One For The Girls.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow Love A'kin, what an amzing stash. Simply mouth watering, and gorgeous muted colours. I was worried that I had too much make-up, but your stash has allayed my fears.

My current make-up fits nicely into my Models Prefer white mock ostrich vanity case.

My most used products are;

concealer; currently using LG cream foundation, but thinking of getting her real deal concealer.
Foundation: LG Balanace and brighten in medium.
Eyeshadow; Alternate between LG and a sweep of bobbi brown shimmer brick, when I fancy it.
Eyeliner; Bobbi Brown gel liner in black, and Avon glimmersticks.
Eyebrow pencil; For impact, Models Prefer.
Blush; Love, love love LG tortuffo (a cute blend of soft pink, brown and beige - goes on lovely, but will get Bobbi brown pot rouge (not from QVC). All my other blushers are LG.
Lip gloss; Again LG, or cheap Gemma Kidd make-up school one which smells citrussy.

Wow! I really do heart LG - and it is now the only thing I buy from QVC. Clsoe runner up is Bobbi Brown as I love a natural make-up look. :heart:

I am sure I am not the only one who has shown this to their OH in order to prove that their "make up habit" isn't as bad as they thought!!!

On a similar note would love to know what other members use to keep their stash in.'Cos it stands to reason that regular make up bags ain't up to the job.
Am currently using a Soap and Glory circular zip up case, 6" deep and 12 " wide, which is not quite full.

Love A'Kin what a fab stash, just my colours! Very impressive! :nod:

I too prefer the well groomed natural look so my colours are similar.

Crikey I have all sorts of make up too...Mally, LG, Avon, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Dior, Urban Decay, Sothys, Clarins, Smashbox, Cargo, No7, Almay, Estee Lauder, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Lancome, Benefit and Prescriptives. Plus Mojave Magic, Models Prefer, OPI lipsticks and probably more! Eeeekkk!!

I'm chuckling away now at Madaunty's post as I have several make up bags (not hand bag sized either!) and don't ask where all the skincare and body care is stashed! :eek:

I'm afraid no photograph of my stash is possible unless I can hire someone to take an ariel shot!!! :blush:

Love A'Kin you make me feel like bowing down Mike Myers stylee and saying "we're not worthy!" re: your makeup stash.

To add my twopenneth I think my overall makeup favourite has got to be Laura Geller as I always find her makeup easy to apply. Love Balance and Brighten and her blushers.

Also love Smashbox lipglosses and eyeliner. I own the putty ones in the little credit card sized palette. The brush in there is so easy to use as well.

My HG mascara is Clinique Lash Power although I've tried to save money by buying other brands and the Avon Magnify one is a pretty good competitor. I only have short sparse eyelashes and need a thin brush which both these mascaras have.

Love Benefit concealers and do not leave the house without wearing Lemon Aid and Erase Paste.

Only own a few Bobbi Brown pieces - a blusher called Clementine which is a gorgeous matte shade similar to Benefit's Coralista, Shell eyeshadow and Bronze ShimmerBrick (actually not that overly impressed by this product).

All in all I've found all my favourites with the exception of primer. Am using Philosophy The Present at the moment which I find too thick in texture and also have used Smashbox Photofinish which I find too synthetic feeling. Am thinking of trying the Bobbi Brown one. Any recs for this?

I always feel pathetically excited when the new seasons palettes come out..there's something slightly addictive about new make up for me....I don't NEED it, but I want it and I must have it kind of feeling!!

I am envious of your beautiful stash :happy::wonder:

Ooh me too honey! :clapping: A few years ago Hubby used to get me every one for Christmas Birthday and Anniversary, or if he travelled for work - and I grabbed any that were released at times when Hubby wasn't due to buy me a present! :grin: These days there are so many even I don't buy them all! :giggle:

Apologies for the rubbish quality picture, my hands are not very steady at the moment!:thinking:

I'll name everything as you can't see it too clearly, so starting left hand side we have all my foundations/concealers/primer etc. I have two silver BareFaced Beauty Foundations in Whisper and English Rose, next to that is my Lush Colour Supplement in Pink Fair. Then the white container with the rose on is my Elemental Beauty Mineral foundation in English Rose. There is my Laura Geller Spackle, then my Mally Cancellation Concealer and Rimmel Hide The Blemish in the bullet. Finally I have my Mally Luminizer.

Next are my Eye products, my mascara is from UNE, then my two Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners in Espresso Brown and Espresso Ink. Two Laura Geller Eye Pencils in Tuscan Nights and a Mally Eyeliner in Gunmetal.Just back from that is my Mally Eyeshadow in Plum and my LG eyeshadow in Winter - also not pictured is my Smashbox mascara in Violet which is superb.

Cheeks - I have my Elemental Beauty blushers in Sugar Mouse and Pink Champagne, then my Laura Geller Portofino in Como and my BELOVED Laura Geller Ethereal Rose powder, finally my Mally blush in Pink Glow.

Lips finally - and I have my Mally lipliner in pink, my Laura Geller lip liner and lipstick combined in Berry Glow, then my Laura Geller Venus lippy and my Smashbox lippy in InStyle. There is also a BareFaced Beauty lipgloss in nude but it STINKS and I can't use it.

A small stash, but a useful one :happy::talking:

Sorry about the unsteady hands chick. I get a twitchy eyelid if I'm not at full strength. I see we have plenty of products in common! Since we like so much of the same stuff I'm off to google Barefaced Beauty in a sec. :wink: What do you think of the Une mascara? I haven't tried anything from that range yet but I really want to! :clapping:

Wow Love A'kin, what an amzing stash. Simply mouth watering, and gorgeous muted colours. I was worried that I had too much make-up, but your stash has allayed my fears.

My current make-up fits nicely into my Models Prefer white mock ostrich vanity case.

My most used products are;

concealer; currently using LG cream foundation, but thinking of getting her real deal concealer.
Foundation: LG Balanace and brighten in medium.
Eyeshadow; Alternate between LG and a sweep of bobbi brown shimmer brick, when I fancy it.
Eyeliner; Bobbi Brown gel liner in black, and Avon glimmersticks.
Eyebrow pencil; For impact, Models Prefer.
Blush; Love, love love LG tortuffo (a cute blend of soft pink, brown and beige - goes on lovely, but will get Bobbi brown pot rouge (not from QVC). All my other blushers are LG.
Lip gloss; Again LG, or cheap Gemma Kidd make-up school one which smells citrussy.

Wow! I really do heart LG - and it is now the only thing I buy from QVC. Clsoe runner up is Bobbi Brown as I love a natural make-up look. :heart:

I'm glad I made you feel better my lovely! :sun: V. happy to be of service! I really recommend the Pot Rouges for quick and easy, natural looking cheek colour.

I am sure I am not the only one who has shown this to their OH in order to prove that their "make up habit" isn't as bad as they thought!!!

On a similar note would love to know what other members use to keep their stash in.'Cos it stands to reason that regular make up bags ain't up to the job.
Am currently using a Soap and Glory circular zip up case, 6" deep and 12 " wide, which is not quite full.

My friends and relations do the same thing! :blush::grin: And nobody buys anything from Bobbi Brown without a quick tryout of mine first. (If I've got it - which I quite often have! :blush:)

I don't have a skincare hair care or toiletries stash though. (Well, just a couple of spares!)
I think the trouble is that I chuck out lip products periodically, but powder products from BB don't seem to go bad and take a decade to finish up!

I keep most of my make up in an old orange Sanctuary box with drawers in it. (It's a big box!) I also have a Models Prefer hanging make up roll with clear plastic pockets, and a set of shallow drawers about the size of a bedside table that was meant for jewellery. (I think it's Thomas Pacconi.) I keep make up and brushes I'm not using much at the moment in here. My pencils and brushes live in an assortment of pretty mugs and toothbrush holders. I also have a desk drawer make up bag and a handbag makeup bag!

Love A'Kin what a fab stash, just my colours! Very impressive! :nod:

I too prefer the well groomed natural look so my colours are similar.

Crikey I have all sorts of make up too...Mally, LG, Avon, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Dior, Urban Decay, Sothys, Clarins, Smashbox, Cargo, No7, Almay, Estee Lauder, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Lancome, Benefit and Prescriptives. Plus Mojave Magic, Models Prefer, OPI lipsticks and probably more! Eeeekkk!!

I'm chuckling away now at Madaunty's post as I have several make up bags (not hand bag sized either!) and don't ask where all the skincare and body care is stashed! :eek:

I'm afraid no photograph of my stash is possible unless I can hire someone to take an ariel shot!!! :blush:

:giggle: I know what you mean! I did my pics for makeupalley where photographing your beauty products is quite normal behaviour! :taphead::sun: One day over Christmas the whole family was ill in bed with a coughing bug so I needed something quiet to amuse myself with. I like looking at the pictures though, and it helps me to see potential new colour combinations instead of always sticking to my tried and true routines.

Love A'Kin you make me feel like bowing down Mike Myers stylee and saying "we're not worthy!" re: your makeup stash.

To add my twopenneth I think my overall makeup favourite has got to be Laura Geller as I always find her makeup easy to apply. Love Balance and Brighten and her blushers.

Also love Smashbox lipglosses and eyeliner. I own the putty ones in the little credit card sized palette. The brush in there is so easy to use as well.

My HG mascara is Clinique Lash Power although I've tried to save money by buying other brands and the Avon Magnify one is a pretty good competitor. I only have short sparse eyelashes and need a thin brush which both these mascaras have.

Love Benefit concealers and do not leave the house without wearing Lemon Aid and Erase Paste.

Only own a few Bobbi Brown pieces - a blusher called Clementine which is a gorgeous matte shade similar to Benefit's Coralista, Shell eyeshadow and Bronze ShimmerBrick (actually not that overly impressed by this product).

All in all I've found all my favourites with the exception of primer. Am using Philosophy The Present at the moment which I find too thick in texture and also have used Smashbox Photofinish which I find too synthetic feeling. Am thinking of trying the Bobbi Brown one. Any recs for this?

I like Jemma Kidd Bio Complex Veil for a primer / tinted moisturiser in one but I also have primers from BE Smashbox and Becca. I know what you mean about the thickness. I've never worn a lot of LG because she didn't do a B&B to suit me so I'm looking forward to her new shade that fairer than Fair. I think it's called Porcelain. I used to use her Blush and Brighten in Berry a lot. Like Cavegirl I like Ethereal Rose, and her Venus Lipstick is one of my HGs.

I try to save money by buying cheaper mascaras too, but haven't really found a cheaper one I like. (there are a ton of expensive ones I don't like either!)

I'm really loving hearing everyone's favourite make up. We all seem to be a mix of QVC brands and brands from elsewhere.

Thats a serious makeup stash you have there, Love A'kin.. Its fantastic! Erm... Do you have a brown eyeshadow I could borrow please? Lol :giggle: :bandit:

Ahem..! Further to my earlier post, in today's Daily Mail Beauty Confidential, the Accessorize blusher scores 10/10 ...to be fair the Bobbi Brown one does quite well, but more than twice the price of the Accessorize! I rest my case..!

:hi:I couldn't find it BM, I was wondering if you could post a link?

Thats a serious makeup stash you have there, Love A'kin.. Its fantastic! Erm... Do you have a brown eyeshadow I could borrow please? Lol :giggle: :bandit:

:hi: Sure thing sweet cheeks! :sun: Would you like Stray Dog, Mahogany, Slate, Espresso, Cognac, Rich Brown, Heather Mauve. Iced Mauve. After Hours, Taupe, Bronze, Fawn, Tan, Chocolate, Cement, Mink, Smoke, Flint, Beige, Copper Penny, Copper Sand, Pebble, Beige Linen, Maple, Oak, Brown Sugar, Stone, Brownstone, Birch, Blonde, Camel, Sable. Cocoa, Hot Stone, Saddle or Wheat? :grin:

"Brown" Indeed! :giggle::grin::giggle:

beautybox.com. they do professional hard boxes similar to tool boxes. very sturdy and come in a variety of colours and sizes. managed to get one for a present. these can hold any stash just go for the biggest you can afford. delivery next day by courier so good service. i have had mine 2 years and love it.

Here you are (hopefully!) Love A'kin..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/b...ers-And-guide-makes-easy-choose-suit-you.html

your stash is awesome by the way (never ever thought I'd use that awful over-used Americanism, but I had to when looking at your pics!). My own fits into a kind of vanity case and I thought I had quite a lot, mind you I've not long had a clearout, but you are obviously a professional..!

Sorry about the unsteady hands chick. I get a twitchy eyelid if I'm not at full strength. I see we have plenty of products in common! Since we like so much of the same stuff I'm off to google Barefaced Beauty in a sec. What do you think of the Une mascara? I haven't tried anything from that range yet but I really want to!

I thought the same - we have a lot of Mally in common don't we? :clapping: I'd recommend Bare Faced Beauty foundations - but the lipgloss I ordered has a really off putting fragrance which means although I love the colour I simply can't use it.

UNE is a lovely range, the colours in all the products are much of a muchness, they are not a trendy brand - more classic and nude shades. Their mascara is beautiful, not waterproof but gives me incredibly long fluttery lashes and it seems to stay put - I think it's 97% natural ingredients too. It has an unusual wand too - no fibres and no brush, it's like a zeppelin with teeth :wait: :giggle:, alls I can say is I really like it, and I'm picky about mascara...

Latest posts

Back