anymore and doesn't mention him, especially her recently having an accident to her neck?
It still says she's married to Simon Rodger if you Google it.

Awful, what a double betrayal!

I used to read Twinkle at the doctor's surgery. Loved the dolls hospital.
Bunty as I got older, then Jackie... also read Dandy and Beano.
Being up North some radio stations weren't so easy to tune in to... so just rasio 1 on my little blue transistor radio.
Loved Smash Hits when that came out, then gradually moved on to the various more serious music papers.
Ohh I had Bunty too 😍Jackie also .. ( for David Cassidy pics 😆😍) smash hits was great knew all
the lyrics 👍👏

I take a few weekly mags, but my overall favourite which I have on subscription is the monthly RETRO ! jam packed full of nostalgia re old film stars, old tv programmes, toys and gadgets we've long forgotten - AND barely an advert, so its all editorial.

I loved Jackie, don't remember it being racy😳
I think it had a “Problem page” ! Mum would never let me read the problem pages in her mags (Woman's Own etc) so Jackie opened up a whole new world for me. Even now 55 years later, problem pages fascinate me, and they are more ‘racy’ than when I was 12 ! 😱😂

I remember free reading time in primary school, you could bring your own books to read. The other girls in the class, Famous Five etc, not sure what the boys read? I was bringing in Edgar Allen Poe and Dracula. My reading must have been more advanced.;)
Definitely more advanced! I was reading Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers, St. Clairs. We used to go to Clacton on holiday when I was a child and there was a second hand bookshop with a children's section, I loved that. I'm still reading, bought a Kindle during lockdown and I love it (always said I would never get one). I love real books but have a small flat. I've got hundreds of books on my Kindle and I've only used 20% of its space.

Although I hope all parents read to their children and give them a love of reading to last a lifetime, I never remember either of mine reading to me. I just seemed to read of my own accord and even now go through books at a rate of knots - thank goodness for Kindle and particularly free prime reading. I’m a reader but not a bookie as once it’s read that’s me.

Mr L on the other hand reads the same book over and over again, started Sherlock Holmes at school and still reading the same stories 60 odd years later. If it’s a “nice book” he will buy a hardback (Folio Society type) , a soft back to leaf through, and the kindle to read!

Although I hope all parents read to their children and give them a love of reading to last a lifetime, I never remember either of mine reading to me. I just seemed to read of my own accord and even now go through books at a rate of knots - thank goodness for Kindle and particularly free prime reading. I’m a reader but not a bookie as once it’s read that’s me.

Mr L on the other hand reads the same book over and over again, started Sherlock Holmes at school and still reading the same stories 60 odd years later. If it’s a “nice book” he will buy a hardback (Folio Society type) , a soft back to leaf through, and the kindle to read!
My dad used to read Wind in the Willows and Heidi to me. He must have known it off by heart the number of times I used to ask him to read it to me.
It all changed once I learnt to read.

Definitely more advanced! I was reading Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers, St. Clairs. We used to go to Clacton on holiday when I was a child and there was a second hand bookshop with a children's section, I loved that. I'm still reading, bought a Kindle during lockdown and I love it (always said I would never get one). I love real books but have a small flat. I've got hundreds of books on my Kindle and I've only used 20% of its space.
I loved Enid Blyton books too. My sister and I would devour them as soon as a new one came out. I love reading, losing oneself in a book is just magical. Escapism from one's troubles, and a never ending pleasure.

I remember that I wanted to join the 'adult' library, as I had outgrown the children's books. I went and asked the librarian if I could, and she eventually snootily agreed, as I was deemed too young to officially join age wise. It opened up such a new world, and I would spend so many happy hours just browsing books, taking a stack of them home, returning them 2 weeks later for more. My parents both liked to read, but my Dad especially. A teacher at our primary school always used to read Enid Blyton to us on a Friday afternoon, I am not sure who enjoyed it more, us or her. She was a brilliant teacher, although very strict.
I'm onto my 3rd Kindle now, and I've hundreds of books too. My sister still likes a paperback, but I am working on her getting a Kindle some time in the future, as I think she would love it.

I can never understand how someone doesn't like to read.

Latest posts

Back