Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps, rather than advocating physically spinning around a front facing dash cam in a tailgating at speed situation, (which for me is ridiculous and potentially dangerous advice), why not sell a dash cam for more than peanuts that comes equipped with a rear camera set-up? One that films the rear screen separately from the front camera. Like so much of what they sell, its cheap and doesn’t offer the facilities of more expensive models. Also, the insurance company reducing policies for dash cam ownership advice is still woefully inadequate and ambiguous. No mention of it needs to be an approved model to possibly get any discount. Mason really does believe it is still 1985 with his sales techniques.

I need to sit down. He’s hit me with an opportunity that I can’t believe he’s going to hit me with again. Even he can’t believe he’s going to hit me with this opportunity that he’s going to hit me with. It’s an opportunity to be hit with that I thought I’d been hit with enough this December, and believed the promises that I wouldn’t be hit with it again. But nonetheless, I’m going to be hit again with William Hunt, Yet another opportunity to cover myself in it, put on a Tamsy flying jacket and place myself on a tall bar stool in the Ferret and Merkin and look for bearded, shaven headed men and women to approach me and ask me what I’ve got on.. He’s telling me I’m going to feel special, sexy, masculine. I’m even going to get a free, whistling returned stock cane to spin with as I fall through the public bar doors…drenched in William Hunt. The system has melted - allegedly.
Don't forget the flash watch that you'll be wearing, that's always a conversation starter in pubs as well. Mason said once, when you walk in a pub wearing this, conversation will stop and all eyes will be upon you. I think that's probably just him, as in "who is this prat who's just strutted in"😂.

And don't forget, William Hunt fragrances are 'award winning'. Not sure whether the award was from Vogue, Cosmopolitan or the Pig Breeders weekly...

Using Hammy again. This always seems to coincide with when they read something they don’t like on these forums, and decide to use forum usernames for one of their ridiculous texts. Essentially sticking two fingers up at it.
I wonder how IW would feel if one of us shared this on social media. Let people know that the channel is so pathetic that staff trawl a forum to use screen names of people who criticise their sales techniques and awful products to make claims of things we've bought or how much we love the show. People might wonder why they have to do this. And it seems odd that people email or text with names like Hammy or Muttley, clearly screen names, why don't people just give their first names?

To any production staff reading this, I hope you've kept all the emails and texts from Hammy, Muttley from Hull and any others you've namechecked from here. Because you may need them in the future. You clearly read this forum because the famous 'Lee from Ventnor' has started making an appearance after we discussed it. You might think that all publicity is good publicity but I sincerely doubt it.

I did ask this earlier. The point about creating (if indeed, they are creating) usernames for text messages et cetera that they then regularly broadcast on air. Messages that essentially praise the products they are selling. Nothing wrong with that as long as the text messages ARE genuine. For me it stretches credibility to believe that they have real people regularly texting in with what are in essence, unusual usernames, and ones particular to this forum.

If they could see through their own annoyance, they could actually pick up good points here on how to present to the public a decent shopping channel. People aren’t just on a negativity trail on the forum all the time. The rare times that something good happens (like that Heather girl, for example), positive feedback is posted. If they asked themselves the question why are people apparently against us here, perhaps they could see the answer is that is because they are not putting out a very good standard of presentation in terms of giving people informed choice to buy, and we are just offering our critiques of that most of the time. Why don’t they want to learn from feedback instead of just behaving like children cribbing usernames etc.? The likes of Rob Locke (an intelligent adult without an ego) takes time and trouble to seek our opinion, as he and others like Grant the tech guy presumably see years of watching the genre as offering views worth hearing. It’s no coincidence therefore that his shopping channel offers a much better presented service to the public.

What other company would hire a collective band of failure?
I’m sure Peter Stroganoff will turn up soon the leading expert in heating and rattan.
Failure seems to breed reward with shopping channels,I doubt qvc would touch them with a barge pole.
What a way to make a living shocking 🧻
As for the back room staff dumb and dumber must have a full time job reading this forum,everyone knows your watching 🤣

I did ask this earlier. The point about creating (if indeed, they are creating) usernames for text messages et cetera that they then regularly broadcast on air. Messages that essentially praise the products they are selling. Nothing wrong with that as long as the text messages ARE genuine. For me it stretches credibility to believe that they have real people regularly texting in with what are in essence, unusual usernames, and ones particular to this forum.

If they could see through their own annoyance, they could actually pick up good points here on how to present to the public a decent shopping channel. People aren’t just on a negativity trail on the forum all the time. The rare times that something good happens (like that Heather girl, for example), positive feedback is posted. If they asked themselves the question why are people apparently against us here, perhaps they could see the answer is that is because they are not putting out a very good standard of presentation in terms of giving people informed choice to buy, and we are just offering our critiques of that most of the time. Why don’t they want to learn from feedback instead of just behaving like children cribbing usernames etc.? The likes of Rob Locke (an intelligent adult without an ego) takes time and trouble to seek our opinion, as he and others like Grant the tech guy presumably see years of watching the genre as offering views worth hearing. It’s no coincidence therefore that his shopping channel offers a much better presented service to the public.
A focus group would be good, I'd join it. As you say, they just see the negative comments. If they removed Peter Simon (unfunny, gross innuendos and generally useless); Mike Mason (often aggressive and patronising) and Sally Jacks (loud and shouty) then they might get a more balanced view.

Plus the rubbish they come out with. One day this type of iron is the best there is, everything else is rubbish. Then next week they sell a different one and the same presenter is saying the same about this product. Just say a product is good and explain it properly.

Price comparisons that are total fiction, "you can't get it cheaper anywhere". 30 seconds on Google proves them wrong.

Selling cheap, unbranded handbags and namedropping The Princess of Wales saying she would like this.

And scaring viewers with "your old granny will die of cold unless you buy this product"

If I thought that the production team of IW would take any of these comments onboard I'd continue.

Latest posts

Back