Red Carpet Gel nail system - how are you getting on? I think I wish I had bought it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got my Gelerations starter kit and colours from beverly beaute online (although they're not relly cheap anymore), my lamp was from amazon.com (through marketplace - only cost me about $5 shipping and it had no problem with customs)
You can buy extra Redcarpet gel nail varnishes from redcarpetmanicure.co.uk and they have free delivery.

I've just received some gel basecoat and gel topcoat from China will let you know how it compares in quality with the redcarpet gel coats.

Did nails thursday and two fingers on left hand are starting to peel away, think this is to do more with my nails which peel. I will do again on thursday with thinner layers and try again.

Just received 'camera shy' and what I hope is their equivalent of 'nutter butter' - 'shimmery silhouette'. I will have a go tonight. Only ordered yesterday and here by lunch.

Did nails thursday and two fingers on left hand are starting to peel away, think this is to do more with my nails which peel. I will do again on thursday with thinner layers and try again.

You could just redo the 2 peeling nails if it will only have been 8 days but I find I only get 12 days. Not sure if it is because I'm a bit heavy on the nails as I tend my allotment albeit with gardening gloves on and I'm on a laptop all day. When I think about it - the redcarpet is lasting really well.

Are you sealing the leading edge?

I have a nail where the side edge peels and I have noticed that I lose a tiny bit of the gel nail polish after a few days. Once the gel has gone I have been covering the corner with nail envy to stop it chipping off any further.

Regardless of any minor problems I just love the fact that I can do it at home. I am thinking of getting some UV protection mitts though as I'm not sure I like the UV exposure. Seen them on Amazon.com

I bought the Boots - Sensationail Taupe Tulips colour in store and tried that this week. It is a lovely colour for all you ladies who like your 'Porchester Square' type colours like me. It wasnt cheap £15 but is a nice colour. It did say you should cure for 60 seconds and the RCM lamp only does 45 seconds but I just did the 45 seconds and it was fine.

I find that the thinner you can put it on the better as there is less chance of chipping and also if you apply it a bit thicker it tends to run over the edges and cuticles then doesn't look good when you have cured it. You cannot see it till after you have cured it - especially the top coat.

I am still loving mine - glad I purchased. If any of you find other 'taupe' colours out there please let me know as I love these type of colours.

I am sending my set back, my nails still peel after a couple of days and i can't be bothered with all the faffing about when you want to remove it. I know i am in the minority but it is just not for me.

Miss Molly are you putting your base right over the edge of the nail?

Yes Jabba i try too but my problem is i have a few short nails. My nails peel anyway so i don't think it is the system but its too much to have to redo them every couple of days and a few chips ruins the look.
My toes lasted two weeks.

I did hands and feet before coming to Rhodes on holiday and they are lasting and the gel seems to protect my finger nails as I have been in the pool and in the sea everyday.. This is the first time ever I have had decent nails on holiday.

Last edited:
I had my nails manicured and some "chip free" nail varnish put on while I was in the USA . That was on the 23rd August and I have still got it on, chip free but grown out. I will have to remove it in a day or two, otherwise it will (it is now) look silly. The varnish has stayed lovely and shiny and of course chip free. I might see if I can fill in the out grown area but somehow I think it will not work:giggle:
Why have I kept them on? I have kept them on because the varnish has stopped my nails from cracking or breaking, the longest time I have known for a very long time.

Hi there, just wondered if anyone knew if there was going to be a Red Manicure TSV again before Christmas ? I had my nails done just before my holidays and they are fab. I quite like the idea of having a go myself especially after reading all of the positive reviews.
Thanks

They have got a system on Argos Tv today called Havoc for about £75 . The polishes are themselves are in a nail pen and they have 3 different sets of colours also available.

I'm half way through the erasor bottle. Planning to buy some 100% acetone rather than the removal kit. Should I just buy it from ebay? Can anyone suggest a supplier?
My last manicure lasted 18 days - was away on holiday and then no time to do it when I got home. The regrowth was quite obvious though as I'd been in a hot country and they had grown alot.

I just use nail varnish remover with acetone in it. Bought some finger bowls for manicures off ebay for a couple of quid, buff the shiny surface off a little and soak them for about 15 mins. It then just peels off - none of the faffing about with the foil and wrapping etc. I pour the remaining liquid back into the bottle after so it actually uses very little.

Question re red carpet ..... if you use normal polish over the Red Carpet base do you then use the Red carpet top coat and cure it or do you use a normal top coat and not cure it?.... pretty please and thanks.
I am on my second manicure and loving it... first one lasted 12 days so very pleased with it.
Today thought I would try some Leighton Denny over the plum colour but not sure about the top coat hence my question.
I would recommend this system to anyone.
Love Cynthia x

I would use normal top coat if you paint normal polish over the top

Question re red carpet ..... if you use normal polish over the Red Carpet base do you then use the Red carpet top coat and cure it or do you use a normal top coat and not cure it?.... pretty please and thanks.
I am on my second manicure and loving it... first one lasted 12 days so very pleased with it.
Today thought I would try some Leighton Denny over the plum colour but not sure about the top coat hence my question.
I would recommend this system to anyone.
Love Cynthia x
I do as Sazza said and the manicure lasts 5-6 days, then, when I remove polish with ACETONE remover, base coat stays intact and I reapply normal polish.

I do as Sazza said and the manicure lasts 5-6 days, then, when I remove polish with ACETONE remover, base coat stays intact and I reapply normal polish.

Shouldn't it be non-acetone remover you use to remove the normal polish on top?

Shouldn't it be non-acetone remover you use to remove the normal polish on top?
Yes Sazza, that's what they stress, but I was trying to make a point that I used pure acetone from nail shop and the base coat stayed put and can be left as clear polish shiny coat.

Latest posts

Back