Shay & Blue TSV 3/11/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got chocolate footballs on mine… 🤷‍♀️
That’s interesting. I assumed everyone got the same because by early afternoon here, all the Fragrance Society hand creams had gone. They definitely had a few dozen a couple of days ago because I remember noticing that some of the tubes looked to have been tested as they were all screwed up (metal tubes like L’Occitane). Even those had gone - or maybe the squeezed ones were removed by staff when the sellable ones went. I think we get about 10 days to collect our freebies so hopefully they will re-stock.

Maybe you’ll get the free hand cream later? I wouldn’t mind the choc you got but I won’t be so happy if it’s just offers on things I don’t eat/use most days.

Mine was a bag of Jazz apples the other day. Got to pick up a free hand cream if I remember tomorrow. I usually ignore unless free bar of chocolate or actually forget about the offer.

That’s interesting. I assumed everyone got the same because by early afternoon here, all the Fragrance Society hand creams had gone. They definitely had a few dozen a couple of days ago because I remember noticing that some of the tubes looked to have been tested as they were all screwed up (metal tubes like L’Occitane). Even those had gone - or maybe the squeezed ones were removed by staff when the sellable ones went. I think we get about 10 days to collect our freebies so hopefully they will re-stock.

Maybe you’ll get the free hand cream later? I wouldn’t mind the choc you got but I won’t be so happy if it’s just offers on things I don’t eat/use most days.

Was the hand cream on the advent calendar thing or just a general app-offer? Maybe we’re looking in two different places… 🤣

Mine was a bag of Jazz apples the other day. Got to pick up a free hand cream if I remember tomorrow. I usually ignore unless free bar of chocolate or actually forget about the offer.
I had a free M&S Jazz apples offer a few months ago. I’d never tried them before and really liked them. Mind you, not sure I’d buy them as aren’t they £3 for a pack of 4?

Was the hand cream on the advent calendar thing or just a general app-offer? Maybe we’re looking in two different places… 🤣
It was definitely Day 1 of the Advent calendar thing. Day 2 was 15% off mixed shape crisps/snacks (like lipstickqueen?), Day 3 is, weirdly, 32% off “exclusive Tonies bundle” whatever that is (toys??). So it looks like the hand cream is probably going to be the best of the bunch … if they get them in so I can grab one!

I got a gold tea lantern too! Yesterday 15% off crisps, and those toys things whatever they are was my today's offer. I was chatting to an assistant in there today and on day one alot of folk got bottles of gin!! Exciting times😅😅!!

I got a gold tea lantern too! Yesterday 15% off crisps, and those toys things whatever they are was my today's offer. I was chatting to an assistant in there today and on day one alot of folk got bottles of gin!! Exciting times😅😅!!
Free gin, you say?? I wonder if there are only 12 items and we will all get the same but in a different order to spread demand. It doesn’t bode well for my hand cream because that was my Day 1 and they didn’t have any left in-store early in the day, nor have they had them any day since. So as even more people get that offer, every time stock arrives, it will disappear again 😫

I had a free M&S Jazz apples offer a few months ago. I’d never tried them before and really liked them. Mind you, not sure I’d buy them as aren’t they £3 for a pack of 4?

It was definitely Day 1 of the Advent calendar thing. Day 2 was 15% off mixed shape crisps/snacks (like lipstickqueen?), Day 3 is, weirdly, 32% off “exclusive Tonies bundle” whatever that is (toys??). So it looks like the hand cream is probably going to be the best of the bunch … if they get them in so I can grab one!
Jazz apples are pricier bc Jazz is a trademark (like Pink Lady!) but it’s basically a cross between Gala and Braeburn from memory...
[Sorry am a complete apple - and pear! - geek..!]

I can’t afford to grocery shop much anything at M&S but just checked and Jazz are £2.30 for 6 at Tesco though I can’t attest to the quality...

Made me smile reading about the advent calendar.

I no longer seem to get ANY Sparks offers despite followjmf advice on her and Marks.

But - after having to update app to make it work - I have got it!

Day one I got pack of free mince pies! (Alas I have coeliacs and housebound. Have complained before that I can’t use all of these in store only offers but they didn’t care!)
Day two 15% off mixers (drinks) and day three the same Tonies toy thingy!

[Hot off the press: day four is 20% off Christmas decorations!]

Thanks to whoever recommended the Provenance range, think I will try it for carer’s xmas gifts?

Incidentally there’s 20% off Nuxe at M&S if anyone’s interested!

[Sorry this is long/mixed up but know my separate posts will all get amalgamated anyway! 😉😕]

Jazz apples are pricier bc Jazz is a trademark (like Pink Lady!) but it’s basically a cross between Gala and Braeburn from memory...
[Sorry am a complete apple - and pear! - geek..!]

I can’t afford to grocery shop much anything at M&S but just checked and Jazz are £2.30 for 6 at Tesco though I can’t attest to the quality...

Made me smile reading about the advent calendar.

I no longer seem to get ANY Sparks offers despite followjmf advice on her and Marks.

But - after having to update app to make it work - I have got it!

Day one I got pack of free mince pies! (Alas I have coeliacs and housebound. Have complained before that I can’t use all of these in store only offers but they didn’t care!)
Day two 15% off mixers (drinks) and day three the same Tonies toy thingy!

[Hot off the press: day four is 20% off Christmas decorations!]

Thanks to whoever recommended the Provenance range, think I will try it for carer’s xmas gifts?

Incidentally there’s 20% off Nuxe at M&S if anyone’s interested!

[Sorry this is long/mixed up but know my separate posts will all get amalgamated anyway! 😉😕]
Ah! I just know the name Jazz no idea what the apples were. I admit I only eat Russets, they have a very short span. Arriving in October to early December. An old English apple which my mum used to buy around Halloween when I was young, I called them Jack Russells. I stalk the local fruit shop waiting for them to arrive each year. The supermarkets apart from M&S just don't seem to do them.

I’m pleased you now have the Sparks app working, TLL. I hope you get some better offers - they are a bit random and not well tailored by any means. Also, thanks for the info on Jazz apples. I love my apples, too. I keep chopping and changing which are my favourites but my “staples” are Braeburns. I do like russets which Donna mentioned - I had forgotten about those. Haven’t seen any for years, probably because they are more seasonal then (which I hadn’t appreciated)?

Re the M&S Provenance range, I missed the deal recommended on here the other week (was it Black Friday?) but an assistant in my store yesterday suggested I check around the Xmas gifts section for Fragrance Society items (I was asking about the free Sparks Fragrance Soc hand cream … or lack of). And I found a shelf of Provenance there - all now 30% off. I bought a 75ml Provenance hand cream in British Seaweed, which was the only option, reduced from £4 to £2.80. I still want my freebie though!

I’m pleased you now have the Sparks app working, TLL. I hope you get some better offers - they are a bit random and not well tailored by any means. Also, thanks for the info on Jazz apples. I love my apples, too. I keep chopping and changing which are my favourites but my “staples” are Braeburns. I do like russets which Donna mentioned - I had forgotten about those. Haven’t seen any for years, probably because they are more seasonal then (which I hadn’t appreciated)?

Re the M&S Provenance range, I missed the deal recommended on here the other week (was it Black Friday?) but an assistant in my store yesterday suggested I check around the Xmas gifts section for Fragrance Society items (I was asking about the free Sparks Fragrance Soc hand cream … or lack of). And I found a shelf of Provenance there - all now 30% off. I bought a 75ml Provenance hand cream in British Seaweed, which was the only option, reduced from £4 to £2.80. I still want my freebie though!
I have to call in M&S in the next day or two to pick up a click and collect order so I’ll be having a look. 👍🏽

I have to call in M&S in the next day or two to pick up a click and collect order so I’ll be having a look. 👍🏽
Have you had the hand cream in the Advent deals now, amn? Let me know if you spot any. I have a store across the road and walk through most days anyway so I’m able to keep checking. I might go up to the huge store on a retail park a few miles away during the week so I’ll be checking there, too - not holding out much hope, however.

Have you had the hand cream in the Advent deals now, amn? Let me know if you spot any. I have a store across the road and walk through most days anyway so I’m able to keep checking. I might go up to the huge store on a retail park a few miles away during the week so I’ll be checking there, too - not holding out much hope, however.
No I haven’t. ☹️ I haven’t had a bottle of gin either and a load of people on Facebook have been bragging about getting one of those. Most exciting thing so far was the chocolate footballs - all the rest have been discount vouchers off things I wouldn’t be buying anyway. Really quite disappointing. M&S clearly hate me. 😠

No I haven’t. ☹️ I haven’t had a bottle of gin either and a load of people on Facebook have been bragging about getting one of those. Most exciting thing so far was the chocolate footballs - all the rest have been discount vouchers off things I wouldn’t be buying anyway. Really quite disappointing. M&S clearly hate me. 😠
I’m beginning to think they hate me, too, but I don’t know why as I’ve spent an absolute fortune in there this year. It’s disappointing - they had a similar period of daily Sparks deals back in March and there were some crackers as I recall.

An assistant yesterday pointed me to a trolley by one of the tills where they had two tubes of the Fragrance Society hand creams I’m supposed to get one of free. I have no idea why they moved them there and now wonder if they’ve been there since the offer started, which would be galling as I have asked before. Of course, they are the only option I dislike (orange & bergamot) so I thought I would leave them for someone else! How kind of me!

My offer today is discounts up to 29% off Samsung products. Eh???

I’m beginning to think they hate me, too, but I don’t know why as I’ve spent an absolute fortune in there this year. It’s disappointing - they had a similar period of daily Sparks deals back in March and there were some crackers as I recall.

An assistant yesterday pointed me to a trolley by one of the tills where they had two tubes of the Fragrance Society hand creams I’m supposed to get one of free. I have no idea why they moved them there and now wonder if they’ve been there since the offer started, which would be galling as I have asked before. Of course, they are the only option I dislike (orange & bergamot) so I thought I would leave them for someone else! How kind of me!

My offer today is discounts up to 29% off Samsung products. Eh???
I’ve got a Samsung discount today too. Yawn. Yesterday was £1 off a tin of shortbread, day before was 20% of kitchenware and the day before that it was some toy thing, 2nd was 15% off cream liqueurs and the 1st was the chocolate footballs. 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back