Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I stopped checking in on this thread, especially when it went so far off topic (not that I object to that or to everyone else participating, obviously!) but I was having a quick peek now and then to scan for Strato's jokes. It's a pity there's nowhere else.

Scrolling back I see I was intending to do Dry January. Needless to say it’s 22 Feb and it wine bottle is rarely off the table and as for biscuits it has got beyond a joke.

If there is any chance of this lockdown ending soon and any chance of short trips away and even if it’s only UK I really need to shift this weight as I’m the heaviest I’ve been for about 20 years

Scrolling back I see I was intending to do Dry January. Needless to say it’s 22 Feb and it wine bottle is rarely off the table and as for biscuits it has got beyond a joke.

If there is any chance of this lockdown ending soon and any chance of short trips away and even if it’s only UK I really need to shift this weight as I’m the heaviest I’ve been for about 20 years
Ditto! Didn’t get through dry Jan, or Feb but eating better (slightly).The move forward and out of lockdown is what we need to get in a better frame of mind.It is so difficult and normal to slip when you are going nowhere, no social contact & wearing clothes suitable for sitting round the house.I have booked 2 summer trips in England, sorry not even venturing to Scotland or Wales, in case we are not permitted! That gives me a bit of impetus to get my act together, long may it continue.

I eat what I like but count the calories and try to be around 2000 per day.

Today's total was 1932, including a Balti (from a jar) curried eggs as my main meal. And the jar was relatively new too (for me) at only 14 years old!

So my weight has been the same for years.

When I say I eat what I like, I do, but if that includes a large bar of chocolate, then the calories in that do not leave many for the rest of the day :(

Last edited:
Ditto the above posts. Now I’ve got Cellulitis so on antibiotics from today. Also on eye drops for Iritis and had to have a tooth out a fortnight ago. But it could be much worse.
Good look with the cellulitus, had that 2 years ago and dread it coming back.

Got my vaccine tomorrow but shielding letter at the same time. A year too late for the letter me thinks.

I eat what I like but count the calories and try to be around 2000 per day.

Today's total was 1932, including a Balti (from a jar) curried eggs as my main meal. And the jar was relatively new too (for me) at only 14 years old!

So my weight has been the same for years.

When I say I eat what I like, I do, but if that includes a large bar of chocolate, then the calories in that do not leave many for the rest of the day :(
But Stratto don’t you use an excerise gizmo and walk a lot pulling your shopper - that is bound to eat the calories up.

My brother controlled his weight like you do, Strato. He'd always tell me to forget whatever fad diet I was on at the time and to simply eat less.

He's in his 60s and as trim as he was in his teens. The same definitely cannot be said for me!
I can still wear my wedding suit from over 50 years ago.

Not that I do, as I am still waiting and hoping for the style to come back into fashion. ;)

Made to measure from John Collier. Remember them, and their jingle John Collier, John Collier, the window to watch?

I think it cost about £8.

Last edited:

Not that I do, as I am still waiting and hoping for the style to come back into fashion. ;)

Made to measure from John Collier. Remember them, and their jingle John Collier, John Collier, the window to watch?

My first school duffel coat came from there. I remember the jingle well!

My Mr T worked there as Saturday staff, he sometimes 'sings' the jingle...

That's a word from the past. Did it have toggle buttons?
I love duffel coats & I'm now looking at one on eBay & several on the Montgomery website, the toggles are still there!

One for cat lovers - -

Solar powered cats, almost recharged

Cartoon solar cats safe_image.jpg

Last edited:
Duffle coats are very in again. I have one I bought from M&S last year in the sale.

I had one, my mum bought for school, it was massive as my uniform and blazer worn under it and still 3 sizes too big. The theory was always I would grow into it.
When Mr L and I were first dating he wore a beatnik type duffel coat, it was short and wider than normal duffel coats. Many a cold night both of us could fit into it for a cuddle! Young love!

Latest posts

Back