Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our “stay at home” rule was lifted this week so I was able to travel outside my very limited range to my normal larger supermarket.

Since I was last there it is having a revamp so didn’t know where anything was so walked around umpteen times trying to find things and keep out of peoples way. It wasn’t the most pleasant of outings and I found it exhausting!

To those who haven’t been out at all this past year I would say take your time, pick less busy times, maybe start off close to home smaller places - certainly don’t go to a shopping centre for your first outing or you will feel totally intimidated.

I'm going to take your advice and pick my time carefully. There was no way I'd have hit the shops the first day they opened. I'm not the most patient person in a queue simply because I don't have the energy. Standing kills me. Walking around is bad enough. I wish I could do without crutches as they weigh me down as well as hold me up!

I am looking forward to the day we can get back to normal, though. Real normal with no masks. Though I quite like the social distancing as I've had more than enough of idiotic people pushing me forward and breathing down my neck as if it makes the queue ahead of me go faster, especially in cafes. I think some people think people with walking aids are responsible for the time it takes baristas to make coffee! I like my personal space, respect others' and wish they'd respect mine.

Eric was nearly 22 when he died (childless !). No doubt his siblings helped create a feline family dynasty but no idea how to track them down.

I’m a patient woman. 🙄

That's the good thing about KC registering I suppose.

I've no idea what breed Eric was but out of interest is there a register for cats?

He lived a good age. All our dogs have gone at 12. As time ticks on I start to dread them getting up there as I know the day is getting closer and it'll be time to say goodbye - and it breaks my heart a bit more every time.

I'm going to take your advice and pick my time carefully. There was no way I'd have hit the shops the first day they opened. I'm not the most patient person in a queue simply because I don't have the energy. Standing kills me. Walking around is bad enough. I wish I could do without crutches as they weigh me down as well as hold me up!

I am looking forward to the day we can get back to normal, though. Real normal with no masks. Though I quite like the social distancing as I've had more than enough of idiotic people pushing me forward and breathing down my neck as if it makes the queue ahead of me go faster, especially in cafes. I think some people think people with walking aids are responsible for the time it takes baristas to make coffee! I like my personal space, respect others' and wish they'd respect mine.

That's the good thing about KC registering I suppose.

I've no idea what breed Eric was but out of interest is there a register for cats?

He lived a good age. All our dogs have gone at 12. As time ticks on I start to dread them getting up there as I know the day is getting closer and it'll be time to say goodbye - and it breaks my heart a bit more every time.
I stick my arm out. If they say anything I tell them it measures 81cm.

I’ve been food shopping throughout the pandemic but have tended to stick to my local small supermarket. When I’ve needed to really stock up then I’ve gone to my local Lidl. I’ve worn a mask, kept the required social distance and I wait if someone is getting something off the shelf that I’m about to go to. I do wear disposable gloves in the supermarkets because of holding baskets or pushing a trolley. I’m lucky in the fact that I was not in one of the vulnerable groups and so going out was never really an issue. I just steered clear of idiots who wore their masks as chin straps or who weren’t wearing one at all. 🙄

As for non-essential shops re-opening, I haven’t really noticed as I’ve never enjoyed browsing round shops. I used to just pop in, get what I wanted and then go home. Since the pandemic, I’ve ordered things online and so haven’t missed the shops being shut. I know that people were desperate to get out when the restrictions were lifted but I’ll personally never understand why people are prepared to queue just to go shopping.

My DIL took the girls for some new school shoes the other day and she said there was a queue a mile long outside of Primark. As luck would have it, their local Clarks shop was fairly quiet so the girls got fixed up fairly quickly but each pair they tried on and didn`t like or which didn`t fit properly then had to be put behind the till and couldn`t go back on sale for however long and the sales girl wore a mask, gloves and they had to sanitise their hands before entering and wear masks. The girls are old enough to comply but god help anybody with younger more fractious kids.

Cartoon cats laser eyes 172770054_96089224.jpg

My brother lives in St.Catharines Ontario and I chat with him via SKYPE once a week. Their so-called lockdown had all the shops open even the library was open. Now suddenly he said they have a tighter lockdown for a month so all but essential shops closed. He thinks the Ontario governor is a moron and every thing seemed very lacs a daisy. He had no idea about the vaccine roll out in his area for ages and finally got it two weeks ago, and he said it was all very random how they rolled it out. Not only that, but he kept telling me it would be Xmas before he and my SIL got theirs the way it was going.

My brother lives in St.Catharines Ontario and I chat with him via SKYPE once a week. Their so-called lockdown had all the shops open even the library was open. Now suddenly he said they have a tighter lockdown for a month so all but essential shops closed. He thinks the Ontario governor is a moron and every thing seemed very lacs a daisy. He had no idea about the vaccine roll out in his area for ages and finally got it two weeks ago, and he said it was all very random how they rolled it out. Not only that, but he kept telling me it would be Xmas before he and my SIL got theirs the way it was going.
It is quite clear that the Canadian Govt will have hard questions to answer, like most Govts around the world. They are in a worse position than even the EU on vaccines, as they were totally reliant on other countries to supply them with their vaccines. I read they are also the wealthiest country that signed up for Covax, and have ordered the most over-coverage of vaccines compared with all countries in the world, if reports I've read in the media are true!

It is quite clear that the Canadian Govt will have hard questions to answer, like most Govts around the world. They are in a worse position than even the EU on vaccines, as they were totally reliant on other countries to supply them with their vaccines. I read they are also the wealthiest country that signed up for Covax, and have ordered the most over-coverage of vaccines compared with all countries in the world, if reports I've read in the media are true!
We're all aware that this is a new virus however, apart from a few countries in the Far East nobody seems to have got their act together & even if New Zealand believes it's safe now it can't stay sealed in a vacuum for the rest of time. When the excess death figures for the UK & the rest of Europe are published it'll be interesting to see whether we did have a greater number of covid deaths or if the different counting systems made ours look higher. My husband was very ill in December, we didn't know that it was caused by his eye medication & he was a 'blue light' to A&E. When I collected him the doctor told me that they had no idea what was wrong, however, because he was in hospital if they lost him overnight it would have been put down as a covid death, he'd have been body bagged & I'd never have seen him again. His death would have been a false statistic & I wouldn't have been able to do a thing about it.

There is an article in the sun detailing Mr & Mrs Ruthless worth/earnings. Couldn’t be bothered to investigate each of the companies mentioned but QVC doesn’t get a mention (unless I missed it as I just scanned through it).
Then I found this...

My DIL took the girls for some new school shoes the other day and she said there was a queue a mile long outside of Primark. As luck would have it, their local Clarks shop was fairly quiet so the girls got fixed up fairly quickly but each pair they tried on and didn`t like or which didn`t fit properly then had to be put behind the till and couldn`t go back on sale for however long and the sales girl wore a mask, gloves and they had to sanitise their hands before entering and wear masks. The girls are old enough to comply but god help anybody with younger more fractious kids.

Why more shops aren't using UV-C sanitisation for a quick turnover I don't know.

They could be using it more in hospitals too. It can sanitise rooms/wards much better than a human and quicker, too, with a better result.

I have a cousin there, too, and a few more in Niagara Falls. They're all complaining and it's not just Ontario. I wanted to move there once and not just because of the care my aunt and uncle were getting - worlds ahead of the NHS. It's down a fast slide downhill since with everything.

We had dogs and cats as I was growing up. My last dog Amber was a grumpy golden cocker spaniel and died of heart attack at 10 just before I moved to my upstairs flat. I so wanted another dog, but I just knew no totally unfair on the poor dog, I was working 9-5 back then and knew I could not just keep a poor dog locked in the flat that long. When in my old house which was being vested I was only working part-time just morning, so that was not too bad as Amber was walked before I went to work, and I was home by lunchtime.

There was a piece on the BBC morning news about people going back to work and the dogs that had been bought during lockdown. They said the rescue shelters will be full of returned dogs. If people can afford then the dog walkers and doggie day cares will be full too.

Latest posts

Back