Wayne Dyer TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

............and greatly acclaimed in the mental health field this last year or so for its effectiveness................i.e identify the problem yourself and change your behavior to rectify it..................take ownership appears to be the buzzwords ..................................

I think it's a hugely useful tool. My cynicism about the high rate at which it is recommended kicks in, though, as it's far cheaper to send someone for a course of 6 CBT sessions than the open-ended 1:1 work with a psychologist which a lot of people actually need.

naughty naughty QVC! They kept saying the TSV wasn't available anywhere else - but it's on amazon.co.uk as 2 separate items (book and CDs).

I really like his books, one of my favourites is 'Your Erroneous Zones'. It helped me greatly a few years ago and I still refer back to it now and then. He also seems like a genuinely nice person / has a nice aura about him.

Interesting re: CBT ... have been on waiting list for 6 months to have that for my M.E. but am beginning to think I will never get an appointment, the longer it goes on!!

Hi Cupcake, I waited 6 months two while very ill with anxiety and depression but it has been so worth it, just hold tight I know this is easier said than done. I really hope you find the treatment as good as I have. I am on medication as well, lucky to have a gp who will not just hand out tablets but refers for talking therapy too. Good luck and take care

Hi Cupcake, I waited 6 months two while very ill with anxiety and depression but it has been so worth it, just hold tight I know this is easier said than done. I really hope you find the treatment as good as I have. I am on medication as well, lucky to have a gp who will not just hand out tablets but refers for talking therapy too. Good luck and take care

This shows me how much of a postcode lottery there is within the nhs... I waited 2 months max... with health related anxiety and depression ... I wish you and cupcake well .... and CBT/ talking therapy helps :happy:.... am still getting help through a psychologist and hopefully getting better :happy:

I also thought this man seemed genuine. Big difference between him and that I can make you thin bloke imho anyway.

This shows me how much of a postcode lottery there is within the nhs... I waited 2 months max... with health related anxiety and depression ... I wish you and cupcake well .... and CBT/ talking therapy helps :happy:.... am still getting help through a psychologist and hopefully getting better :happy:

thank you Gracie T, good to hear that you had a shorter wait, do hope you continue to make progress. Reading this thread makes me wish I had watched the shows, I skipped them cos thought it was another Paul McKenna type thing. Will check Wayne Dyer out on Amazon. Looks interesting

Wishing everyone who is having treatment or on the waiting list the best of luck. It is such a postcode lottery/jungle out there ((hugs)) for all.

I've had two short courses of CBT, and waited years to get them too. I need inpatient treatment for an anorexic spectrum eating disorder and OCD, but the waiting list for eating disorder treatment is so long I am unlikely to get it, and indeed my psychologist refused to put me on the list as it was so long - and there are no beds at all for anyone in my area that needs eating disorder treatment. Helpfully, just when I was at my lowest ebb I've been discharged and can't have any more therapy, rules is rules apparently - I've had my turn and that's that, I have to go away nicely, now.

So I deliberately didn't watch much of Wayne Dyer yesterday as I didn't want to get sucked into buying something that I would get my hopes up would be my cure and then be despondent when it didn't work :(.

They were not selling the book and Cds as a cure for anyone with enduring health difficulties. They also did not advertise it as CBT as such. I think Wayne Dyer is more of a motivational 'guru' (for want of a better word). There are more specific books on the market if CBT is for you, such as Mind over Mood. Probably best to try before you buy, as someone else has suggested, from your library.

I send hugs and hope to anyone on here that is waiting\having\had treatment and wish them lots of luck, it can be a hard road to walk and sometimes a lonely one. Thinking of you all

I send hugs and hope to anyone on here that is waiting\having\had treatment and wish them lots of luck, it can be a hard road to walk and sometimes a lonely one. Thinking of you all

I second that :) .... life brings good days and bad days... treasure the good days and have faith, in whatever that is for you ... that's all we can do :)

Did any one buy this and what do you think. I have only listened to the first CD and I am not too happy- It seems very religiously based to me....lots of talk about Jesus and God. Don't think I got that impression from the shows. Also the tapes have a warning on them, as follows:
"If you are dealing with any sort of mental or emotional disorder, are undergoing psychotherapy, are experiencing seizures,have any other neurological or neurorespiratory disease, we suggest you consult your physician or therapist and use this Cd programme under supervision"

Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying these. I think I may send back, m because of the religious ramblings. I am so going to get that letter soon. So I am not buying another thing!:clapping:.........until the next time! LOL

I've just picked up the book from my local library this afternoon (nevermind about all the spiel about this not being available outside of the US!!!), so will have a look at it sometime soon!

I've just picked up the book from my local library this afternoon (nevermind about all the spiel about this not being available outside of the US!!!), so will have a look at it sometime soon!

I haven't opened the book, it is shrink wrapped and I would feel too guilty opening that too and sending them back. I think it is not for me.
Look forward to hearing your views.

Just out of interest, why does everyone have such a downer on Paul McKenna?
It may have been discussed before and I missed it, so forgive me if I'm going over old ground.
I only ask because I've found all his books and tapes extremely helpful and so have a few other family members. One of my friends went to one of his seminars and lost 4 stone in the following year and from the outset became confident and purposeful under his guidance and my son-in-law stopped smoking and he was a three pack a day man.
Has he done something awful that I've missed, living over here? I'm curious, now!

I also like Paul McKenna's CDs, although I've never watched him on QVC. His stuff hasn't worked miracles on me, but I wasn't expecting that. I find that, in spite of myself (I don't really like his voice, and I find he speaks with a strange phoney accent) his CDs leave me feeling relaxed and positive and hopeful that I can achieve what I want. I still have to put in the hard work of course, but I like to listen to the weight loss CD when I feel I need a little extra motivation. Then again, it might be that I just enjoy soothing voices in my hear inviting me to visualise myself slim, as I find I enjoy listening to Marisa Peer too for the very same reasons (even though with a cold, lucid mind, I can see that she too speaks in an odd, slightly condescending voice...:thinking2:)

Just out of interest, why does everyone have such a downer on Paul McKenna?
It may have been discussed before and I missed it, so forgive me if I'm going over old ground.
I only ask because I've found all his books and tapes extremely helpful and so have a few other family members. One of my friends went to one of his seminars and lost 4 stone in the following year and from the outset became confident and purposeful under his guidance and my son-in-law stopped smoking and he was a three pack a day man.
Has he done something awful that I've missed, living over here? I'm curious, now!

Im not , I have trained with Paul and Richard Bandler , I ,like you have found his books dvds and seminars really useful . Glad you found him useful . Ive trained to Master practitioner level with him and cannot praise him enough

Im not , I have trained with Paul and Richard Bandler , I ,like you have found his books dvds and seminars really useful . Glad you found him useful . Ive trained to Master practitioner level with him and cannot praise him enough

That's good to hear. I've never seen him on QVC as my buying of his books etc., predates his appearances and I've never needed anything more.
I like his non-preachy, non-religious manner. I was actually given a bumper pack of Wayne Dyer stuff by a guy who was really motivated by him. He said just ignore the religious connotations, but I couldn't and, as a non believer, found it very intrusive.

I found him through his work with Richard Bandler and more recently Ive got into TFT which paul also uses to some extent

Latest posts

Back