Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have wondered that too, she also has an irritating habit of replying to my request with «OK a I will go to program « whatever when I ask her to « go to channel « whatever
She was makes me feel likeI’ve been told off by an adult correcting there child’s grammar. 😶‍🌫️
I keep telling her "Open, Dave".
But she says "don't call me Dave".

Dunno' what her name is. It isn't Alexa. That's a different box.
😋

(U&Dave soon. And U&Drama, etc. under the rebranded U umbrella channel that was UKTVPlay.)

He's off already about the price being wrong on a pair of pool sliders, Foghorn was selling them last week at the same price.
It really is the pits, isn't it.
If the IW staff read this, and we're told they do, don't they think these shoddy, sharp trading practice market stall tactics from circa 1970 are beneath contempt?

Couldn't they be reported to Ofcom, Trading Standards, ASA or the Police for false representation and mis-selling?

Ok so I know this is an off the wall post but.
I’m transported back to the day when I was doing my OU degree way back when.
One of the courses i did was on AI simple stuff back then about how to tell a computer what defines a bird or a dog, a chicken is a bird but doesn’t fly, a fox or wolf isn’t a dog. We students spent a whole Blummin week at summer school trying to teach a computer how to define the difference so I kinda get it when my TV goes off in a random direction because I haven’t given it instructions it understands

Ok so I know this is an off the wall post but.
I’m transported back to the day when I was doing my OU degree way back when.
One of the courses i did was on AI simple stuff back then about how to tell a computer what defines a bird or a dog, a chicken is a bird but doesn’t fly, a fox or wolf isn’t a dog. We students spent a whole Blummin week at summer school trying to teach a computer how to define the difference so I kinda get it when my TV goes off in a random direction because I haven’t given it instructions it understands
Sadly, I can quote you my 'Designing & Programming AI systems' study book from 30 years ago which was about logic decision trees, Prolog, lists.

It's (AI) changed out of all recognition since then. The Cloud, fast Internet and remote processing power, plus LLM (large language models), large datasets and generative AI) have changed the AI landscape completely.

Voice recognition and comprehension is all part of this. So when it opens YouTube instead of a TV programme or channel, the context is everything.

I still like Spielberg/ Kubrick's A.I. film which is getting more realistic by the day! 😄 🧠

To compliment their German unfortunately named perfume range…Launching a new tea from Munich this evening..

. IMG_3385.jpeg

Sadly, I can quote you my 'Designing & Programming AI systems' study book from 30 years ago which was about logic decision trees, Prolog, lists.

It's (AI) changed out of all recognition since then. The Cloud, fast Internet and remote processing power, plus LLM (large language models), large datasets and generative AI) have changed the AI landscape completely.

Voice recognition and comprehension is all part of this. So when it opens YouTube instead of a TV programme or channel, the context is everything.

I still like Spielberg/ Kubrick's A.I. film which is getting more realistic by the day! 😄 🧠
I was at the time doing a phycology degree and having left school at fifteen with NO qualifications needed two foundation couses. I did one but needed another and twas the year the OU were offering a free compter to any students who sighed up to their technology foundation couse.
They lied and said you didn’t need maths to complete the course, I know because I looked at the two pages of a Six page exam i managed to pass by the skin of my teeth

For clarity none of my posts will probably make much sense
I’m possibly currently in la la land.
Lots of what’s in my head right now is past history
I’ve just sent my 17 year old dog over the rainbow bridge which i knew would happen soon and I thought I was prepared for has hit me harder than expected. She wasn’t my dog, she tolerated me but she was at heart my husband

try reading Asimov and get really scared. Then there is simple stuff like watching Star Trek way back and thinking no way would someone be able to connect to a device miles away without a wire

try reading Asimov and get really scared. Then there is simple stuff like watching Star Trek way back and thinking no way would someone be able to connect to a device miles away without a wire
Yeah, I've read all the Foundation Asimov series and much of his stuff.

Yep, Star Trek has predicted quite a few things. The tablet, WiFi, mobile communicators, medical advances, etc.

Love my 'hard' sci-fi, space, science, rather than the fantasy elves, goblins, dragons and superhero stuff.

Yeah, I've read all the Foundation Asimov series and much of his stuff.

Yep, Star Trek has predicted quite a few things. The tablet, WiFi, mobile communicators, medical advances, etc.

Love my 'hard' sci-fi, space, science, rather than the fantasy elves, goblins, dragons and superhero stuff.
ST:V is on Freeview at the moment.

I've read most of Asimov, lots of other SF, but don't like fantasy.

Is the speech recognition and voice synthesis for Alexa done in the device or in the cloud?

Latest posts

Back