Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to the newspapers Benefit turned away nurses, unless in full PPE, from beauty salons. talk about poor PR
Yes, I saw that. Utterly tone deaf, whoever thought that policy was a good idea. Ignorance and fear does make people cruel and stupid sometimes, imo.

That marriage would be annulled!
Yes, for the hideous orange car! 😋

Cartoon dogs parrot 166272129_10159387882.png

Badgers EAT hedgehogs. Really!

I have a clip from the wildlife cam of our dog annoying the big hedgehog that comes into the garden (we left holes in the fence deliberately). Head down, bum up, bouncing around like a rubber ball. Hedgehog curled up in a ball ignoring her (but probably terrified).

Another clip I have has the hedgehog in the same pose being sniffed by a young fox that jumps back as if her nose has been pricked.

Yet another has a cat having a go at the hedgehog who again takes the same pose then saunters over to the boot tray we have filled with water on the patio for the birds to bath in, paddles in it for a few minutes, clambers onto the paving stone we have on some breeze blocks, eats his treat then scurries off out of view.

We have yet another clip of a mum badger showing her pups around ignoring the hedgehog (he's huge!). He stays curled up for about 15 minutes until the badgers have gone.

Poor hedgehog spends more time in a ball than helping us get rid of slugs!

My favourite clip of all is Mr AE, hosepipe in hand, running after the squirrel that visits. He had trouble with squirrels nesting in the attic and gnawing electric cables at his old place. He's very determined they won't set home in this attic. When I fast-forward it's like a scene from Benny Hill 😂

It won't be easy as all the cats I've had brief encounters with (allergic) have had such widely different personalities. I don't suppose you know of any of Eric's relatives?
Eric was nearly 22 when he died (childless !). No doubt his siblings helped create a feline family dynasty but no idea how to track them down.

I’m a patient woman. 🙄

Our “stay at home” rule was lifted this week so I was able to travel outside my very limited range to my normal larger supermarket.

Since I was last there it is having a revamp so didn’t know where anything was so walked around umpteen times trying to find things and keep out of peoples way. It wasn’t the most pleasant of outings and I found it exhausting!

To those who haven’t been out at all this past year I would say take your time, pick less busy times, maybe start off close to home smaller places - certainly don’t go to a shopping centre for your first outing or you will feel totally intimidated.

Our “stay at home” rule was lifted this week so I was able to travel outside my very limited range to my normal larger supermarket.

Since I was last there it is having a revamp so didn’t know where anything was so walked around umpteen times trying to find things and keep out of peoples way. It wasn’t the most pleasant of outings and I found it exhausting!

To those who haven’t been out at all this past year I would say take your time, pick less busy times, maybe start off close to home smaller places - certainly don’t go to a shopping centre for your first outing or you will feel totally intimidated.
That's really good advice. I had done our weekly shop at a fairly large Sainsburys for over 20 years until last March when I decided I'd probably celebrate my birthday while waiting to get to the top of the queue & so I changed the way we shopped. I returned eight months later because of they had an offer & as I walked through a place I knew really well I had total sensory overload; at 62 I suddenly understood what it must be like to have an issue when everything just overwhelms your senses.

I have been going to my local Sainsbury's shopping every week and M&S food hall. I only do the sections I am interested in. No queues since before Xmas, straight in spray handles of trolley they do your hands wear mask and off you go.

I am on autopilot and don't think or worry. Take mask off the moment I am out in the fresh air.

I have been going to my local Sainsbury's shopping every week and M&S food hall. I only do the sections I am interested in. No queues since before Xmas, straight in spray handles of trolley they do your hands wear mask and off you go.

I am on autopilot and don't think or worry. Take mask off the moment I am out in the fresh air.
I couldn't believe just how huge that supermarket felt after not going there for eight months. The one big positive is the amount we spend on food now compared to a year ago, I must have still been buying for a family of four!

It’s the Sprucefield store which having a revamp.

Oh! Too far for me, I do the Belfast City Centre one. Though a friend and I said we will get the bus there when lockdown opens up. But then again another friend and I were always going there, but it never happened.

Latest posts

Back