Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jeeeez...I had a look at IW to look at some of these Heritor (who?) watches and some of them are quite smart looking...but go onto any reputable store's website and you'll find very similar looking watches bearing decent brand names....Rotary, Accurist, Skagen, and as I said before those with designer names...Hugo Boss, Armani, Bulova for a fraction of the price and no doubt just as well made and reliable... I mean why would you? No, you won't be buying a future heirloom, you'll be wasting good money!....And as for these "Swiss"monstrosities...they just reek "pop up shop"! You know the ones that take over empty high street premeses for the xmas period and sell unbranded luggage, dodgy watches, wrapping paper and pooping reindeers!

They are not the only ones sniffin something, looking about the web, quite a few sites have this higher priced, Amazon have it at £1080, unbelievable. Retailers are obviously buying the marketing crap from this shower. Ok just noticed, it's not Amazon that's actually selling them, it's a market place seller, Ideal Fashions with a London address, which just so happens to be Resultco the brand owner. So they must be using Amazon like their web site, ie give a false impression of the value and maybe catch a couple of suckers at the same time.

Their web site states it has a Uni directional bezel, which it certainly hasn't.

As for diving, they claim it's 200m rated professional diver, which is a diver watch rating suitable for Scuba Diving, which I don't believe it is either.

Here's a video from a guy that got one from watchgang, back in 2017, $100 would be ok in his estimation, you can also see that the bezel can't be moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRErkl7S4k

There are loads of inexpensive, actual dive watches, out there that are way better quality than this.

This looks a much better deal for $50 from jomashop.

https://www.jomashop.com/invicta-pro-diver-watch-30024.html

I know it's only an Invicta and it's quartz, but to me a much better buy than that Heritor garbage.

This looks a much better deal for $50 from jomashop.

https://www.jomashop.com/invicta-pro-diver-watch-30024.html

I know it's only an Invicta and it's quartz, but to me a much better buy than that Heritor garbage.

Agreed, I've a couple of Pro divers automatics, got them from Amazon on one of their deals of the day, £68 for one and £80 for the other and like the quartz version you've posted, they are way better quality and specs than the Heritor Pro Diver. Another thing that annoys me is they've probably taken the name pro diver from Invicta's Pro diver as it's a well known name and the diver image is pretty crap on the dial, very amateurish, nothing compared to the likes of Vostok's scuba dude image.

Last edited:
Typical Ideal World shabbiness...On tonight's Planet Cruise show they displayed a graphic with a list of the supposed booking benefits. At the bottom of that list was this less than reassuring guarantee:

We’re ABTA & ATOL bonded which means
your money is save with us.

They clearly meant to put "safe" rather than "save" but it's a good example of their less than professional standards :doh:

Here is the graphic (at 1m 55s): https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/planet-cruise-tv-show-2764802?channel=IW

Agreed, I've a couple of Pro divers automatics, got them from Amazon on one of their deals of the day, £68 for one and £80 for the other and like the quartz version you've posted, they are way better quality and specs than the Heritor Pro Diver. Another thing that annoys me is they've probably taken the name pro diver from Invicta's Pro diver as it's a well known name and the diver image is pretty crap on the dial, very amateurish, nothing compared to the likes of Vostok's scuba dude image.

I have a couple of scuba dudes. You can't beat them for value.

I have a couple of scuba dudes. You can't beat them for value.

Not just value, but an actual history and heritage behind them, I know the crown is bit off putting for some, but once you get used to it, it's not a problem.

BTW

Should be some fun viewing on Friday evening, the Queen's Jeweler is back with those outstanding pieces of horology from Constantin Weisz. :mysmilie_17:

Not just value, but an actual history and heritage behind them, I know the crown is bit off putting for some, but once you get used to it, it's not a problem.

BTW

Should be some fun viewing on Friday evening, the Queen's Jeweler is back with those outstanding pieces of horology from Constantin Weisz. :mysmilie_17:

Another so called watch expert. Gawd!!!!!

Well see the Queens jeweler is here and complimented him on his shirt, instead she should have said why didn't you shave you look like a right scruff. Probably thinks they're using the old cameras and we have crap pictures and won't notice. And as for lowest prices ever well, same price as you had them on last time.

But if you want a cheap C Weisz watch, get them off their ebay site, they sell the C Weisz they use on the show for display and ones that have been returned from customers on there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Wristwat...=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=cut-price-outlet

Well it didn't take long for his lies to start, first watch was "built in Germany, on the banks of the Cologne" (did Cologne turn into the Rhine :mysmilie_17:), but anyway that first watch it's a made in China watch, only two of their watches are made in Germany and that's the two specials that have the dials made from his cars.

Oh and Dirk or whatever his name took 24 months to design the case on this watch.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/con...-with-genuine-leather-strap-6-slot-box-466423

I actually don't know why he wasted his time designing the case, as it already existed, folks like Polanti and Carrero in the US have been using that case for a few years, suppose that's to be expected from a case that is readily available from China for different brands to use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...xfHkAhUQTsAKHYXHD9QQ_AUIEigC&biw=1680&bih=917

I will say, at least Polanti, although they're not Swiss Made, they do use Swiss movements in some of theirs, unlike C Weisz who have a Chinese movement in theirs.

I see we have the singing salesman selling Beldray now, and he’s getting one, and he says “this is not a billy no brand, been around for nearly 150 years, you don’t last that long unless your products are that good”, well actually Mr Mason, they didn’t last that long, Beldray went out of Business in 2004, the present day Beldray (First Martin Yaffe International Ltd and now UP Global) just acquired the company’s Trade Name, apart from using the name they have absolutely no connection with the original Beldray (Bradley) that last till 2004.

Well see the Queens jeweler is here and complimented him on his shirt, instead she should have said why didn't you shave you look like a right scruff. Probably thinks they're using the old cameras and we have crap pictures and won't notice. And as for lowest prices ever well, same price as you had them on last time.

But if you want a cheap C Weisz watch, get them off their ebay site, they sell the C Weisz they use on the show for display and ones that have been returned from customers on there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Wristwat...=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=cut-price-outlet

Well it didn't take long for his lies to start, first watch was "built in Germany, on the banks of the Cologne" (did Cologne turn into the Rhine :mysmilie_17:), but anyway that first watch it's a made in China watch, only two of their watches are made in Germany and that's the two specials that have the dials made from his cars.

Oh and Dirk or whatever his name took 24 months to design the case on this watch.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/con...-with-genuine-leather-strap-6-slot-box-466423

I actually don't know why he wasted his time designing the case, as it already existed, folks like Polanti and Carrero in the US have been using that case for a few years, suppose that's to be expected from a case that is readily available from China for different brands to use.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...xfHkAhUQTsAKHYXHD9QQ_AUIEigC&biw=1680&bih=917

I will say, at least Polanti, although they're not Swiss Made, they do use Swiss movements in some of theirs, unlike C Weisz who have a Chinese movement in theirs.

I heard him say "Built on the banks of the rhine" too. He could possibly have said, built on the banks of the Yangtze.

He showed one watch that had a so called "Like an incabloc case which is suspended" The man doesn't have a ****** clue, and he claims to have been selling watches for about 40 years or so.

I see we have the singing salesman selling Beldray now, and he’s getting one, and he says “this is not a billy no brand, been around for nearly 150 years, you don’t last that long unless your products are that good”, well actually Mr Mason, they didn’t last that long, Beldray went out of Business in 2004, the present day Beldray (First Martin Yaffe International Ltd and now UP Global) just acquired the company’s Trade Name, apart from using the name they have absolutely no connection with the original Beldray (Bradley) that last till 2004.

The truth is alien to these shysters!

I heard him say "Built on the banks of the rhine" too. He could possibly have said, built on the banks of the Yangtze.

He showed one watch that had a so called "Like an incabloc case which is suspended" The man doesn't have a ****** clue, and he claims to have been selling watches for about 40 years or so.

The "Incabloc" watch is the one in my post. Yes he's a numpty, he's confusing what is a decoration on the case as somehow providing a suspension effect. :mysmilie_17:

C Weisz office is on the banks of the Rhine in Cologne, but the watches are not made there (even the two "made in Germany" watches won't be made there but at some other location in Germany, don't know which factory in China is producing them, but the Yangtze will be a lot closer to their origins than the Rhine is, that's for sure.

I also heard him say best watch brand in the world, and he's just said the best watch show in the world, he's nothing more than a deluded liar.

I noticed this while watching last night, small fine white hairs/fluff under the glass at 7/8 and 10 o clock batons. The close ups of this particular watch ended in an info break while they changed the sample. Doesn't show up too well but I don't know how to enlarge it! Bit like the Earnshaw watch that lacked the 'w' a while back. Such shoddy, amateur management, it's what you come to expect and I'm always looking out for it :mysmilie_19:

CW.jpg

You can see it if you watch 7pm catchup from yesterday, around 29mins in.

I noticed this while watching last night, small fine white hairs/fluff under the glass at 7/8 and 10 o clock batons. The close ups of this particular watch ended in an info break while they changed the sample. Doesn't show up too well but I don't know how to enlarge it! Bit like the Earnshaw watch that lacked the 'w' a while back. Such shoddy, amateur management, it's what you come to expect and I'm always looking out for it :mysmilie_19:

View attachment 17858

No need to enlarge it, it is clearly visible - well spotted!

View attachment 17858

Don't know about you but that watch looks really cheap!

Liars, liars, liars, I've been out today, been having a meal and a drink, but coming home I find a C Weisz show on, what I don't believe it, Peter Simon that paragon of honesty stated last night, "get it now as there are no more shows", yet here we are more shows, liars, want to swear here but won't.

Nothing but lies on their shows, an absolute disgrace, how they are allowed to get away with this is mind boggling. Now there is an industry watchdog called ASA, which i have a complaint in with at the moment, if they allows this to continue, then as far as i'm concerned then ASA must be in the back pocket of a company that is willfully and deliberately dishonest and conning potential customers. It's an absolute disgrace that this is being allowed.

One or two shows you can put down to mistakes, but this is a continual series of misinformation to mislead and defraud potential customers.

Crooks that's what are, plain and simple.

PS

Emailed again to tell them what a bunch of liars they are, lacking in morals etc etc, advised them of my existing complaint re Ballast with ASA, and that I'm recording their lies and that many more complaints will be forthcoming. Have a feeling I'll be ignored again, but just felt like telling what a bunch of lowlife immoral liars they are. :mysmilie_17:

Seems to be an awful lot of same old, same old on IW these days ..

Yes, it's a little bit like ground hog day sometimes! There was a time, not all that long ago, when there was a good variety of goods on offer, now every time I tune in it seems to be some unheard of (outside the IW sphere) 'luxury' watches.

Latest posts

Back