Yankee Candles TSV 24/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard that bakery air wasn't unpleasant and was simply yet another bakery scent that was similar to their current cookie esque scents but was light.

This is my dilemma as I do like all the baking smell ones. If it's true about salted caramel or curry, though, I'll be disappointed but I suppose I could put it on eBay if I don't like it. If the trio were a few quid cheaper, it would be an easier decision.

Everywhere you go its either salted caramel or pulled pork, really gets on my nerves! Sorry for the rant :mysmilie_10:

Yeah! I never liked pork much to begin with, and why balance the smooth sugary goodness of caramel with salt?! Leave my sweet sugary caramel alone!

As with all food trends we'll look back in 20 years and laugh.

You can re-use the plastic cups and 2 tarts go in there. When melted they are exactly the size of a melt cup. You can also melt a votive in there as long as you remember to fish out the metal bit when molten. I also scoop out the last bit of wax at the bottom of large jar candles and melt the wax in a melt cup on the scenterpiece. All of the different waxes slide out when popped in the freezer for a bit.

Hi Weathergirl. Re the votives in your Scenterpiece please don't scoop those metal bits out when melted as I'd hate for you to burn yourself. Just cut the votive straight down the middle when you've unwrapped it. Pop the point of a knife in the hole where the wick comes out and push down, it will fall into two halves easily and then you can just pull the wick and metal base straight out, all ready for your meltcup.

Tbh with the selling early I get lots of emails for future Tsvs to buy early and have for last few Yankee ones. Wonder if I will on this one too.

Just ordered my AD. Unusually it is every 80 days. Off to bed now!

I suppose that's because they have to get all the 4 deliveries in by the end of the year and they are starting late as its nearly April. Last year's large jars TSV with ADs was in January.

Night, Mazza!

I have gone right off yankee candles large jars , somehow the throw just isn't working in my lounge and what ever I do I can't stop them tunneling.
The last large jar I brought, I trimmed the wick and burnt it for well over 5 hours and the wax still didn't reach the edge of the jar.
I have also stopped buying ones I haven't already checked out on the DHS as I find as I get older I am becoming more and more fussy about the scents I have around me, not only in candles but washing powder and conditioner along with soap.
I now buy the tarts in the garden center which I can light for a few minutes or several hours.
I know I am not getting the value of the TSV but I am saving money in the long term as I would never spend over £40.00 in one go on them.

i think you have a point madmax. i dont like buying blind ad i believe you will always get a dud buying in sets. the autodelivery was a wakeup call with the christmas scents being very disapointing. most of the candles have little throw which is the whole point of investing in a large yankee jar

I haven't bothered but will buy Autumn and perhaps summer if they come us as a single purchase. I much prefer our winter releases to theirs though.

Has anyone tried the Yankee electric plug-in things and, if so, any comments as to value and strength? They had an Auto Delivery set on in the launch show but I think they quickly sold out.

I am so so tired of Yankee candles tsv's it's unreal, they can be bought anywhere in the UK and sometimes cheaper than q. I just feel that QVC are giving us the same TSVs all the time across the various ranges with boring regularity.

Has anyone tried the Yankee electric plug-in things and, if so, any comments as to value and strength? They had an Auto Delivery set on in the launch show but I think they quickly sold out.

I know a Fireman. He says he wouldn't touch these plug in air fresheners with a barge pole. He thinks they are very dangerous, especially if you leave them on when you go out.

I know a Fireman. He says he wouldn't touch these plug in air fresheners with a barge pole. He thinks they are very dangerous, especially if you leave them on when you go out.

Well, I didn't expect that answer but I'm glad I asked. Thanks.

Yes at my last house next door neighbour was a fireman and he did not like the plugins, electric blankets and candles

My TSV arrived this evening , pleased with all 3.

Bakery air is a vanilla /cinnamon fragrance ( nothing like salted caramel or curry thankfully). Market blossom reminds me of Yankee's cherry blossom which I love and Catching Ray's is a fresh laundry Frangrance .

Latest posts

Back