Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved Nana in the Royale Family. I remember one episode where Anthony brought a girl home for dinner and she was vegetarian (cue shocked faces). Nana asked Barbara if the girl could have wafer thin ham🤣. So well written and Liz Smith portrayed Nana brilliantly.
Yep, Liz Smith played her brilliantly…and the acerbic exchanges between her and Jim Royle (Ricky Tomlinson) were great 😊

Opens cupboard just out of camera making sure Chef Mark isn’t in there burning it down tonight. Gets hit by 20,000 packs of felt tip pens and a Spirograph kit and a set square…***in’ ‘hit ‘ole…..he sharts…
I got a Spirograph for Christmas when I was about 8, I loved it, kept me occupied for hours🙂

Wasn't she also in I Didn't Know You Cared? I heard that, Pardon...And all that. A fantastic actress...
That takes me back. My dad was always saying that, it was his catchphrase🤣

Agreed. That's why you look for trolls to picked up by the moderators. Or swung around by the administrators.
I'm sure that's illegal in some countries😆

Wasn't she also in I Didn't Know You Cared? I heard that, Pardon...And all that. A fantastic actress...
Well she was in Vicar of Dibley also as Letitia Cropley. Mustard and banana sandwiches, or cherry and marmite cake anyone? 🍰

Betty Smith MBE (11 December 1921 – 24 December 2016), known by the stage name Liz Smith, was a British character actress, known for her roles in BBC sitcoms, including as Annie Brandon in I Didn't Know You Cared (1975–1979), the sisters Bette and Belle in 2point4 Children (1991–1999), Letitia Cropley in The Vicar of Dibley (1994–1996) and Norma ("Nana") in The Royle Family (1998–2006). She also played Zillah in Lark Rise to Candleford (2008) and won the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for the 1984 film A Private Function.

I kid you not, I hopped on the YT feed and randomly stopped at a part where the new guy from C&C was flogging sunglasses. I watched all but 30 secs, however I heard him say this ...

'I'm really hoping these don't sell out, cause I'm on air now and we can't buy products when we're on air ...'

HA HA HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

It must be in the sales manual they all use '101 top bullsh1t sales techniques for use on selly telly.'

They all succumb to spouting the bullsh1t in the end ;)

Mike on the " Swiss Design" watch, you can't put Swiss on a watch unless it meets certain criteria as stipulated by the Swiss Confederation.

What criteria is that Mike? Is it that it must be a watch from UK brand, assembled in a Far East factory, with a Malaysian (might be China) assembled Seiko movement supplied by Seiko's TMI in Hong Kong, does that meet the Swiss criteria as laid down by the Swiss Confederation?

Oh the weight, the weight, they're obsessed with the ****** weight of watches. :ROFLMAO:

Trust the bald fella and his multiple conversations with himself

LottaMasons.png

Latest posts

Back