Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only sally could tell us she couldn't afford Regatta until ideal world started selling it despite her telling us she uses £40 room sprays.
Ideal regatta Jacket £34.99
Regatta website£20.95

It's a really strange statement to make, especially as Regatta are not an expensive brand, they're a fairly affordable brand and as you say she spens quite a lot on other things.

Isn’t he some sort of life guru now? Although they still use one of his ancient promos regularly. You know…the one where home essentials can easily be misheard

Every. Single. Time. Makes me laugh 🙊.

Paul is indeed doing coaching/talks/seminars etc and making decent coin doing it. He was doing it alongside IW mk2 as well. I doubt he has any desire to sully his reputation by flogging plastic lamps, walking canes, and 3 packs of Scotch video cassettes (okay, one of those I made up).

Or maybe just sign this cheque: you don't need to worry filling out the rest. We're your friends - we can do that for you.

Some of the sales techniques on this channel are dripping in "I'm doing this for your benefit, Doris. I wouldn't want you to miss out on this deal. Is there anything else I can do to get you to sign today?" pressure selling vibes.

Plus you can add that it's probably got a basic Ronda quartz movement, the fact they don't tell you what movement is in it is telling also, then even £449 is steep.
Just to give a point of comparison, a real one, you can get one of Rondas most advanced quartz mechanisms - the Ronda 5940E - it’s a chrono with day and date and an analogue 1/10 second dial (almost spins as fast as the Bulovas - but not quite!) AND 300m water restistance for £210.
That was from a microbrand ‘Xezo’ doing exactly the same as most of the IW crew, but it shows how enormous their markups are,

This was it…it’s a bit pricier on Amazon now, still far less than IW, but I’ll bet it’ll be reduced again at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_4717.jpeg
    IMG_4717.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back