Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It speaks volumes for the ethics of his employer, letting him appear in that state. They either couldn’t care less what image he presents, thought it would create sympathy purchases, or just nobody took it upon themselves to tell the old fu…mucker he was not going on air in that visual state of horror. In other words…nobody cared.
Dereliction of duty ?

I’m not a fan of Pedro but seriously tjc you have a duty of care to your staff.
Kids in the gallery a producer /director what are you all doing,absolute shambles you just don’t care,look at that man’s face,shameful and negligent of a human being.
Far more interested in creating fake texts from "Hammy" to amuse themselves than the well-being of one of their presenters.

It brings you back to who is actually overseeing the Gallery staff day on day? The production staff ones I have seen look like kids to me (but then again, I am 61). That said, there must be somebody from management of TJC checking the output meets broadcasting standards, surely? Or are they just left to their own devices, with the presenters essentially running things? No way should Simon have been allowed on air looking like that. But for some reason it was allowed.

It brings you back to who is actually overseeing the Gallery staff day on day? The production staff ones I have seen look like kids to me (but then again, I am 61). That said, there must be somebody from management of TJC checking the output meets broadcasting standards, surely? Or are they just left to their own devices, with the presenters essentially running things? No way should Simon have been allowed on air looking like that. But for some reason it was allowed.
The only one I've seen is a scruffy looking lad with long hair and beard who looks like he's on work experience (I think he must do the late shift because that's what I tend to watch the most of, as opposed to dipping in and out throughout the day). Can't be more than his early twenties, if that.

It speaks volumes for the ethics of his employer, letting him appear in that state. They either couldn’t care less what image he presents, thought it would create sympathy purchases, or just nobody took it upon themselves to tell the old fu…mucker he was not going on air in that visual state of horror. In other words…nobody cared.

There are no ethics in selly telly. ;) I've said it before TJC is just a boring Ideal Shopping Direct/Ideal World light, same low morals, ethics, lies & bullshit, it's just their presenters weren't in your face with the hard sell as much as the IW crowd.

There has to be some sort of duty manager for both channels’ output. Surely that is a condition of their operating licence? Otherwise a maverick presenter could suddenly start some anti-Eastern Europeans tirade live on air, for example. I simply refuse to believe the thing is just run by those bogus oiks in the Gallery with nobody above them?

There has to be some sort of duty manager for both channels’ output. Surely that is a condition of their operating licence? Otherwise a maverick presenter could suddenly start some anti-Eastern Europeans tirade live on air, for example. I simply refuse to believe the thing is just run by those bogus oiks in the Gallery with nobody above them?
That guy that was on the other day, Martin?

Maybe management are like modern parents, sent the kids out to play in the Wendy house and don't care what they are doing as they can't see or hear them......

The same old spiel all the time. Selling out, hundreds on the line, don't miss out, just buy one, even if you don't want one? :confused:
Assuming it's based on the truth/facts, I notice that QVC will sometimes mention numbers shifted e.g. '5000 of these have sold in the last 7 days.' Indeed, TJC also do numbers sold.

IF IW presenters are telling viewers the truth e.g. 'flying out!' etc ... because they never lie or deceive do they ;) ... then why not back it up by telling viewers how many have actually sold?

I think we all know why ;)

I have wondered if the reason they only make such limited numbers is they know they won't sell.....

They are niche watches, while they may sell well with folks who like big watches they aren't going to sell to the vast majority of watch folk or the general public who are buying watches on the high street.

Nubeo, Nubeo, whereforeart thou Nubeo?

On IW3 of course!

Big, ugly, chunky, vulgar, ridiculously overpriced.

Take yours down the pub, boast it's only 1 of 100 made.

"You mean there were 99 other mugs who bought one?"
According to Peter S they are one of thee top global watch brands.

Funny, I've checked website after website showing the top brands over past years and guess how many times I saw the name Nubeo ;)

They really do spout any old guff.

Latest posts

Back