Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Better with other people in chalets (portacabibns) too.

Was there any overnight security on site, especially when she was on her own?

Didn't seem to be any security hut at the gates when the BBC investigated towards the end of IW.
With the channel airing until 3am on ITV, and I think the Programmes begin at 7am, there probably wasn’t long with nobody there, but I know id have felt very uneasy being there on my own,

With the channel airing until 3am on ITV, and I think the Programmes begin at 7am, there probably wasn’t long with nobody there, but I know id have felt very uneasy being there on my own,

I'm imagining they'll be staff working in the building 24 hours a day.
Probably staff working all night, cleaners cleaning studio after 3am shows finish, plus although shows finish at 3 i'm sure the production staff etc must have stuff to do before they call it a night (or morning). Then starting at 7am would need folks in way before then getting set up for shows etc. They probably had quite a few staff who worked shifts so always staff on the go.

I'm imagining they'll be staff working in the building 24 hours a day.
Probably staff working all night, cleaners cleaning studio after 3am shows finish, plus although shows finish at 3 i'm sure the production staff etc must have stuff to do before they call it a night (or morning). Then starting at 7am would need folks in way before then getting set up for shows etc. They probably had quite a few staff who worked shifts so always staff on the go.
Well they did

...found a watch-related forum re Ideal World, Swan & Edgar, etc.
That watchforum mentioned the hilarious "wolf fleece" which became a bit of a joke in the day, or these days you'd call it a 'meme'. Remember that?!

imgrc0076152520.jpg

Then they made a video...

Hope all are good

"Interesting" comment from the UKs top drone presenter on Facebook today in response to Paul Becque

Richard Mire
Once I get some money out of the administrators hahahahaah. I hope you are well Paul.

• 1d

Shaun Crawley appears to be auditioning for a role as a pub singer in the second post down here

Jon Trevor has posted his commiserations by tagging at least half the people who haven't worked at Ideal for 5 years :)

Seems a nice enough guy though been some time since he was sighted wasn't he a Bid tv regular first?

Shaun Crawley appears to be auditioning for a role as a pub singer in the second post down here
nice looking pad, if that's someone from ideals house they've done very very well for themselves.

rubber head really hamming it up there, pseudo yank style, reckon he could do a cracking Cher tribute!

Thanks, very interesting.

The related video showing the last minutes of IW was ironic that the last brand advert prior to the blue screen was Bench. That's where they ended up!

Also the documentary showing the run-up and launch of IW with Paul Wright showed Tony Blackburn, previously of QVC, also selling 60s shagadelic party CDs.

And not hairpieces, as I'd expected...👴
Quite fitting it ended with "steve whatley's Zhuzh" even if they did scrape his name off it in the final years

Thanks for that. What an average end going out on Hairy Mopkin and the Gimp meister. The channel should have been shut down by the ASA and prevented from selling any further goods with the perilous position it was obviously in. As I have said previously, shame on those presenters at the very end asking people to part with their monies when the company was about to fold. I hope they all sleep well at night. Some of them appear to have more than enough bedrooms to choose from to do it in.

Thanks for that. What an average end going out on Hairy Mopkin and the Gimp meister. The channel should have been shut down by the ASA and prevented from selling any further goods with the perilous position it was obviously in. As I have said previously, shame on those presenters at the very end asking people to part with their monies when the company was about to fold. I hope they all sleep well at night. Some of them appear to have more than enough bedrooms to choose from to do it in.

Also shame on those running the show.
None of the, we're suspending trading for a wee bit, or we're taking a temporary break as we're having problems, so please don't place any orders after the break, no let's just finish with.

"Do keep shopping after the hour, all the Ws Ideal World dot TV"

If I went out offering goods and services to say, older people. Creating an impression I was in business long term with no problems. But in fact I knew I was going bust the next day. Selling them goods and services I had taken money from them for, but then couldn’t or wouldn’t provide. I’m sure Trading Standards and ultimately the Police and the courts system would be in touch.. Reminds you of anybody?

Maybe go back to working on the cruise ships, sure i've heard him say he was an entertainments officer or some crap like that.

Latest posts

Back