Liz Earle TSV 16/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you were to buy the items in this Liz Earle collection individually from QVCUK.com you’d pay £131.50

Skin Repair - £26 direct cost £10.86
Choice of scented Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (200ml) – £34 at Q with 2 cloths* cost £14.21
Choice of scented Body Wash (200ml) - £17 direct cost £7.10
Choice of scented Body Cream (200ml) –£20 direct not the exact fragrance but same size cost £8.36
Instant Boost Skin Tonic (200ml) - £17.50 direct (currently on offer at £14) cost £7.31
Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (100ml) - £17 direct cost £7.11
2 x pure cotton cloths - see above *

Total £131.50 cost £54.95 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for RRP prices & balancing offer.

😂 It’s such a shame…. I loved LE
Yes me too, as soon as superskin moisturiser came out I went off skin repair but would still buy it if the tsv was good, now I am not tempted by any of the other products apart from superskin, and find it easy to resist buying the tsvs, shame how the brand has deteriorated over time but I imagine there are enough new customers who will keep buying

Yes me too, as soon as superskin moisturiser came out I went off skin repair but would still buy it if the tsv was good, now I am not tempted by any of the other products apart from superskin, and find it easy to resist buying the tsvs, shame how the brand has deteriorated over time but I imagine there are enough new customers who will keep buying
I think they are in trouble, but hey I hope I’m wrong.
I love superskin…

I used Liz Earle for over 20 years and bought pretty much every TSV but the changes they made put me off and after the skin tonic fiasco I changed to Elemis, my skin is so much better for it so I for one won’t be reverting back to LE. I think they they lost a lot of customers through this and I agree I think they’re in some trouble.

It just shows how much loyalty the brand has lost when it's the big Christmas TSV in less than two days and we're only on page three of comments on the forum. A few years ago we'd have probably been in double figures.
It's a shame but they've only got themselves to blame really. There's so much choice out there now especially with the boom in online shopping that it just proves that you can't and shouldn't take your customers for granted.

Superdrug have peed me off recently too. I've been using their Simply Pure hydrating serum for years, but the last batch seemed different. A quick look at the reviews online confirmed that they've changed the ingredients and not for the better.
Why do companies do this? They've lost a customer with me and when I was placing an order with them I always added a few extra bits and bobs to make it worthwhile, so they've lost those sales as well now.

I used Liz Earle for over 20 years and bought pretty much every TSV but the changes they made put me off and after the skin tonic fiasco I changed to Elemis, my skin is so much better for it so I for one won’t be reverting back to LE. I think they they lost a lot of customers through this and I agree I think they’re in some trouble.
I went to Elemis too, and like you, my skin looks so much better.

It just shows how much loyalty the brand has lost when it's the big Christmas TSV in less than two days and we're only on page three of comments on the forum. A few years ago we'd have probably been in double figures.
It's a shame but they've only got themselves to blame really. There's so much choice out there now especially with the boom in online shopping that it just proves that you can't and shouldn't take your customers for granted.

Superdrug have peed me off recently too. I've been using their Simply Pure hydrating serum for years, but the last batch seemed different. A quick look at the reviews online confirmed that they've changed the ingredients and not for the better.
Why do companies do this? They've lost a customer with me and when I was placing an order with them I always added a few extra bits and bobs to make it worthwhile, so they've lost those sales as well now.

I was thinking the same…. no excitement or interest at all really. And it’s a very good deal.
Too many changes to much loved products, and not listening to customers. I can see them going under, but as you say, they’ve only got themselves to blame.
The surge In online shopping, especially since covid, means we’ve all got a bit more savvy, and can shop around for the best deal.
LE keep saying they listened to customers, but undoubtedly they saw a massive sales drop…. serves them right.

Brand loyalty these days is folly. I pick and choose from an ever increasing supply of mid range to higher end skincare. From the high street and online. QVC are ok and do deals but I don't always want what they have in thier bundles. So its false economy.

I buy more on their own website than QVC.
Some products are still good.
If they want to get back to where they were, discontinue the fillers in the range and concentrate on the skin staples and reformulate them back to what we liked and stop being so stubborn or the brand will plummet.

Liz Earle was the first skincare I bought from QVC, when it first came out. I loved it, and used it for years. I remember waiting till midnight to see what the TSV’s would be, and ordering them straight away! That was in the days when there was no pre launch, and the contents wouldn’t be revealed beforehand. Oh, the excitement!! Fast forward, and it’s just another brand, and can be bought elsewhere. Cleanse and polish has now lost it’s ( always guaranteed) honour of being voted best cleanser in the Beauty Awards.

Brand loyalty these days is folly. I pick and choose from an ever increasing supply of mid range to higher end skincare. From the high street and online. QVC are ok and do deals but I don't always want what they have in thier bundles. So its false economy.
Same here. I have Aldi hot cloth cleanser in my bathroom next to Elemis cleansing balm.
Totally agree about QVC. If you dont want all the contents of a bundle, it’s not a good deal.

I buy more on their own website than QVC.
Some products are still good.
If they want to get back to where they were, discontinue the fillers in the range and concentrate on the skin staples and reformulate them back to what we liked and stop being so stubborn or the brand will plummet.
Boots always have good deals on LE. And you get points 🤨

Liz Earle was the first skincare I bought from QVC, when it first came out. I loved it, and used it for years. I remember waiting till midnight to see what the TSV’s would be, and ordering them straight away! That was in the days when there was no pre launch, and the contents wouldn’t be revealed beforehand. Oh, the excitement!! Fast forward, and it’s just another brand, and can be bought elsewhere. Cleanse and polish has now lost it’s ( always guaranteed) honour of being voted best cleanser in the Beauty Awards.
The countdown to the midnight shows would be so exciting! My friend and I were both LE fans and both worked nights at our local hospital. If one of us was working the night of the TSV we would anxiously await a phone call to say the other one had bought it! Same with MB and Aveda.

I think it was a big shock for LE when they lost the award this year…. First time ever.. and not surprised it went to Elemis. I think they have picked up a lot of disappointed former LE fans.

The countdown to the midnight shows would be so exciting! My friend and I were both LE fans and both worked nights at our local hospital. If one of us was working the night of the TSV we would anxiously await a phone call to say the other one had bought it! Same with MB and Aveda.

I think it was a big shock for LE when they lost the award this year…. First time ever.. and not surprised it went to Elemis. I think they have picked up a lot of disappointed former LE fans.

I think you're probably correct about that. But it's a shame IMO as Elemis (& L'Occitane) are no longer cruelty free. At least LE have kept to that aspect of their business which I do give them credit for despite not using the brand anymore.

I struggled to afford Liz Earle other than in TSV offers etc, unless given to me...

But I think Elemis is even more expensive so I’d be surprised if many customers have gone in that direction?

Glad it suits your skin.
Maybe one when I have the funds, I’ll try Elemis!
(Have tried the PCMC but I didn’t like it at all luckily!)

I struggled to afford Liz Earle other than in TSV offers etc, unless given to me...

But I think Elemis is even more expensive so I’d be surprised if many customers have gone in that direction?

Glad it suits your skin.
Maybe one when I have the funds, I’ll try Elemis!
(Have tried the PCMC but I didn’t like it at all luckily!)
I think a lot of customers are being more savvy with their beauty purchases. Rather than brand loyalty, customers are shopping around for the best alternatives. Take C&P… the TSV is saying a tube plus 2 cloths is £34.. Aldi dupe is £2.99/£3.99 with a cloth. If you buy two, you save £60 which pays for the Elemis PCMC.
Plus, I think LE lost a lot of trust when they denied they had meddled with products and then had to own up…
Personally, the PCMC really suits my skin, and is the best moisturiser I’ve ever used, I just need to get it at a bargain price!

Latest posts

Back