Smashbox tsv on sunday the 28th of september

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am going to get this as I have resisted the LG and I want to try the Halo.

Can someone tell me what colour I will need for the halo?
I have fair skin with freckles

A friend asked me to get Halo in USA for her last week. Went into Sephora and couldn't see it, so I asked and was told by the Smashbox make-up artist (camp as a row of tents, bless) that it was discontinued a few months ago.

I am not sure if I will bother with this TSV. It is going to be more expensive compared to previous TSV's. Also with Halo discontinued, I don't want to fall in love with it and then find I can't get it again so might be safer to give the TSV a miss.

I will definitely be going for it as I am desperate to try the Halo powder.:woohoo

Bluebell you would need the Fair. :1:

Thanks BJ, I thought Fair would be it but wasnt sure about Light and what the difference would be.
I am definately going for this one as I want to try the Halo, can always send it back if I dont like it :D
DD is starting to pinch my make up so my stocks will soon get used up :D

A friend asked me to get Halo in USA for her last week. Went into Sephora and couldn't see it, so I asked and was told by the Smashbox make-up artist (camp as a row of tents, bless) that it was discontinued a few months ago.

That's curious... I've been looking at the description of the TSV on the QVC US site & that says that the halo powder is exclusive to them until Dec. '08. (I'm assuming that they mean exclusive to them in America as I know that you're supposed to be able to get it in Dublin.)

It's possible the guy in Sephora couldn't order it so assumed it was discontinued. It's also possible that QVC US have got it wrong! I don't know which...:confused:

Thanks BJ, I thought Fair would be it but wasnt sure about Light and what the difference would be.
I am definately going for this one as I want to try the Halo, can always send it back if I dont like it :D
DD is starting to pinch my make up so my stocks will soon get used up :D

The Fair is lighter than the Light BB, the light is more golden from what I can gather.

Halo is not discontinued, infact it only came out in December last year exclusive to QVC. The original loose powder is discontinued. I believe that is what the sa meant. SAs are famous for telling people things are discontinued, when they actually mean no we don't sell it here.

Halo is on counter in the House of Fraser Belfast, infact they only got their stock in August. So yes it should be in Dublin no problem, Belfast has the same distributor.

Halo has a built in luminous which gives a soft golden light with all shades. They are all neutral/yellow based with no pink.

I don't own it, as using T.Clerc Banane loose powder, but wanted to know which shade would suit me since knew we where getting in the TSV. At the Smashbox event in Belfast where Jabba,Tootsie,AthenaNI and I attended. Everyone was Light but me who was Fair. In the container Fair looked really pale and Light really deep beside it.

Idea in other brands.
BB Warm Ivory
Prescriptives Y/O Cream
Smashbox FX O:11: They never have it in stock on counter but Daniel said I was.
Mac C20
Chanel Clair 20 in the Innocent which is actually lighter that the other Clair in the rest of the line.

I have what is described as peaches and cream skin by a sa.:54:
In everyday speak, I am fair but with a hint of warmth in the undertones.

Thanks Donna, that was really helpful!:) "Discontinued" did sound wrong to me, but it's good to know for definite.

Not sure if this is the TSV but I found this kit on QActive - 226154 - Smashbox - The Past, Present & Future of Beauty - £45.76 + £4.45.

Currently says contact CS on the website, so it might be.

Thanks Tabatha :clap:

Wonder if this TSV will be on Easy Pay, being that it is a more expensive Smashbox TSV than usual.

Im CERTAIN that this is the number for the TSV, if you go to QVC Mobile type in the number and select Place Order the next screen offers a choice of Fair, Light, Medium and Dark , in keeping with the Halo powder options :jump: the price is showing as £45.76 with a p+p of £4.45p

£45.76 is divisible so maybe an easypay opportunity :?:

Am not going for it now am trying not to buy any make-up till i go to Florida next year so i can buy loads :)
Saying that i have just ordered the YSL mascara you all rave about but i need a new mascara lol
Thanks To Jabba i carnt stop looking at scrapbooking stuff lol

Donna explained earlier in the thread that the higher price is due to the halo being included, as this is quite pricy on its own already. Fair enough, though I'm beginning to think that I might give this a miss, it seems too much to splash out on stuff I don't really need...

Would love this but with all the other TSv's around the same time and having to give up work for a while I will have to think carefully about it. Hopefully it will be on easy pay which would certainly make it more affordable for me

I would love to try the Halo. BE Light is obviously yellow on me, and Medium Beige too pink. So am I fair or light? Please help!

Im CERTAIN that this is the number for the TSV, if you go to QVC Mobile type in the number and select Place Order the next screen offers a choice of Fair, Light, Medium and Dark , in keeping with the Halo powder options :jump: the price is showing as £45.76 with a p+p of £4.45p

£45.76 is divisible so maybe an easypay opportunity :?:

Thanks for the info :)

I'd be extremely surprised if that is the final TSV price though!!!

i just watched the video on the QVC US site and this TSV is part of an auto-delivery programme - in the US it is set up so shipping is charged only once and each new set comes with new colours...wonder if it will be the same here?

Latest posts

Back