Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you're referring to Terry Hopping, he wasn't looking for an argument. He was genuinely asking why posters here spend so much time watching a shopping channel they clearly despise. No argument baiting, just a reasonable question - one that still hasn't received an answer, I notice.

But yes, ignore him. Ignore me. Ignore anyone who doesn't come here every hour every day slagging off the channel, the presenters, the products, threatening to write another letter to the ASA, moaning that Ideal World isn't as good as it used to be - when you were complaining about it then!

Unfathomable.
Selective reading? I stated I find shopping TV very interesting and many of us have recently posted how we like the new presenters ie Heather for one.

Also how do you know what Tel H was (or wasnt) looking for? can you answer that question for us please? thank you.

Merry christmas all, have a great time, take care. (y)

Attachments

• 4858hu0.jpg
    4858hu0.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 24
If you're referring to Terry Hopping, he wasn't looking for an argument. He was genuinely asking why posters here spend so much time watching a shopping channel they clearly despise. No argument baiting, just a reasonable question - one that still hasn't received an answer, I notice.

But yes, ignore him. Ignore me. Ignore anyone who doesn't come here every hour every day slagging off the channel, the presenters, the products, threatening to write another letter to the ASA, moaning that Ideal World isn't as good as it used to be - when you were complaining about it then!

Unfathomable.
It was answered, but obviously people asking the question didn't like the answer. If your only response is 'get a life' then my question to you is why do you care? I think you are misunderstanding what internet forums are for. Piss taking and critiquing? You have a problem with that? I can only assume you have a vested interest in it, and you object to people raising genuine concerns that you pass off as a nuisance, you miss the point. The head scratcher is, why do you think we SHOULDN'T care? The channels and presenters are putting themselves out there, expecting the audience and paying customers to just listen to them and not bother researching properly. Trust them and hand over their money. As far as I checked this wasn't a dictatorship. And as long as companies provide a service there will be comments made about the quality of those services.

It was answered, but obviously people asking the question didn't like the answer. If your only response is 'get a life' then my question to you is why do you care? I think you are misunderstanding what internet forums are for. Piss taking and critiquing? You have a problem with that? I can only assume you have a vested interest in it, and you object to people raising genuine concerns that you pass off as a nuisance, you miss the point. The head scratcher is, why do you think we SHOULDN'T care? The channels and presenters are putting themselves out there, expecting the audience and paying customers to just listen to them and not bother researching properly. Trust them and hand over their money. As far as I checked this wasn't a dictatorship. And as long as companies provide a service there will be comments made about the quality of those services.
If getting a life means ignoring/ not calling out those who use tactics that use exaggerated claims designed to mislead then I’m happy to not have a life. I don’t understand the mindset of anyone who says « if you see something you feel is using those tactics you should look away and not call it out ».
i also don’t know anyone on this thread who spends all day watching shopping tv. A perfect example IMO of a exaggerated unsubstantiated claim.
i currently lead a very nocturnal life which means I’m asleep most of the time shopping channels like IW are broadcast live making it impossible for me personally to « sit watching for hours on end »

Latest posts

Back