Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting, they've ignored my last 5 complaints at the end of last year, i gave up complaining as it seemed to be a waste of time, maybe i need to persist and pester them more often. :ROFLMAO:
sadly seems to be mate ... they can BS all they like about the looks etc and how great it is but but facts are facts and should not be allowed to go unchecked

Opened the pen segment name-checking Roald Dahl and other famous writers (Brontë, Hemingway, Dickens)…for reasons unknown. Did they write their novels in biro?

Also, if the sterling silver is, per gram weight, worth more than the price they’re selling the pen for… I don’t understand why they aren’t selling it to be melted down or whatever?

As for it being an “heirloom piece” we need to get valued….

Fu……dge off, you shyster.

And he keeps saying “getting this for £9.99”… yeah, first of 5 flexis, mate.

“The exquisite nature of the flow of the ink”.

Exquisite nature of the flow of your BS, more like.

Last edited:
Opened the pen segment name-checking Roald Dahl and other famous writers (Brontë, Hemingway, Dickens)…for reasons unknown. Did they write their novels in biro?

Also, if the sterling silver is, per gram weight, worth more than the price they’re selling the pen for… I don’t understand why they aren’t selling it to be melted down or whatever?

As for it being an “heirloom piece” we need to get valued….

Fu……dge off, you shyster.

And he keeps saying “getting this for £9.99”… yeah, first of 5 flexis, mate.

“The exquisite nature of the flow of the ink”.

Exquisite nature of the flow of your BS, more like.
I’ll stick to my trusty 60 year old Parker Pen with the gold clip thank you. I do like the box though!

People will be impressed when you write cheques at the bank, Peter said last night

You need to find one open still first
He is so out of time, isn't he?

Cheques are dead and hand writing isn't far behind sadly.

If you gave a pen to anyone under 40 they would hardly know what to do with it. Even kids at school tend to hold a pen like it was a spear with the whole hand wrapped around it instead of just thumb and forefinger as older people do.

Letter writing is a lost art, if anyone had to write one it would end up like a text or email, no proper salutation, grammar or punctuation. I know as I offered to help a youngster write an interview application. He hadn't a clue although he had gained plenty of qualifications.

Sad but true.

Latest posts

Back