Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Handbag swimming floats now.. I‘m sure I’ve sold these before…Course you have, luv. From outside your caravan.. That dreadful chav strap. Perfect for dancing around and it still being there four hours later.. She categorically knows, you know. If you know, why don’t you just tell people what price they were sold at before?

You’d feel guilty giving them to your worst enemy. I wouldn’t pi..on them if they were on fire.. Last item before she goes home for Christmas- the socks that flew out the door earlier, and then flew back in again. Eight Pound Fifteeeey

She’s not short, is she. Well, not in that way. All those toilet rolls she flogged during the Plandemic, perhaps..Try and count up all those new Ideal World products she has on display..Er..0…0…0..

Was Mason meant to be on this evening? Maybe he ran out of Gammon….?? This woman presenting tonight is a qualified barrister, isn’t she? Why? Just why?

I've said before (and DOC touched on this earlier) having a fancy new studio is simply going to make the poor-quality goods they sell (all sourced from AliExpress™ and Temu™) look even worse!

Instead of Pedro only being able to gurn and limp around a 4ft space to sell a £15 cane, he'll now have 12ft of space…

Sneezy Panda won't actually become the must-have xmas toy because the backdrop and desk no longer wobble…

The studio isn't the most pressing issue with TatJC-IW, the shoddy products are!
The studio is more important for the cooking items. There is no room and they need to have proper facilities to demo cookware etc. and for floor cleaning and vacuums more space equals better set design and better shots and positioning of cameras. I agree with you that if they don't up their game product wise it's all for 0 anyway

Vomit inducing performative guff.

As with everything Sally Jacks does (and says) it's all about showing off. The 'aren't I fabulous and isn't my life glamorous and don't you poor people just wish you were me-me-me' routine.

Her branding herself as "Sally Jacks - TV mum" sums it up. She's a presenter on a low-rent shopping TV channel, flogging sub-par goods at over-inflated prices to gullible pensioners. Hardly deserves a star on the walk of fame.

Most small YouTuber channels have more viewers than IW does!

The studio is more important for the cooking items. There is no room and they need to have proper facilities to demo cookware etc. and for floor cleaning and vacuums more space equals better set design and better shots and positioning of cameras. I agree with you that if they don't up their game product wise it's all for 0 anyway

Firstly, studio is going to help greatly.

Secondly, one of the reasons the old IW failed was the tiny margins it operated with. It tried to copy QVC, however volume was too low, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, top brands with small margins only work if you shift high quantities, which QVC can do. However, there is a substantial market for non-branded affordable goods, which TJC and the new IW exploit perfectly.

Having said that, I understand that IW will be enhancing their product offering. Remember, these guys launched a brand new channel on the 29 Sep, just 7 days after securing a deal with the administrators, otherwise they would have lost the freeview channel under the 3 month rule. Pretty good achievement. I believe Rob Locke on the ShoponTV thread said they worked flat out with only "six" week preparation time, and that was to prepare for a maximum of 3 hours a day when most people are asleep. During that time, they have only managed to get very limited products for each show (some of which are seasoned already on IW).

Therefore, for IW to fill 20 hours a day instantly is good going. Of course, they can not magic products out of thin air and have had to share with TJC. Sourcing products is a time consuming process, especially as the launch coincided with peak when most manufacturers are already committed.

I understand their is repetition, however, they would not waste air time on products that do not sell. So, if you see the same products time and time again, they are shifting.

For those that are waiting for this venture to fail, I can assure you, things are rosy for the business : )

Firstly, studio is going to help greatly.

Secondly, one of the reasons the old IW failed was the tiny margins it operated with. It tried to copy QVC, however volume was too low, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, top brands with small margins only work if you shift high quantities, which QVC can do. However, there is a substantial market for non-branded affordable goods, which TJC and the new IW exploit perfectly.

Having said that, I understand that IW will be enhancing their product offering. Remember, these guys launched a brand new channel on the 29 Sep, just 7 days after securing a deal with the administrators, otherwise they would have lost the freeview channel under the 3 month rule. Pretty good achievement. I believe Rob Locke on the ShoponTV thread said they worked flat out with only "six" week preparation time, and that was to prepare for a maximum of 3 hours a day when most people are asleep. During that time, they have only managed to get very limited products for each show (some of which are seasoned already on IW).

Therefore, for IW to fill 20 hours a day instantly is good going. Of course, they can not magic products out of thin air and have had to share with TJC. Sourcing products is a time consuming process, especially as the launch coincided with peak when most manufacturers are already committed.

I understand their is repetition, however, they would not waste air time on products that do not sell. So, if you see the same products time and time again, they are shifting.

For those that are waiting for this venture to fail, I can assure you, things are rosy for the business : )
Nothing to do with the last owner of IW being in cosies with Sports Direct, then? ;)

Latest posts

Back