Why do you watch Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
So i'm guessing there are many reasons we. watch. Some for : particular products
Background noise
you secretly really enjoy it
amusement
. habit.
something to talk about on here

For me, its probably a mixture of all of them at one time or another,depending on my mood.

What about you?

l
So i'm guessing there are many reasons we. watch. Some for : particular products
Background noise
you secretly really enjoy it
amusement
. habit.
something to talk about on here

For me, its probably a mixture of all of them at one time or another,depending on my mood.

What about you?

All of the above i suppose, but you really need to watch it, so we can come on here
and know what you're all talking about (typed that last bit before i read it on your
list) LOL LOL so it must be true

I started watching it to see products that I would not otherwise have known about, but these days it is mainly same old same old, with just occasional new things like the scanner mouse.

Don't laugh...........I hate adverts.................QVC don't have them!!!!!

Really I suppose its a mixture of background noise and habit....

shopping
retail therapy as a pick me up, something to look forward to receiving
for company, familiarity
its live and someone is 'there'
looking for hunks and babes
habit
watch because of loneliness, depression and despair
helps me feel 'safe'

Background noise, boredom, a feeling of being kept in the loop so to speak.
keeps me up to date with "whats new" in makeup etc.
Shopping!

As I once said to OH, when he asked me why I watched so much Q...... "Well at least it doesn't have adverts trying to sell me stuff every five minutes!" :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I put it on for our house bunny whilst I'm doing the tea! Honest. Then I join her by the fire, familiarity and because tv is so awful and can't stand reality shows.

Without qvc I'd never have the imagination to say split some L'Occitane products up as separate gifts. I'd probably only spend £3 on small gifts for people whereas they correctly advise me on spending £15 to £20 on gifts for people I don't really know. Without qvc I'd never be able to chase my 'Yodel delivered' stuff half way round the country for days on end only to find I still can't get in touch with them. Without qvc I probably only own 1 Acer whereas watching qvc has enabled me to own 10 - nothing more convenient than having one on hand in the toilet :) Without qvc I'd only own 1 vacuum cleaner whereas with them I have 5. Without qvc I wouldn't have anything to moan about.

Without qvc I'd never have found this site and the madness that goes with it :)

These days I only watch during advert breaks. If the show is particularly appalling I might hang around - just for jolly!
I used to love the jewellery shows but Q has priced me out now.

Personally, from being a university student, then from the mandatory following period of unemployment.. Now it is a guilty pleasure and I have to watch it to fall asleep too.. Maybe I have a problem now?!

I started watching to get good prices on brands I already knew ... Elemis, molton Brown, L'Occitane and Liz Earle mainly.

Then I got hooked on the jewellery. I am such a magpie. I can't help myself. I also find it an easy option for shopping. To some degree I have money but no time and I find watching QVC preferable to trawling the Internet staring at pictures. But being here has made me realise that I have somehow managed to keep my shopping/spending more or less under control. I buy less elsewhere because of QVC.

I watch in the adverts mainly but if I'm working from home or ironing I do watch then. Provided its something I'm interested in. I don't watch certain shows ... craft, cookery, DIY, Tech etc ... because I'm just not interested.

I have watched Q since the late 90's for many reasons. I first started watching when I graduated from uni, job hunting and still living at my mum's. My very first purchase was a Buckley bracelet, now long gone.

Then I watched because I lived with an ex boyfriend who made me unhappy until I finally plucked up the courage to leave him.

I stopped watching (and buying) for the 4 years I was single before I met my husband. I was out having too much fun, when I wasn't at work, that is. I say single. Hell, I "dated".

I started watching when I met my husband, who was on call a lot at the police station. We had moved away so although I still had my mates we all had our new grown up lives. We moved on, but I needed "company" and the "normal" TV was bad enough, even if I could get a signal on freeview.

Then came the babies, and maternity leave. The horror that is daytime TV. The need to have some of the "old" me back (make up junkie), when my babies were napping.

It's my radio, my familiar friend in the corner, who pisses me off quite a lot because I wish she would stay as she used to be.

I started watching following surgery three years when I couldn't drive for a couple of months. It was novelty to start with and then I got hooked on the jewellery! Go through phases with watching depending whether I'm working or not, but mainly stop for a look whilst channel hopping. I do like it on in the background when doing housework.

I've cut right back on the jewellery because of price, but I did get suckered into buying an Or Paz ring at lunchtime today, only because of the three easy pays - I lack willpower at times, and Q know how exactly how to tempt us!

You have to watch a bit to keep up with what's happening on the forum, after all, the forum is the best bit about enduring the presenters, crap fashion and virtually every other product - how would we survive without it!

Started watching when we got sky, never new TV shopping existed till then. Bought mostly jewellery then beauty stuff and watching became a habit/background noise. With hardly any jewellery shows now and I no longer buy beauty from them, its only occasionally I'll switch on qvc now. More inclined to browse online

I started watching following surgery three years when I couldn't drive for a couple of months. It was novelty to start with and then I got hooked on the jewellery! Go through phases with watching depending whether I'm working or not, but mainly stop for a look whilst channel hopping. I do like it on in the background when doing housework.

I've cut right back on the jewellery because of price, but I did get suckered into buying an Or Paz ring at lunchtime today, only because of the three easy pays - I lack willpower at times, and Q know how exactly how to tempt us!

You have to watch a bit to keep up with what's happening on the forum, after all, the forum is the best bit about enduring the presenters, crap fashion and virtually every other product - how would we survive without it!
Me too, was it the druzy one?

Partly, as others have said, to keep up with what's going on to discuss later on the forum!

Partly because, I spend a lot of the day in pain & bored stupid & shouting 'No it doesn't you silly c*w!', 'Are you bl**dy mad???' & 'Who the hell in their right mind would see that & think *says in squeaky mocking tone* Ooh, how lovely, I gotta get me one of them!' saves me snapping at OH even more frequently than I do already, or throwing things at the nearest wall in temper & frustration.......!

Yeah. I don't buy much. Mostly just the above occurs. Hhmm. LOL

Latest posts

Back