Molton Brown TSV 1/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to get the floral set, but after reading Breezes post I'm going to take myself off to Cheshire Oaks outlet and see what they have there. I really only wanted some for my present drawer, plus those silly hand wash pair and the tiny 30ml have put me off.

I remember the old Molton Brown TSVs. Yes, full size bath/shower, body lotion (I don't give a rat's ass if others don't like it. I do!), also skin care included. MB seems to discontinue their skin care and hair care, then bring them back. Repeat, repeat over the years. The skin care was lovely simple easy to use no frills. Now it's throw in some handwashes, some bath/shower which have discontinued like 3 or 4 years ago and no doubt sitting in their discount stores unsold. I find it interesting people going nuts because skincare brands in TSVs are perhaps a year or 18 months old, but not problem with MB shower/bath stuff being 3 or 4 years old. As for the 30mls, I get those given as freebies depending on how much I buy in their sale. They also used to just give them free anyway.
The old TSV’s were totally magic, and really special. Always beautifully presented, and it felt such a luxurious gift to receive. The face wash was lovely, as you say simple to use and it worked.
This TSV is the same as every year, absolutely no thought has gone into it. It’s like oh that works so that’s what we do for Christmas. I did like the fact that they were all boxed this year, no silly bag. But the tiny bottles are so small and the small size hand wash could have been replaced by a standard size christmas hand wash and small hand lotion.
Wonder if it will sell out this year…

I have an issue with their price comparisons as most of the fragrances are not available in store and only in their outlets where they are not £25. It makes no difference they used to be £25 once upon a time , they are not £25 now. It is so disingenuous. And as for those silly 30ml…..
That’s very true. I managed to get some of those fragrances in the duo packs for £28…so £14 a bottle. That’s a big difference….
And I wouldn’t buy the 30ml sizes

‘Wonder if it will sell out this year…’

Answer appears to be no….I didn’t buy and have previously. Poor value, teensy sizes and no Christmas fragrance like muddled plum (my fav) or the berry one from last year.

The Elemis and now this one didn’t sell out….too expensive in this day and age. 🤷‍♀️

‘Wonder if it will sell out this year…’

Answer appears to be no….I didn’t buy and have previously. Poor value, teensy sizes and no Christmas fragrance like muddled plum (my fav) or the berry one from last year.

The Elemis and now this one didn’t sell out….too expensive in this day and age. 🤷‍♀️
Yes it’s still there…. not a very well thought out TSV and especially for Christmas. The best thing about it is the packaging....

I tried MB some time ago as I thought I was missing something but decided I wasn’t.My preference has been the L’Occitane hand washes & am coming to the end of my last one.Instead I ordered the set of small soaps thinking this is more economic as they last for ages.

They do a couple of body washes that I like and thats about it tbh. I may buy a body wash selection every couple of years if that.

Molton Brown is very nice, but in my opinion, it’s no longer the luxurious product it was. And at £27 for a bottle of shower gel it’s Just completely priced itself out of my reach.
The sets of four bottles they do for around the £40 price are incredible value and I do get those, but that’s all I’m prepared to pay.

This is why I keep on about matching lotion. You want to have the fragrance last after a shower/bath, you need the body lotion! I bought Orris Suede in their sale and got the matching body lotion, used on Friday and Saturday morning my body still smelt clearly of it.

I have a number of their perfumes usually bought in sales over time, and they do last really well, but I think expensive for what I consider not a niche house. So 100mls EDP is £120 I did buy Russian Leather now renamed Dark Leather in their sale and got it for £80 then got an extra £10 off because of the loyalty scheme they run.

Latest posts

Back