Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What does tamoxiflex do, please may?
It's a hormone therapy that blocks the effects of estrogen in the breast tissue; it's given to those who've had certain breast cancers & sometimes to those who are at risk. It was originally created from yew but is now produced synthetically.

I bet he has a really tiny penis....
& an even smaller soul.

After breast cancer they gave me that at first and I was constantly boiling hot. I had to be switched to something else (the dearer one they dont give out at first!) pretty swiftly because I told them I just couldn't cope and wouldn't be doing five years of that, thank you very much. I was at a class once at the Breast Cancer Haven and all the women on tamoxifen were begging to have the windows open whilst the ones on the other stuff wanted them closed.

After breast cancer they gave me that at first and I was constantly boiling hot. I had to be switched to something else (the dearer one they dont give out at first!) pretty swiftly because I told them I just couldn't cope and wouldn't be doing five years of that, thank you very much. I was at a class once at the Breast Cancer Haven and all the women on tamoxifen were begging to have the windows open whilst the ones on the other stuff wanted them closed.
When I first started taking tamoxifen my hot flushes were exclusively my feet...they felt like they were on fire!
I did just over 5 years on it then had a second menopause after things sort of went back to normal. Normal included a 6-week period (as in monthly visitor) and having a second hysteroscopy under G.A.! So far seems to be in my rear view mirror, but still having hot flushes worst luck.

I'm at my mum's and she's asking me what I'm laughing at. Now, should I tell her . . . . . .

CC

I'm often snorting/giggling to myself while on here. OH has given up asking me what I'm laughing at these days.

Aw, I love the dog stories - well, the happy ones at any rate. The sad ones make me cry but that's life.

I'll never forget when Sammy was a pup. We'd parked and were waiting for OH. She must have smelled him coming (he has that effect on me sometimes!), and went front paws up on the dashboard. All of a sudden she let off an enormous parp that shocked us both. She turned around with such a look of confusion on her face that I was still hysterical when OH arrived a minute later.

The funniest thing is that I'm a poor sleeper so am often awake when either Sammy or OH fart themselves awake and then give ME a dirty look for waking THEM!

Good to see you on the up, Mazza. Love SB and Twi's comments on the size of his dick/soul. Definitely one to remember when you see him next. I'll add mine to say he probably drives a sports car with a big bonnet and can often be seen driving it top-down on cold spring days.

I'm not sure if you dog lovers will like this or not:

Cartoon dog mask 118766141_38041911.jpg

I mentioned I ordered some ankle boots from Clarks last week, estimated for delivery today. Well they were making really good progress on Hermes tracking until noon on Saturday when it got a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark saying my parcel was now slightly delayed but would be on the move in 24 hours. No updates since then. Now I want these so I can start to walk without using the air cast boot!!! And I have no patience. So I rang Clarks and explained, and said I know it was probably a bit early to chase but could they investigate please? But instead the woman I spoke to said she will send a replacement pair for delivery tomorrow. I have received the order confirmation. If two pairs turn up, send one back as a free return. So easy and helpful. So unlike the Q!!!!!

I mentioned I ordered some ankle boots from Clarks last week, estimated for delivery today. Well they were making really good progress on Hermes tracking until noon on Saturday when it got a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark saying my parcel was now slightly delayed but would be on the move in 24 hours. No updates since then. Now I want these so I can start to walk without using the air cast boot!!! And I have no patience. So I rang Clarks and explained, and said I know it was probably a bit early to chase but could they investigate please? But instead the woman I spoke to said she will send a replacement pair for delivery tomorrow. I have received the order confirmation. If two pairs turn up, send one back as a free return. So easy and helpful. So unlike the Q!!!!!
Clarks have always been a quality company & the only reason I've kept my account with the Q is because they sometimes have good prices for their footwear.

The Clarks brand was sold and their footwear is now mainly made in China but some are made in India, Vietnam or Brazil but none are now made in the UK.
It's a real shame & the factory they opened in Somerset a couple of years closed because it didn't meet it's targets. Big business puts profit & shareholders above evrything else & paying workers a minimum wage in a foreign country guarantees revenue. I won't buy the ones they make in China & get most of my shoes from Gabor.

I just got some Cotton Traders Trail Walking shoes with a half price code in the paper at the weekend for £21. I can get them on and they seem very sturdy! Had a little practice walk outside too. Mind you I feel very at risk without the boot, which is ironic considering how much I hate it! And actually my foot was sliding inwards more in the Clarks boots which cover the ankle and cost a lot more. They are a nicer item though. I am so tired with all this shopping! We were also measuring the shower to see what would fit where, like grab handles and a stool. Can't be bothered to source via Social Services, just ordered on Amazon Prime. Luckily my neighbour had one of those steps so I can borrow that.

I just got some Cotton Traders Trail Walking shoes with a half price code in the paper at the weekend for £21. I can get them on and they seem very sturdy! Had a little practice walk outside too. Mind you I feel very at risk without the boot, which is ironic considering how much I hate it! And actually my foot was sliding inwards more in the Clarks boots which cover the ankle and cost a lot more. They are a nicer item though. I am so tired with all this shopping! We were also measuring the shower to see what would fit where, like grab handles and a stool. Can't be bothered to source via Social Services, just ordered on Amazon Prime. Luckily my neighbour had one of those steps so I can borrow that.
You're going to feel like that at first because the boot has done it's job giving you support. However, your confidence will return along with the strength in your ankle, you'll be a new superhero - Tungsten Girl 🦸‍♀️

You're going to feel like that at first because the boot has done it's job giving you support. However, your confidence will return along with the strength in your ankle, you'll be a new superhero - Tungsten Girl 🦸‍♀️

Exactly. Get out there and use it - you'll be running around like a spring chick before long.

I have one of those suction handles in my shower and find it great. I've had it years now and it actually seems to stick harder than when it was new (a fiver in Asda). My 'step' is an aerobic step I picked up from Tesco. It's a better height and sturdier than a proper step (and about a third of the price!) Lidl often has disabled aids on offer - I bought one of their shower stools but it was too big so I bought a £3 plastic stool from Ikea. I haven't had to use the stool yet as the suction handle is enough.

Oh, and as manky as they can end up I would not be without my shower mat. I bought a 'pebble' one from Lidl but it's very uncomfortable underfoot. My favourite type is the one that looks like a fluffy rug but I have to keep re-purchasing as they lose their ****** 'teeth' and it drives me mad!

Latest posts

Back