Spanx ... get real!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The name's enough to put me off, sounds like a slutty dance troupe. I can't help but think that as I have a figure the total opposite of Renee, getting into any Spanx would be like trying to get a worm back in it's hole...
worm.gif

I agree, they should us e a plus size model. If you are slim, you wouldn't need your wobbly bits held into place now would you?

I had my Spanks on and felt my tights rolling down over them.

As they reached my knees, I reached the loo - thank heavens! They are going out and I am going to diet!

I got quite angry with the spanx show actually, and not just because they used Renee (although that did bug me). The other model they used said that she was wearing size 12 jeans when she was usually a 16 all thanks to the spanx!! Get real, I wear spanx regularly because they make my clothes look a fair bit smoother, but I have never moved so much as one dress size, let alone 2!

it bugs me about Renee as well. I wear spanx if i'm going somwhere special but like Katyd said they don't take you down even one dress.
They lift your bum right up and make it stick out which can actually make it look bigger than it is but it does definitely smooth the thighs and make tighter clothes look better.

The Slim and Lift(?) range they sell did use a larger lady alot. I have a vague idea Joy did those shows too???????

The name makes me think of the Madonna song from the 90's.

Hanky Panky (nothing like a good spanxy).:p

If you are slim, you wouldn't need your wobbly bits held into place now would you?

Whilst I agree that it would be better to show the results of these things on someone who is larger (sorry, if I'm offending anyone:p), I do have the Slim'n'lifts which I wear under certain dresses, because it gives me a better silhouette, and although I'm a size 10 and considered slim by some, I do still have some wobbly and lumpy bits which need smoothing:(

The Slim and Lift(?) range they sell did use a larger lady alot. I have a vague idea Joy did those shows too???????

I think I remember them using a larger model, did she have blonde hair and speak with a strong accent (possibly Polish?)?

i can HIGHLY recommend the hide & sleek range thoughin my size they seem to have stopped making /suppling the larger lady size .....who needs to look slim if your already a size 10-12 etc........i have the hide & sleek in 2 & 3 xl for differnent days as i have tummy troubles so cant always do with sucking in...the larger one smothes out my lumps very nicely on bad days.....also they wick moisture away in the sllek range...the only you have to wreastle into make me sweat [ should say they make me 'glow' ].....DONT try the camis as they make your boobies look like a sausage roll gone wrong even in the sleek range

the slim n lift are not good ...they sell them or TRY to sell them at the outlets & they are there week after week..........4.99 a pair........even the ones that come up to your bra line & yes JOY should do the shows

I can't wear any control knickers from any range as they just roll down :eek:

I do have a spanx suit which is really an all in one suit with a vest type top.It was a fair price from qvc - and tbh,doesn't slim me down in my opinion - just makes some of my clothes look a bit better as it gives a smooth appearance.

i don't bother watching any qvc spanx shows - I'm not so in love with mine to purchase anymore - and the shows I have watched previously,they have never given the sizing chart :confused: :(

Ideal World are much more realistic with this type of wear and always have plus size models who actually show some improvement when they put it on. I've never bought spanx etc but have got a couple of 21st Century Corestry items (from IW) and find them very good, they hold you in and make clothes look better but you wouldn't go down that much in size.

As for Renee it is totally daft having her model, she was with Claire once wearing some top and was asked do you think this would suit a larger busted lady, of course she said yes as if the reply was going to be anything else but what would she know anyway!

Latest posts

Back