Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How do they justify this? Is the colouring solution going to cost more from the manufacturers? If so, fair enough, but if they are putting prices up simply to make up for lost revenue during lockdown, they will find many people do as your colleague says she will do, so it will backfire on businesses.
Oh but inflated prices and ripping people off is "the new normal" :mad: It's like the £20 for a bag of flour scenario.

CC

Yes I have been reading about London salon waiting lists of 2000+. I had also read that they were planning on banning blowdrying so you could get the cut and colour but have to dry it yourself at home. I don't think this has come in though has it? I imagine preference will be given to cut and colour appointments as they are worth far more than a blow dry. The exception I suppose is the Kate Middleton Chelsea Blow Dry (from Richard Ward?) which no doubt takes an age and costs a fortune.

This is one time that I’m glad I’ve got long hair. I will go round to my son to get about 2” taken off the length once he has a day off. He’s not a hairdresser, but he always does a superb job on mine ..... and my “appointment“ is, thankfully, free. 🙂

This is one time that I’m glad I’ve got long hair. I will go round to my son to get about 2” taken off the length once he has a day off. He’s not a hairdresser, but he always does a superb job on mine ..... and my “appointment“ is, thankfully, free. 🙂

You’ve given me an idea, Toril. I could get my neighbour with their telescopic garden shears to do mine over the wall.

Ooh...young maaan! How old is he & is he for hire?

You’ve given me an idea, Toril. I could get my neighbour with their telescopic garden shears to do mine over the wall.

...Said the Nun to the bishop!

I’m not sure about colour etc being more profitable with my hairdresser.

A wash, cut and a bit of a blow dry, NO products in and out in 20 mins all whilst she is checking a colour/perm which is waiting for next stage.

It is a one woman band from an extension in her own house in a country area and she charges me £28 so how much it will be now goodness knows. That’s £84 an hour for me so would a colour be a lot more profitable taking into consideration the raw materials?

When I finally get to the hairdresser I am expecting nothing but the usual service for a whopping £79 for a cut and dry. They are good though and I've got difficult hair so I get what I pay for.

CC

Gosh Candy that’s a lot - mine is a cheap as chips in comparison. I hope that includes a coffee (mine doesn’t, the kettle wouldn’t have time to boil). Is it a city salon?

Gosh Candy that’s a lot - mine is a cheap as chips in comparison. I hope that includes a coffee (mine doesn’t, the kettle wouldn’t have time to boil). Is it a city salon?
It is a lot but it is Cheynes, Edinburgh, which is the best I've ever used in all my years. They know how to cut hair! You do get a coffee but for that price I always think they should provide champers 🍾

CC

Well I suppose a city is going to be more expensive. I’ve spent a lot in city salons and not been happy. How often do you have to go?

Dont salons charge more for a “restyle”? I think we might all come under that category this time around..

My husband cut my hair a few weeks ago and it looks alright I evened up the bits he missed and I got a box of hair dye so job done. I am going to wait for a month or so until the mad rush is over then I might go back to hairdressers. Saved me a few bob as well.

Well I suppose a city is going to be more expensive. I’ve spent a lot in city salons and not been happy. How often do you have to go?

Dont salons charge more for a “restyle”? I think we might all come under that category this time around..

Yes, mine does I think if I remember the board(prices are up on a board) and restyle was £35 and a cut was £25, both these had the shampoo wash.

The hairdresser I go to didn't even look at the board when the prices went up over a year ago and were charging the old price for months. I kept giving her £17 and she kept giving me £2 back.:ROFLMAO: Now, I never give a tip but always gave her minis and samples of beauty products that I could not use or want. Usually from SpaceNK as I know the staff and they always just gave me stuff. I remember she complained to me that one mini I gave her she loved so much she went and bought the full size and it £83!!!!:rolleyes:

I decided to pop in this morning and have just seen the contents of the Shay TSV which I want and then spotted that it is a Molton Brown OTO. What a financial disaster, but I don't care.

We had more drinks at the flats last night, midweek!!! We seem to be slipping down the road to ruin. Anyway, I had my first ever Aperol and prosecco spritzer. It was marvellous! I bought my neighbours a replacement bottle in Waitrose this morning in the hope that we get served some more. The perfect summer drink, and boy was it a hot summer night last night. But my biggest surprise was that it didn't taste of apples. Am I the only person who thought that it would????

Right, better go and locate the credit card for the MB purchase...... In my defence it is good value and I do love the Lily of the valley one. Not so keen on Euclyptus for general use but it is good to have on hand in the winter if you feel a bit below par.

It is a lot but it is Cheynes, Edinburgh, which is the best I've ever used in all my years. They know how to cut hair! You do get a coffee but for that price I always think they should provide champers 🍾

CC
I'm going there next time I'm in Ed. It's been too long & I love that place.....

Latest posts

Back