Red Carpet Gel nail system - how are you getting on? I think I wish I had bought it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And look who's jumping on the bandwagon

http://community.qvc.com/blogs/Mally/topic/317245/bulletproof-nails-mally-247-professional-gel-nail-polish-tsv.aspx?cm_re=PROMOTIONS-_-BeautyTSVPreview-2-20120824-_-FEATURE}&metaeSpot=BeautyTSVPreview|BeautyTSVPreview

if the price of mallys primer is anything to go by only god knows what this mally nail system will be..

I like the nail polish colours in Mally's set but not the pink UV lamp and by the look of it, it has a raised platform which would mean that I could not rest my wrists on the table whilst I am waiting for the polish to cure. Will try and watch online though on Saturday to see what the 3 tricks that she has up her sleeve are.

Previousy Mally had to fly to a crater on Mars for some pigments then mix it with a special adhesive she could only get in the Mojave desert and add some crushed Tanzanite from a depleted mine. Six times. Now this makes it all so much easier;-)

Maybe she bumped into Kathy 'Dick van Dyke' Prai on Mars. In fact, she's on right now. Amazing accent! And what a load of rubbish. Bought it once and my skin reacted really badly.

the mally colours are nicer than the qvcuk tsv. i really want to buy a ststem like this but i love all my lieghton denny,opi and nails inc colours better

I have ordered the Red carpet to try as OPI & Leighton denny polishes just don't stay on my nails. They only last a few hours before they chip and peel so i am going to give this a try.

the mally colours are nicer than the qvcuk tsv. i really want to buy a ststem like this but i love all my lieghton denny,opi and nails inc colours better

As I said earlier in this thread - you are supposed to be able to use any varnish with it. Have a google search or look on you tube - there are instructions, although I haven't actually tried it yet.

You put the base and top coat on and cure them. Then you can put any varnish as long as you let it dry completely first. Then put another top coat on and cure it. The reason you put the base and topcoat on first is so if you make a mess with your varnish you can remove it with non-acetone remover and it won't budge the base.

I might give it a try next time I need to change mine. Will let you know when I have tried it. I have loads of LD and Nails Inc I want to use as I like Taupe colours and the gel ones don't have many nice colours like this.

Gel varnish was a bit chipped on dominant hand after 8 days using the 'Red Carpet Reddy' colour - perhaps I applied it too thin (not been a problem before) and I covered it with a Nails Inc colour which has extended my manicure for another 2 days until I'm ready to change the colour tonight.

The other colours I ordered from QVC arrived today. Wanted to try the bluesy colour tonight, but on undoing the bottle, there is no brush! Back it goes....sigh.:thinking::headbang::headbang:

This was interesting - I have the Jessica Geleration system that I bought before this came on QVC - it's fantastic - I don't scuff my nails (no point) - my last application lasted 3 weeks and I had to remove it cos of nail growth.

Anyway - my reason for posting is this - if you want new colours, look around, they can all pretty much be used interchangeably - my fave Jessica one is Nutter Butter - pinky taupe with a shimmer.

Just done my first manicure in the Taupe colour. Will see how long it lasts as usually nails only last a day before chipping. Debenhams are stocking the polishes if anyone is interested.

Please let us know how you get on, i ordered this and mine arrived yesterday, great delivery as i only ordered it on sunday.Have not had chance to try it yet, was thinking of having a go before i go away for a week on sunday, but not sure if i want to go abroad for a week without all the bits that come with the set and then find it chip and look grotty, i must admit i was sold it by the great reviews on Q
Ta

Please let us know how you get on, i ordered this and mine arrived yesterday, great delivery as i only ordered it on sunday.Have not had chance to try it yet, was thinking of having a go before i go away for a week on sunday, but not sure if i want to go abroad for a week without all the bits that come with the set and then find it chip and look grotty, i must admit i was sold it by the great reviews on Q
Ta

One tip I would say for using for your first time - try to forget everything you ever learned about painting nails. You have as long as you want to get the surface PERFECT before putting under the lamp to cure.

This took me a couple of goes to get my head around as normally over brushing messes it up - so you have to be quick and do very few brush strokes. With the RCM you can do it slowly - making sure you tidy up the edges etc and making it look perfect before curing. Thin coats are better and you can dab the brush onto each nail first to spread the product evenly between all then go back and brush it on.

I also found it was easier to do the complete process on four fingers on the left hand, the completely do the right hand, then do the thumbs. As this way you only had one hand to be worried about at a time. But I am sure we all have found the best way for us.

I am going to do mine the day before I go away abroad in a couple of weeks as I have had no problems with chipping at all. They look as good after 10-14 days as they did on day one. Although I have only used the paler colours as I am not a 'red' varnish girl. I bought 3 new colours off the RCM website - pale pinks and taupe-ish.

Good luck with it - I am sure you will love it as much as I do. It is one of my best ever QVC purchases.

It was so easy to do and loved the brushes in bottles to apply thin coats, very firm. Did my four fingers on each hand then thumbs. Will do my toes later today.

I had nutter butter when I had my nails done
in the salon. It is gorgeous. Where did you buy it?

I got my Gelerations starter kit and colours from beverly beaute online (although they're not relly cheap anymore), my lamp was from amazon.com (through marketplace - only cost me about $5 shipping and it had no problem with customs)

Latest posts

Back