shall I be the first ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hardly ever watch female presenters as they don't usually do the shows I watch(ed), I don't even know what JR stands for.

But I had a look to see what all the fuss was about, and I think she looks very attractive.

Even the tiara is relevant on the jubilee bank holiday, there were 100's of people wearing them in Prince Charles' film last night, why should you have to be born "blue blooded" to wear one? I will be wearing my QVC State Crown when I buy it later this year.:cheeky:

But I agree the jewellery is tat.

In her defence she did say that Simon insisted that she wore it. As for the TSV, just looked like a naff bit of tat to me - like so much of Miss Wilson's offerings these days :cheeky:

I used to like the look of some B&W pieces which could be considered modern classic by some fans, but the new ranges just look tacky, gaudy and cheap.

I agree with you, Erics Mum, I have quite a few B&W pieces and only bought over the last 2 1/2 years or so but I've noticed that more recently it has gone downhill and looks as you say: tacky, gaudy and cheap. Nothing has tempted me from this range for ages now!

Own up. Who has bought the really tasteful crown ring featured on the 11am hour this morning? SW has really surpassed himself in the tat stakes with this one.

Own up. Who has bought the really tasteful crown ring featured on the 11am hour this morning? SW has really surpassed himself in the tat stakes with this one.

Not guilty! Did it sell out?

There was a time you couldn't prise me away when B&W was on, now I don't even bother to check the web to see what I've missed.....

I loved the full faceted flower necklace tsv, and now have one in champagne and one in black - they look great worn alone as a statement piece (I noticed our local newsreader wearing the champagne the other day).

I like JR, she is such a professional, I'd miss her if she wasn't on anymore and I think it's all just a bit of fun with the tiara.

I loved the full faceted flower necklace tsv, and now have one in champagne and one in black - they look great worn alone as a statement piece (I noticed our local newsreader wearing the champagne the other day).

I like JR, she is such a professional, I'd miss her if she wasn't on anymore and I think it's all just a bit of fun with the tiara.

Hen you took the words right out of my mouth (breaks into Meatloaf stylee!!) I was just reading through this thread and came upon the video link that someone posted (thanks!) and I took it all to be tongue in cheek. I would have worn it, not because I think I am anything special, but because it's a bit of fun, it's Jubilee weekend, and because Simon Wilson is her friend. I see nothing wrong with her wearing it all. It's less stupid than the presenters 'quacking' :grin:

I have the B&W heart shaped Union Jack ring to wear this weekend. It's garish but it's what I want for this weekend. Bought it off eBay though.

Didn't see Julia in the tiara but surely it's just a bit of fun?! It is jubilee weekend and she was wearing it on the B&W show. If she's wearing it other shows it might be different.

Hen you took the words right out of my mouth (breaks into Meatloaf stylee!!)

Well it can't have been while you were kissing me!! LOL

I too would have worn the tiara for a giggle and shall probably be wearing a crown on Tuesday when we have a big family Jubilee barbeque/party, we're all cooking something to bring and I am really looking forward to it!!

It may well be just a bit of fun, but the smug look on JR's face as he put it on showed how she loves herself. I did love Alisons retort and think it was meant by the look on her face.

A Jubilee Marathon?

And to cap it all we have three consecutive hours this afternoon of B&W 'joolery'.....help!
Whose bright idea was that? And accompanied by - according to the QVC guide - Chuntley

Wonder if JR will be wearing the Tiara in tonight's 7pm show? :happy:

In her defence she did say that Simon insisted that she wore it. As for the TSV, just looked like a naff bit of tat to me - like so much of Miss Wilson's offerings these days :cheeky:

I heard HRH say that Simon asked her if he brought the Tiara in would she wear it, and her answer was you try to stop me!
Imo Julia will do anything for attention, she obviously didn't know how very silly she looked...

Every time Ive had the misfortune to see JR recently shes been rabbiting on about how shes been there 19 years. Yes love we can tell by looking at you how long its been. Bet she reckon QVCs success is all down to her alone. Shes like the real Queen-never going to step down.

I am now of the opinion that B & W produce stuff specifically for qvc, - like shops who buy in goods for their sales; because the clientelle who grace his shops (I've been and seen 'em) would'nt buy the tat he tries to offload on the tele. So all this "you can only get it here at qvc as it not even in my shops" is true, because he knows it wouldn't sell.

Every time Ive had the misfortune to see JR recently shes been rabbiting on about how shes been there 19 years. Yes love we can tell by looking at you how long its been. Bet she reckon QVCs success is all down to her alone. Shes like the real Queen-never going to step down.

Julian has been there since the beginning too but you don't hear him banging on about it all the time the way she does!!!

I am now of the opinion that B & W produce stuff specifically for qvc, - like shops who buy in goods for their sales; because the clientelle who grace his shops (I've been and seen 'em) would'nt buy the tat he tries to offload on the tele. So all this "you can only get it here at qvc as it not even in my shops" is true, because he knows it wouldn't sell.

And where is all this made, I wonder?
Just seen this brand included in the 'Best of British' ad....including Lulu Guiness etc.

Best of British...........made in China! :mysmilie_845:

I watched a bit of the tsv launch this morning and HRH said that she will be doing the last show where they are now and will put the light out for the last time, bless her, she is so important...

I have often seen the likes of Debbie G pictured privately with Ali Keenan and Kathy, and other presenters getting together. Anyone heard of HRH being particularly pally with a work colleague ? I haven't.

Latest posts

Back