Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed they've got Zshush! back. I've never used it but I'm sure Whatters would have been more fun to watch than the paint dry sessions we get these days. I was just thinking back to the days when he used to do those Christmas shows. Very sad what happened to him. I noticed they have heavily reduced the use of the slogan 'Home of big brands' and are using 'Watch Shop Smile' more often

There are virtually no big brands from what I’ve seen. Or ‘brands’ at all as so much of what they show is apparently unbranded. No wonder the name change. Which also suggests what they sell at present will be the same longer term.

Poor old Whatters. A desperate end by all reports. I couldn’t see him doing modern day shopping TV. If he was still around it just wouldn’t suit his style.

I noticed they've got Zshush! back. I've never used it but I'm sure Whatters would have been more fun to watch than the paint dry sessions we get these days. I was just thinking back to the days when he used to do those Christmas shows. Very sad what happened to him. I noticed they have heavily reduced the use of the slogan 'Home of big brands' and are using 'Watch Shop Smile' more often
Used to love his Crazee Christmas shows.

Yeah, if they're not going to have many known brands, better dropping that tag line or whatever it's called.

Non branded stuff doesn't always equate to rubbish, I'm sure many of us have non branded stuff from Amazon etc that's perfectly good. I think the challenge for them, branded or not, is pricing. Many times (maybe even the majority?) they simply can't compete with the online giants and even other smaller businesses.

It's funny, elsewhere on this site I noticed an announcement about another channel that's starting up, I think only broadcasting one afternoon a week or something. That aside, in the blurb for the new channel, guess what three words were used, go on guess.

I'll give you a clue, the first word is family ...

;)

It's funny, elsewhere on this site I noticed an announcement about another channel that's starting up, I think only broadcasting one afternoon a week or something. That aside, in the blurb for the new channel, guess what three words were used, go on guess.

I'll give you a clue, the first word is family ...

;)
Seems as though it’s a channel set up by Mike Saint

Mason doing a tool kit saying it's a great price, blah blah, £39.99 but not in stock you have to pre-order not dispatch till 19th Oct.

IW Price check with Rolson to show how great price is, Rolson £64.99.

Great price Mike (y), oh but wait it's £24.99 and Amazon have it in stock. ;)

Watching Mason this evening having to do four hours in a row on his own. Fair play to him on that alone. That’s the end of the positives. The same cheap and not very cheerful range of goods he’s having to sell. Christmas candles. Then there was some er..Christmas candles..and erm..I don’t know…some other items I’d turn down as a free gift at a whist drive. Was there a cheap lamp? Possibly…Just an intertransferable blur of hawkery…A Rolson tool kit in a bag now at £39.99 which is £24.99 at Amazon for what looks like the identical thing. The prices are so poor and if you are remotely Net savvie you’ll know that. Who on earth are they expecting to buy this stuff? I can only think the kind of captive audience that thinks a PC walks the streets in a blue suit and a cork helmet. Now a Rolson electronic safe at a penny short of £50.00. Around £20 to £25 cheaper elsewhere. So poor.

A ‘glitch‘ in the system allows the suitcases to return. They weren’t due to, but here they are, he says. Is the glitch that nothing else is selling this evening? If that is right, then maybe the clue to that is their prices are rubbish and generally completely uncompetitive? The previous Ideal World was often keen to bring up price comparisons with other online retailers. You don’t get that here, other than them quoting unrealistic manufacturer charges on their own site. I wonder why?

A ‘glitch‘ in the system allows the suitcases to return. They weren’t due to, but here they are, he says. Is the glitch that nothing else is selling this evening? If that is right, then maybe the clue to that is their prices are rubbish and generally completely uncompetitive? The previous Ideal World was often keen to bring up price comparisons with other online retailers. You don’t get that here other than quoting when the manufacturer charges on their own site. I wonder why?
The suitcase set £149.99 on Amazon, so they are cheaper this time.

Latest posts

Back