Skagen TSV Monday 30/7

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the black!! Tried to order it online but page said it was "sold out". It probably isn't, just pulled until midnight. I was wondering what the silvertone with gold was like? I wear 18ct gold wedding and engagement rings and sent a watch back to Q recently because the gold tone was too yellow (despite the description saying 18ct colour). What's the gold tone like on Skagen watches?

Are Skagen watches on the small side? I would love to get my big sister one of these as a thank you pressie but she has thicker wrists like me.

i love the Skagen i had a couple of years ago but the strap has gone all discoloured, i must have got some pefume or bodylotion on it, it is a rose gold mesh strap, I dont like wearing it now as it just does look not right, i wonder if i can send it to Skagen and have it "re-sprayed" or something like that, obviously at my own expense, i will have to see if they do things like that.
i like the look of the TSV and it is quite a good price, thanks for info x
My Husband recently broke his strap it was brown mesh although it had never discoloured. I emailed Skagen in Denmark and they quoted £34 for a new strap including p and p. We got it back five weeks later with a letter of apology saying the company have recently been taken over by fossil and because of the delay there would be no charge. I thought the price was reasonable and would have been happy to pay.I'm not sure how you feel but it might be an option

If the silver didn't have a gold face then I probably would have gone for it!!!

That's precisely the reason I did go for it Sazz as I have one white gold arm and one yellow gold (i.e w/g on left wrist, yellow gold on right) so this watch will suit both.

That makes sense Sue, the silver is lovely but I just know if I bought it I would end up wishing I bought a silver only one...........I will get one, one day!!!

My Husband recently broke his strap it was brown mesh although it had never discoloured. I emailed Skagen in Denmark and they quoted £34 for a new strap including p and p. We got it back five weeks later with a letter of apology saying the company have recently been taken over by fossil and because of the delay there would be no charge. I thought the price was reasonable and would have been happy to pay.I'm not sure how you feel but it might be an option

Yet another company bites the dust! Will the Skagen name eventually disappear I wonder?

Are Skagen watches on the small side? I would love to get my big sister one of these as a thank you pressie but she has thicker wrists like me.

The mesh straps are adjustable (at home) so will fit a small - large wrist. Go for it, your sister wil love it :up:

I love the black!! Tried to order it online but page said it was "sold out". It probably isn't, just pulled until midnight. I was wondering what the silvertone with gold was like? I wear 18ct gold wedding and engagement rings and sent a watch back to Q recently because the gold tone was too yellow (despite the description saying 18ct colour). What's the gold tone like on Skagen watches?

I love the gold tone Skagen watch, goes well with 18ct and 22ct gold. HTH.

I have just ordered the black magic option, not that I need any more skagen but love them :heart:

Why are the skagen TSV's never on easy pay.....I probably like every TSV they bring but its never on easypay,which normally swings it for me.

I love the charcoal,the silver would go great with all my jewellery but passing on it all...can't afford it this month :doh:

I'd love a rose gold watch. My Cavalli rose gold watch is showing distinct signs of wear. I did try a Skagen watch but the catch was a ruddy nightmare. It must have been faulty but the real kicker was that I'd only worn it twice and there was already a small scratch on the face.

Really fancy a Skagen watch, they look beautiful. However, have heard stories that It's difficult to find a jeweller to fit the batteries as they say they are afraid of damaging the watch. Tried phoning Skagen customer services in Uk (now Fossil) but I could only leave a message and they did not phone back. Any advice would be very welcome please.

Really fancy a Skagen watch, they look beautiful. However, have heard stories that It's difficult to find a jeweller to fit the batteries as they say they are afraid of damaging the watch. Tried phoning Skagen customer services in Uk (now Fossil) but I could only leave a message and they did not phone back. Any advice would be very welcome please.

My local watch repairer has no problem fitting batteries, he does take 30 minutes though as he has to use machine to open and close the case. HTH!

I'm really surprised to hear they are owned by Fossil.....I'd never want or buy a fossil watch...think it would be quite important for QVc to mention this??

I think it more surprising that the company is US based and always has been. The founders are Danish but they live and work in the bliddy US. I've always thought their image was a bit smoke and mirrors.

I'd love a rose gold watch. My Cavalli rose gold watch is showing distinct signs of wear. I did try a Skagen watch but the catch was a ruddy nightmare. It must have been faulty but the real kicker was that I'd only worn it twice and there was already a small scratch on the face.

Well that's put me off them straightaway then Tinkerbelle - I was half considering one for eldest DD but she is (very nearly!) as clumsy & heavy-handed as I am so that would be a definite no-no if the face marks that easily! I wear an Omega myself for this very reason & it has survived everything I (& the horses!) have chucked at it, scaped along on smacked against walls etc. & not a mark on it to its credit!

(Is a bit grubby though as I never take it off & I was a bit mortified one hot day to realise my wrist had gone black, presumably all the sweated out grime that was trapped in the links! Eww! OK, that was a bit gross....sowwy! I scrubbed it with a babywipe & it was fine after that....I do get it cleaned regularly though, honest! lol) :sweat: :blush: :grin:

Latest posts

Back