Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn’t see much at all yesterday as I was selling a guitar in Ashton-under-Lyne yesterday and then the travel back… Saw briefly the beauty gadgets woman later last night. The one with the frozen face who has the volume turned up to maximum during the promos saying ‘Today’s Star Buy’…at least twice every fifteen minutes…No Mason that I saw…They said Simona (is it?) was up next for the graveyard slot…Simona…Heather…Rob…These are good people, and generally sell in a mature, informative and non-hysterical manner. They should base the presentation around these three and similar, plus Mason for the entertainment factor.

If getting a life means ignoring/ not calling out those who use tactics that use exaggerated claims designed to mislead then I’m happy to not have a life. I don’t understand the mindset of anyone who says « if you see something you feel is using those tactics you should look away and not call it out ».
i also don’t know anyone on this thread who spends all day watching shopping tv. A perfect example IMO of a exaggerated unsubstantiated claim.
i currently lead a very nocturnal life which means I’m asleep most of the time shopping channels like IW are broadcast live making it impossible for me personally to « sit watching for hours on end »
And in defending the channel they never actually say what is so good about it. As in, they think the products are high quality, the service ordering/returning is efficient, or the presenters do a good job. It's just "why do we watch", I repeat "why do you stay on this forum?"

I used to belong to a Facebook group for my area, was mainly people posting fabulous old photos and sharing memories of the past. It was really good. However soon after some people would say things like how its a **** hole now due to immigration, and there would be really nasty arguments (and lies told by people who no longer lived in the area) that never seemed to be moderated by admins. People's views are their own but it wasn't what I joined for so I left the group.

Same here, why do people stay? They never choose to defend the lies told (and scare tactics about grannies dying from the cold). And we're not going to change our views for them. I don't even think its about their supposed fondness for the company (unless they're employees), its just "you sad people, why do you watch?" And our conversations usually drift onto other subjects and we have a laugh which they of course have no interest in. They just dip in, put on angry posts, and then not post for weeks. I have strong suspicions that one of the posters may be "Our Bet" who we cynically didn't believe existed. I'm getting an investigative journalist from the Exchange and Mart on the case.

I like this forum because my bullshit meter is sensitive and I rarely watch more than 2 minutes of IW at a time (as I regularly say). However the good people on here keep me informed.

Merry Christmas fellow forum members, and here's hoping that Santa doesn't source our presents from IW🌲🎅

I see Rob Is on this afternoon.

Also Annie said the other night, she doesn’t like Christmas so is working, and will give her wages for that day to charity, see we can be positive

I know we complain about the some of the presenters, but we wish them no harm, even though we pick holes in Mikes Tactics, if you look back to when he was off unwell, we left comments of concern

Last edited:
And in defending the channel they never actually say what is so good about it. As in, they think the products are high quality, the service ordering/returning is efficient, or the presenters do a good job. It's just "why do we watch", I repeat "why do you stay on this forum?"

I used to belong to a Facebook group for my area, was mainly people posting fabulous old photos and sharing memories of the past. It was really good. However soon after some people would say things like how its a **** hole now due to immigration, and there would be really nasty arguments (and lies told by people who no longer lived in the area) that never seemed to be moderated by admins. People's views are their own but it wasn't what I joined for so I left the group.

Same here, why do people stay? They never choose to defend the lies told (and scare tactics about grannies dying from the cold). And we're not going to change our views for them. I don't even think its about their supposed fondness for the company (unless they're employees), its just "you sad people, why do you watch?" And our conversations usually drift onto other subjects and we have a laugh which they of course have no interest in. They just dip in, put on angry posts, and then not post for weeks. I have strong suspicions that one of the posters may be "Our Bet" who we cynically didn't believe existed. I'm getting an investigative journalist from the Exchange and Mart on the case.

I like this forum because my bullshit meter is sensitive and I rarely watch more than 2 minutes of IW at a time (as I regularly say). However the good people on here keep me informed.

Merry Christmas fellow forum members, and here's hoping that Santa doesn't source our presents from IW🌲🎅
Well said and Merry Christmas, Muttley.

I agree. The stance is always along the lines of ‘ You hate us, don’t watch us’. My stance is ’if you don‘t like what we are saying, don’t read it, and don’t lift the forum names’.

Many times I and others praised people like Heather, Rob and Simona. That isn’t despising everything about Ideal World. What I do loathe is some of what I and others see as the very cynical sales methods they use. They seem to take the view that if you don’t like how we sell, don’t watch. I disagree. Those methods should continue to be observed and challenged on a public platform like here. It‘s a perfectly reasonable point of discussion.

If they are going to persist in doing these price comparisons as a selling strategy, just be reasonable about it. Using the one below they would still come out on top. And by doing that, in turn, they aren’t convincing people who rely on television information for their pricing that they are saving £30 instead of a a fiver:-

IMG_2509.jpeg

Exactly That’s a positive. It is actually good to see them being competitive. I’m sure people don’t want them to fail, but to be competitive in the right way. Don’t do these outrageous price comparisons. Actually source the exact goods you are selling, and then compare with people selling them for a little bit more. Not with a generic but much better quality product for loads of money more. I think people on the forum would respect them for doing that.

20 percent off code Duke so they are £32. Why say they are £89.99 as a comparison price, that is, YET AGAIN, a complete load of tosh in the context of this product , has one person ever paid £89.99 for these - if the IW snoopers wish to comment ??

I won't hold my breath.
Well spotted. Didn’t see that..

Something actually cheaper than Amazon. That’s even if you use the Amazon voucher

Just to point out, it's not strictly Amazon that is selling it or an Amazon voucher, it's an Amazon market place seller & their voucher, Amazon are just doing the delivery and admin for a percentage. A bit like how the new Shop On TV are operating, except they don't do the delivery side like Amazon do. :)

Didn’t see much at all yesterday as I was selling a guitar in Ashton-under-Lyne yesterday and then the travel back… Saw briefly the beauty gadgets woman later last night. The one with the frozen face who has the volume turned up to maximum during the promos saying ‘Today’s Star Buy’…at least twice every fifteen minutes…No Mason that I saw…They said Simona (is it?) was up next for the graveyard slot…Simona…Heather…Rob…These are good people, and generally sell in a mature, informative and non-hysterical manner. They should base the presentation around these three and similar, plus Mason for the entertainment factor.

Although i would drop watches from Simona's shows, poor girl obviously knows next to nothing about watches and it's painful watching her, leave the cheap crap watches to the shysters who excel in overhyping crap and leave her with products she's more familiar with.

Oh Merry Xmas to everybody, hope there's lots of non IW presents and stacks of food and drink. 🎉 🥳

This morning's walk got me right in the xmas mood, walk along the Dee in the snow, with xmas music blaring in my ears. 🤣

View attachment 27334
Hi Hammy, that picture is amazing! Cloudy where I am although I've managed a short walk along the Thames in Richmond as the forecast in London is rain for the next week.

Merry Christmas to you too! Let's see if they're stupid enough to mention your walk in the snow...

Latest posts

Back