Tocantin v. rhodolite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

borednow

Registered Shopper
Hiya, Looking for a little advice from the jewellery lovers.
I have a number of rhodolite garnet pieces from Gems and ebay but i need a pendant to finish off the set. I have seen some nice tocantin items on QVC and i am wondering if it is the same/sim. colour. some of the larger stones seem to be the same but others look a lot paler.

this is the item i like
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.695580

any advice would be most welcome

hello there
I have a tocantins ring which was a gift for my January bday,dont know the item number but it is one with stones on the diagonal and diamond accents,I find the stones pretty dark to be honest,more plummy than red,hope this helps x

I get the idea rhodolite is raspberry coloured and the Tocantin is plum in colour

Tocantin is very blackberry-ish in tone - quite dark, not a trace of 'brightness' or tawny-ness like a lot of other garnets. Absolutely gorgeous, but the tone is quite distinct.

Tocantin is very blackberry-ish in tone - quite dark, not a trace of 'brightness' or tawny-ness like a lot of other garnets. Absolutely gorgeous, but the tone is quite distinct.

yes I agree,my ring is like that,not as red like a normal garnet if you know what I mean x

I think that the pendant you like may go well with your Rhodolite pieces, it will certainly tone even if it does not exactly match. Plus it has smallish stones which tend to look lighter than one large stone.
My first attempt at Tocantins was returned, as it was a big solitaire ring and was just too dark for me, I replaced it with a cluster ring and the little stones seem brighter and slightly paler.
Brazilian Garnet is another one to look for as it's very similar to Rhodolite, sadly QVC seem not to stock it much these days and I have a feeling that Rhodolite is being gradually replaced by the Tocantins.:sad:

thank you all for replying and sorry for my delay in acknowledging them (lappy took a death dive off my lap while reading this thread a few days ago. naughty lappy!)

i think i will take the plunge and get the pendant anyway. as alibeth pointed out the tone will be right and it will be a distance away from the other bits so it wont be too noticable. you never know... if i like it i may just have to splurge on a ring to match it. that one of yours queenie looks rather tempting lol

thanks again everyone

thank you all for replying and sorry for my delay in acknowledging them (lappy took a death dive off my lap while reading this thread a few days ago. naughty lappy!)

i think i will take the plunge and get the pendant anyway. as alibeth pointed out the tone will be right and it will be a distance away from the other bits so it wont be too noticable. you never know... if i like it i may just have to splurge on a ring to match it. that one of yours queenie looks rather tempting lol

thanks again everyone

yes its a nice ring
it was a birthday present and garnet is my birthstone,my aunties bought it for me x

well i took the plunge and placed the pendant in my shoppy trolly thingy.....then i thought well i might as well look at the other stuff. that was a fatal error. i got a trolly load of stuff but not a tocantin or rhodolite in sight! i decided that black agate would really go well this winter so i got a ring, then another ring, saw the earrings to match, a great bracelet that was in last clicks so it would be rude not to buy it too, then saw a necklace that matched it perfectly and then the earrings!
in my defence i have 2 things to say... no 3 things! half of them were in last clicks, it was my birthday this week so i had some money that was burning a hole in my pocket and i have had a crap summer. retail therapy works wonders i find lol

Latest posts

Back