What have you bought and resisted lately?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I haven't bought anything for ages,due to trying to solve my qvc addiction.I now rarely watch and rarely hanker after much.

I did like the tiana b tsv in jade option but didn't stay up (on purpose:angel:) so missed out on that.I was going to buy birkenstock tsv as a treat but didn't like it.Sorta wanted ultrasun but talked myself out of that one.

Definitely wanted a new kipling bag- but didn't want a leather one - so I did treat myself to a new arkan,as it was free p&p and 3 easy pay - despite me vowing not to use easy pay :sad:

I have bought a few jewellery and beauty items, but due to your great thread (about spending), I am a reformed character. Thank you.

Well done rainbowdottie, I too remember your original thread. I've only bought two things from QVC this year being a LG set containing Apricot Berry Blush n Brighten, praline eyeshadow and Tropical lip gloss (love the first two products, not overly keen on the lip gloss) and the last YC TSV.

I've finally come to my senses that it's not saving me money by buying beauty kits with items in that I'll have no intention of using or think that I'll try because they either end up on Ebay or makeupalley.com. I now wait and buy what I actually want from the kits unless the kit holds more than 50% of items that I do use/want. Recently I resisted the OPI TSV because I only wanted the red colour (which I've now solely purchased).

I bought a pair of 'last clicks' earrings, but was disappointed with them. so they are on their way back.
I also bought a Kipling TSV this week, but may send it back as a lovely FM has agreed to sell me her Blossom make up bag, which was the bit of the TSV I wanted.
I can't think of anything else for ages.

i resisted the ultrasun tsv, i baught the sbc 1litre skin wash that was a bargin but thats all ive baught for months.will not be getting the LG tsv i dont like the colours but will have to not watch as i know i could quite easy be talked into it!looking forward to the elemis tsv.oh and berkenstock tsv but hoping i wont like that

Nothing since December, I am so proud of myself, I used to buy something nearly every week, Rainbow D's great thread really hit home with me. Plus have also been pretty ill and only just lately started work again on a part time basis so do not have the funds. It was like an addiction\compulsion for me and having worked in this field for a long time I could really see behaviour patterns in myself that were not very healthy. I still watch as I find it so funny and I do get tempted at times but then I use a technique of visualsing how much stuff I have aleady got and never actually use and it works. So as we progress through April I am now in my fourth month of not spending with QVC. My other little trick is to factor in the p and p which always shocks me and is a total rip off!

I've been a bit naughty and bought a few things, but sent most of them back.

I got the silver pea pod earrings from (I think) the Awaken collection. They're lovely, about 1" 3/4 long with little pale green stone peas just visible inside, cute and quirky but I ordered the silver seashell with the pearl inside and despite being a good size, it was terrible quality for almost £50, really flimsy:angry:
I bought the large dyed agate necklace on silver(? ha ha?) day. Thats really nice, goes with everything and I've worn it pretty much every day since.
Waiting for my auto delivery of Yankee Candles, though goodness knows why 'cause I don't even like them much any more:cheeky:
oh.....also had the 3 silver bangles set with little agate stones around, they're lovely. They'll probably go back (I'll await THE letter) though because I really can't afford all this stuff atm.
I find that if I can resist buying stuff during the hour, or I should say during the few minutes while I watch it on 30x faster,I forget all about wanting it afterwards. It's all about sitting on your hands for a while!:clapping:

I haven't bought anything for ages,due to trying to solve my qvc addiction.I now rarely watch and rarely hanker after much.

I did like the tiana b tsv in jade option but didn't stay up (on purpose:angel:) so missed out on that.I was going to buy birkenstock tsv as a treat but didn't like it.Sorta wanted ultrasun but talked myself out of that one.

Definitely wanted a new kipling bag- but didn't want a leather one - so I did treat myself to a new arkan,as it was free p&p and 3 easy pay - despite me vowing not to use easy pay :sad:

Yay Rainbowdottie - good for you. Keep up the good work. I haven't bought anything since the Time Bomb tsv which I regret daily but am determined to finish. I'll finish the creams anyway, the youth juice definitely seems to have magical properties which involve showing signs of never ever running out so it will probably be relegated to a body oil when the creams have gone. Am very tempted by Laura Geller tomorrow but I do still have half a balance n brighten and this morning I used the darkest swirl as an eyeshadow to convince myself I don't need the tsv. Still might get it though :giggle::giggle:

I to am trying to reform. I have only bought a mega size BE mineral veil as I had
run out and QVC are the only ones to stock the 28g size. SBC tsv, alstroemeria
plants and LE superskin. I got a sample of the LE superskin and was so impressed
that I bought it from QVC as they offered the best deal.

I wanted the opi tsv too - but again only really wanted one of the polishes.

It seems strange to say but I'm almost enjoying the "freedom" of not buying from qvc - I don't have items that are cluttering up my bedroom - making me feel guilty that I've paid a stupid price for and not using - or feeling guilty of parcels turning up of things I've ordered on a whim and then have to pay the hefty posatge back,and in turn wait the wrath of "The Letter".

I don't feel guilty about my kipling bag at all - I'm actually enjoying the purchase instead of being worried about all the other purchases I've made this month!!

I really don't have the attitude that I want to try everything.I have had a look through the tv guide and will want to look at the next birkenstock tsv,though!

I have been curiously liberated by not buying stuff, no longer log into my bank account to see a shockingly low balance and loads of payments to "QVC Liverpool " which used to make me feel both cross and ashamed at myself and my lack of willpower. I am enjoying actully usinng my stockpile and (horror of horrors, whisper it low!) have found some supermarket and high street beauty products to be very good. I still love Deceleor and Elemis and will need a new moisturiser soon but will only buy when I need it. No longer have a bathroom that resembles a shop and it makes me feel a lot more relaxed

I tend to buy in "splurges" not deliberately, just tends to be the way it works out. Got the ultra sun TSV (after much deliberation) but at that price/value couldn't justify not getting it. Tried it for the first time today, and am now very glad I did get it. It goes on so easily and not a trace of stickiness/smell etc.
Have had a few deliveries of easi yo, but don't count those as it comes under grocery shopping, and whilst it doesn't work out much cheaper (inc p & p) then buying locally, I can get a wider range of flavours. Got the BE TSV (as I use it anyway and needed foundation). Also bought a Alpha H set recently - it was on easy pay, worked out a lot cheaper than buying 2 of the items on their own - this one may yet go back, am into the second week of the "scientific trial" - will give it the full 30 dys to see if any difference.

I also went for the Kipling Arkan on easy pay and no p&p. They tried to deliver it today but I was out so they will be back on Monday. Quite looking forward to it I have not got the Arkan but I do love my Kipling. xxxxxxxx

I got mine today and I really love it.Its right up my street! My favourite all time kipling is the verbier and arkan was the nearest shape I could get to it!I thought it was a good price with no p&p.

Pleased I didn't buy the birkenstock tsv - by the reviews it seems as though they were another "just for qvc" special that hasn't gone down too well.

I remember reading here that some pople hold fire on buying TSV's and then go on to read the reviews to decide if they really want it - or not.Considering lately,if you only save the price of the P&P,as tsv's tend to be these days,it seems a ggod way of deciding if you really want it!!

Madaunty have you looked here for your Easy yo? They sell the full range and next day delivery delivery is a standard £4.50 for all orders up to £49.99, and free over £50.
I have used them and they were great.

:mysmilie_508:for that recommendation Pick-a-Lily. I think I have looked there before, but because I'm not likely to spend more than £20/25 at a time, there really isn't a vast difference in the cost for the packs I get. :mysmilie_484:

Latest posts

Back