Liz Earle TSV 16/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not buying as I would only use half of the products. I cannot give the other products away as the bottles/tubes look cheap. I would have ordered if the new bitter orange was an option.
I like the orange flower. I do buy the body wash but I have loads, as I get it from boots when they do a good offer.

I struggled to afford Liz Earle other than in TSV offers etc, unless given to me...

But I think Elemis is even more expensive so I’d be surprised if many customers have gone in that direction?

Glad it suits your skin.
Maybe one when I have the funds, I’ll try Elemis!
(Have tried the PCMC but I didn’t like it at all luckily!)

Most of my Elemis TSVs have come from birthday/Xmas presents or money given to me for these occasions and whereas I would buy most LE TSVs or be given them as gifts, I’ll will pick and chose my Elemis ones now I have found what suits my skin and what’s not made any difference. I would certainly never pay the full price of the individual items, especially for example £95 for the latest serum 😳
Brand loyalty these days is folly. I pick and choose from an ever increasing supply of mid range to higher end skincare. From the high street and online. QVC are ok and do deals but I don't always want what they have in thier bundles. So its false economy.
I agree, I’m using some Elemis products but also have the Aldi cleanse and polish dupe and at the moment using Boots own brand of rose facial oil which was £2.50, previous to that I was using the Aldi rose oil but like all things in Aldi it seems to go out of stock quickly and you can’t get it again.
I think a lot of customers are being more savvy with their beauty purchases. Rather than brand loyalty, customers are shopping around for the best alternatives. Take C&P… the TSV is saying a tube plus 2 cloths is £34.. Aldi dupe is £2.99/£3.99 with a cloth. If you buy two, you save £60 which pays for the Elemis PCMC.
Plus, I think LE lost a lot of trust when they denied they had meddled with products and then had to own up…
Personally, the PCMC really suits my skin, and is the best moisturiser I’ve ever used, I just need to get it at a bargain price!
I’m certainly more savvy with my beauty purchases besides skincare I’m no longer loyal to any one particular make up brand. Previously I used to use mainly Bareminerals and also Benefit, but there are cheaper versions now that do pretty much the same. I’ve stuck with Bareminerals foundation, but for example I now use Wilko own brand brow gel costing £2-£3, which in my view is comparable to Benefits Gimmebrow which costs about £20.

I am not buying as I would only use half of the products. I cannot give the other products away as the bottles/tubes look cheap. I would have ordered if the new bitter orange was an option.
That’s the thing. I can’t unsee how cheap some of the tubes look after someone on here commented ages ago.

I'd like to try elemis but not sure where to start. I still use cleanse and polish, but was thinking more of a moisturiser.
Look at the Christmas TSV when it comes out. There’s always a moisturiser included and you get to try other products.

I’m a big fan of Aldi’s Lacura skin care range. The hot cloth cleanser is perfect for my skin - not drying, doesn’t leave my skin ‘tight’. I don’t know about other products but I’ve just checked the tube and it has the leaping bunny on it, plus says it’s suitable for vegetarians & vegans. It comes boxed with a muslin cloth.

It’s well worth trying and cheap enough to throw out or give it to your sister/daughter/mum if you don’t like it.

I’m a big fan of Aldi’s Lacura skin care range. The hot cloth cleanser is perfect for my skin - not drying, doesn’t leave my skin ‘tight’. I don’t know about other products but I’ve just checked the tube and it has the leaping bunny on it, plus says it’s suitable for vegetarians & vegans. It comes boxed with a muslin cloth.

It’s well worth trying and cheap enough to throw out or give it to your sister/daughter/mum if you don’t like it.
I think all Aldi’s beauty products have the leaping bunny.

Im using that hot cloth cleanser at the moment and really like it.

Just checked and the TSV didn’t sell out…. although a few options are now on advance order.
It was a very good deal, and I’m really surprised all options are still available.
Is this a sign of the times with the cost of living, or another indication that all is not well with LE?

Just checked and the TSV didn’t sell out…. although a few options are now on advance order.
It was a very good deal, and I’m really surprised all options are still available.
Is this a sign of the times with the cost of living, or another indication that all is not well with LE?
think its more to do with the fragrance choices more than anything

Elemis have moved into many larger Boots and a counter with staff. The one opening in mine is beginning of next month. They will have the skin black light scanner, I know the woman who is going to be the manager. I said so can I expect samples, and she said you come to me and I will give you samples. When we had the counter in Debenhams where she did work, they always kept it simple for customers but if you wanted more of course they will advise. Unlike Keeley throwing every thing but the kitchen sink at you from the get go.

Elemis have moved into many larger Boots and a counter with staff. The one opening in mine is beginning of next month. They will have the skin black light scanner, I know the woman who is going to be the manager. I said so can I expect samples, and she said you come to me and I will give you samples. When we had the counter in Debenhams where she did work, they always kept it simple for customers but if you wanted more of course they will advise. Unlike Keeley throwing every thing but the kitchen sink at you from the get go.
I did see that boots sell Elemis online….currently 20% off and a free toner if you spend £50.
I think Keeley goes for product overload.. I know she’s paid to flog the brand, but your skin needs to get used to products

I swap my skin care around so my skin doesn’t get used to it, but I buy cheaper brands. This isn’t because I can’t afford the prestige brands, because I’m fortunate in the fact that I can, but the expensive brands are no better than the cheaper ones on my skin. The before and after photos on QVC never look any different to me.

Also, if there was a brand that really halted the look of ageing, then there would only be one brand on the market, not hundreds. I honestly think that drinking plenty of water, not sunbathing and good genes are what dictates how or how fast our skin ages.

Topical skincare, to support that process, doesn’t need to break the bank (in my opinion.)

I’ve been using the hair oil, it’s excellent, unfortunately I see it’s out of stock everywhere, let’s hope it’s re packaged rather than reformulated.
I have some stockpiled but I hope they don’t discontinue. It’s brilliant.

I see that now the TSV is over, boots have reintroduced the 3 for 2 on LE…. And the Bourbon and clove bodywash and body cream have reappeared in the outlet section on the LE website at 30% off.

Also, the lavender and rose skin tonic is on offer at £10 today only in boots

Latest posts

Back