Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ouch. I feel for you.

I've tried Orajel and it does work tremendously well but my dentist told me that like Corsodyl, it's meant for short-term use only. I've had reactions to dental anaesthesia before so have to be careful.

Isn't there anything they can give you for the long-term? I take Pregablin for nerve pain and Tramadol for other types of pain but Tramadol doesn't touch it. I've needed to increase the Pregablin every so often but it might be worth asking about.
I take Baclofen on really bad days only, tried all the others and they give me side effects I can't live with. TBH- on here I can because you're all lovely, Baclofen loosens the wrong muscles which is why I only take when needed. Pregablin is the one I haven't done yet and will possibly try when I get worse. Amitriptyline very very occsionally as well, don't like meds that mess with my head, it's messed up enough already, fuel to the flames as it were. My TN is atypical, also known as TN2, so in some ways that's easier but others not. (thanks for asking btw)

Edited to add, the docs are happy to give me pregablin but personal choice no, I reacted extremely badly to Gabapentin and they are somewhat similar.

Last edited:
I used Corsodyl for a while as a normal mouthwash and it badly stained my teeth, it cost a fortune for my dentist to clean them with a pressure washer.

I really think that it shouldn't be sold, it is a ridiculous to sell a mouthwash that causes damage. Now I use 1/2 teaspoon bicarb in a glass of water as a mouthwash, and a teaspoon of salt in a mug of water as a disinfectant. These are very cheap, unlike Corsodyl at £5 for a small bottle.
What's the science with the bicarb, Strato?

There are few dentists who post on a forum I visit they are good and giving advice but no medial if that makes sense?

Anyway, do not wet your toothbrush put toothpaste on the dry brush, do not rinse or use mouthwash. The liquid will dilute the effects of the toothpaste which needs to stay on your teeth as long as possible, just spit out any toothpaste from your mouth. I have been doing this for a long time now.

Cartoon xmas dog 131919173_101.jpg

I take Baclofen on really bad days only, tried all the others and they give me side effects I can't live with. TBH- on here I can because you're all lovely, Baclofen loosens the wrong muscles which is why I only take when needed. Pregablin is the one I haven't done yet and will possibly try when I get worse. Amitriptyline very very occsionally as well, don't like meds that mess with my head, it's messed up enough already, fuel to the flames as it were. My TN is atypical, also known as TN2, so in some ways that's easier but others not. (thanks for asking btw)

Edited to add, the docs are happy to give me pregablin but personal choice no, I reacted extremely badly to Gabapentin and they are somewhat similar.
I have taken pregablin and gabapentin in the past, not at the same time, and they both made me itch like mad, and so had to stop taking them, so I was never sure if they would have worked for me. Amitriptyline made my heart jump all the time, so stopped taking that too.

I have taken pregablin and gabapentin in the past, not at the same time, and they both made me itch like mad, and so had to stop taking them, so I was never sure if they would have worked for me. Amitriptyline made my heart jump all the time, so stopped taking that too.
It must be horrible having your pain management options limited so much.

There are few dentists who post on a forum I visit they are good and giving advice but no medial if that makes sense?

Anyway, do not wet your toothbrush put toothpaste on the dry brush, do not rinse or use mouthwash. The liquid will dilute the effects of the toothpaste which needs to stay on your teeth as long as possible, just spit out any toothpaste from your mouth. I have been doing this for a long time now.

I've been doing that for several years, too.

My cousin is a dental hygiene nurse in Canada and passes quite a bit of helpful stuff over to me as my teeth are not great despite efforts all my adult life to keep me from having work done. It's worked to a certain extent as I visit every 6 months but rarely need fillings etc., but age is starting to catch up with them now. She also sends new stuff over for me to try along with my regular order of Crest flossers. The latest was Clinipro tooth creme. I quite like this stuff and as strange as it sounds my teeth feel stronger. I don't use it every day but I will use it for a few days on the trot every few weeks. I also got a tooth mousse product that's great on my most sensitive teeth.

She told me the science behind the Clinipro is quite interesting (but I've forgotten the details!). Something about the type of fluoride being neutralised in our mouths quite quickly with normal toothpaste but the ingredients in this don't get neutralised so quickly. She also got me onto Oral B toothpaste with stannous fluoride in it as this stays on the teeth longer than straight fluoride. There are a few different types of Oral B pastes so check for stannous in the ingredients if you use a toothpaste to help prevent cavities.

I had a load of fillings done with her on the cheap several years ago. What a difference to my UK dentist. The whole experience was completely pain-free. It was a bit uncomfortable as my mouth is a bit crowded and I have a hair-trigger gag reflex but no pain whatsoever. But, wow. I've never had pain-free treatment before or since. Dental and health treatment are on a completely different planet to NHS services over here. My aunt's family all see their own 'family doctor' with none of this you'll see whoever on the day (if you're lucky to get an appointment in the first place!). The doctor gets to know his patients properly so treatment is so much better and followed through properly. I'm truly envious. They have to pay a bit more for certain things but you're treated like a human.

In fact, I use the bicarb to rinse BEFORE cleaning my teeth, to neutralise the acid, and especially if I can't clean my teeth properly straight after a meal.

I've been doing that for several years, too.

My cousin is a dental hygiene nurse in Canada and passes quite a bit of helpful stuff over to me as my teeth are not great despite efforts all my adult life to keep me from having work done. It's worked to a certain extent as I visit every 6 months but rarely need fillings etc., but age is starting to catch up with them now. She also sends new stuff over for me to try along with my regular order of Crest flossers. The latest was Clinipro tooth creme. I quite like this stuff and as strange as it sounds my teeth feel stronger. I don't use it every day but I will use it for a few days on the trot every few weeks. I also got a tooth mousse product that's great on my most sensitive teeth.

She told me the science behind the Clinipro is quite interesting (but I've forgotten the details!). Something about the type of fluoride being neutralised in our mouths quite quickly with normal toothpaste but the ingredients in this don't get neutralised so quickly. She also got me onto Oral B toothpaste with stannous fluoride in it as this stays on the teeth longer than straight fluoride. There are a few different types of Oral B pastes so check for stannous in the ingredients if you use a toothpaste to help prevent cavities.

I had a load of fillings done with her on the cheap several years ago. What a difference to my UK dentist. The whole experience was completely pain-free. It was a bit uncomfortable as my mouth is a bit crowded and I have a hair-trigger gag reflex but no pain whatsoever. But, wow. I've never had pain-free treatment before or since. Dental and health treatment are on a completely different planet to NHS services over here. My aunt's family all see their own 'family doctor' with none of this you'll see whoever on the day (if you're lucky to get an appointment in the first place!). The doctor gets to know his patients properly so treatment is so much better and followed through properly. I'm truly envious. They have to pay a bit more for certain things but you're treated like a human.
Thank you for sharing this, really helpfull

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.

The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. . . I would recommend it very highly.'

The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'

The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... The one that's red and has thorns.' 'Do you mean a rose?' 'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man.

He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

Cartoon dog 132159703_1015801.jpg

URGENT - NEW HOME WANTED !!!!!
This is Scarlet she’s a 6 week-old German Shepherd puppy. I bought her as a surprise for my wife for Christmas but it turns out she is allergic to dogs, so I am now urgently looking to find her a new home. I don't want any money, just free to a good home.
Her name is Lizzy, she's 53 years old, a beautiful and caring woman who drives, is a fair cook, ok with kids and always keeps a clean house and likes wine.

View attachment 20146

URGENT - NEW HOME WANTED !!!!!
This is Scarlet she’s a 6 week-old German Shepherd puppy. I bought her as a surprise for my wife for Christmas but it turns out she is allergic to dogs, so I am now urgently looking to find her a new home. I don't want any money, just free to a good home.
Her name is Lizzy, she's 53 years old, a beautiful and caring woman who drives, is a fair cook, ok with kids and always keeps a clean house and likes wine.

I was going to say I’d have her Strato, till I got to the 53 years old bit and the penny dropped 😂 that’s so funny 😂 ❤️

What a beautiful dog 👏👏❤️😘🥰 xx

Latest posts

Back