Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pleather!! in shopping telly world a bit of a PU reference tends to surface to throw punters off the cheap and nasty vibe - PU Leather!
Does anyone remember years ago when Bid TV were selling bonded leather settees. Peter Simon was gushing over this, thought we were so lucky to actually have bonded leather. Its made by scraps of leather being mashed into a pulp and then binding it to paper backing. He didn't mention this bit.🙄

I do question the motivation of newbies who immediately challenge the views of the majority of contributors. Of course, they're absolutely entitled to do that if they wish to.

But an accusation made of us is "why do you watch if you hate it". We could say the same to them - why do you contribute to a forum that has the total opposite views to you. We're not likely to change our opinions to please you.

So back to motivation. They could either be a member of staff or a presenter, or they're a character in Nordic folklore...

Best way of dealing with them is to not respond to them. You can't have an argument with someone if they don't respond.
If you're referring to Terry Hopping, he wasn't looking for an argument. He was genuinely asking why posters here spend so much time watching a shopping channel they clearly despise. No argument baiting, just a reasonable question - one that still hasn't received an answer, I notice.

But yes, ignore him. Ignore me. Ignore anyone who doesn't come here every hour every day slagging off the channel, the presenters, the products, threatening to write another letter to the ASA, moaning that Ideal World isn't as good as it used to be - when you were complaining about it then!

Unfathomable.

If you're referring to Terry Hopping, he wasn't looking for an argument. He was genuinely asking why posters here spend so much time watching a shopping channel they clearly despise. No argument baiting, just a reasonable question - one that still hasn't received an answer, I notice.

But yes, ignore him. Ignore me. Ignore anyone who doesn't come here every hour every day slagging off the channel, the presenters, the products, threatening to write another letter to the ASA, moaning that Ideal World isn't as good as it used to be - when you were complaining about it then!

Unfathomable.
I don't despise Ideal World, nor do I spend all day watching it. I find it quite entertaining at times but I will call them out when they make ridiculous, unsubstantiated claims about products they wouldn't be seen dead using. I'm sure my fellow posters feel the same. Merry Christmas.

Unfathomable.
Perhaps if the Ideal World people posting on here could at least concede that some of their sales tactics are questionable it would be worth having a discussion about it.

Latest posts

Back