Australian Bodycare TSV 7/5/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The funny thing is I just checked to see if mine was being despatched and while I was looking I noticed the last thing I ordered from QVC was on 07/9/13 and it was the ABC skin wash. I knew it had been a while since I ordered from QVC but didn't realise it was that long ago, it looks like I have managed to rid myself of my QVC habit I just need to do the same with IW.:mysmilie_17:

I ordered mine first thing this morning, it seem to be the best value tsv we have had in a long time.

I ordered mine at the midnight launch and on my account it`s been showing in process until 5 minutes ago and now it says shipped. I`m hoping I like it because if not, then my OH will be using an awful lot of body wash lol and he`d rather use a bar of soap !

I ordered mine first thing this morning, it seem to be the best value tsv we have had in a long time.

Could not agree more! I ordered mine Monday evening and it arrived today, well packed as well, great value, and good to give the balm a try, I would not have tried the range had it not been for the great reviews on this forum, so thanks folks!

Mine arrived this morning too. I'm really pleased with it. Great value and lots of products.

Mine arrived this morning and there was a big hole pushed into the side of the box and the balm had its lid off. Luckily nothing was missing or damaged. My Hermes guy said it was in such a state when he collected it and I believe him because he had another box for me from a different company which was in perfect condition. It looks as if someone had pushed their fingers through the cardboard and had tried to remove something without actually opening the top of the box. Anyway I`ll give the body wash a try tonight and see if I like it.

V, if the TSV is a keeper but you're worried about the balm being contaminated you could order the single item balm, do the switch, :bandit: and return the suspect balm under the Distance Selling Regs http://www.qvcuk.com/Australian-Bod...tml?sc=AZMHB&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-205192 Doing this avoids the dilemma of keeping or returning the whole TSV set for the sake of a single item. In an ideal world (no pun intended) QVC CS would offer to send out the single item when a pricey collection has an item missing or faulty if they have that product available as an individual item.

If you decide the TSV isn't for you, contact CS and explain the damaged packaging and they should arrange a collection.

Thanks akimbo. I think the balm will be ok because even though the lid was floating around loose inside the box, the balm has one of those plastic tops on it too and this was intact. My hubby uses tea tree soap, he`s old fashioned and believes proper men don`t use new fangled shower gel but a bar of soap, comes from being a miner for 30 years lol so if I dislike the body wash then it`s time for him to move into the 21st century and he can use it.

Your hubby is right about using soap. It is environmentally much more friendly as the amount of bars of soap that can be loaded into a container in terms of washing power are much greater than the same container being filled with bottles of liquid soap to do the same amount of washes. The bottles of soap also use more plastic and materials than the soap wrappers.
I do think we have been conned by the soap in bottles. The only places where I think it is justified is public buildings and health places such as hospitals.

I think there`s a time and a place for both ILS. I`ve lost count of the number of times my OH has left his soap bar sitting in a puddle and its turned into a yukky gooey mess only suitable for the bin which makes it wasteful. Also whenever we go away I end up leaving partly used bars of his soap in hotel rooms because even in a soap box the soap gets bashed about or the lid comes off the box and your other toiletries end up covered in soap mess. Liquid shower wash is less messy and more portable I think. Some bar soap are very soft and fall to pieces too. I have both in the house, OH uses bar soap for his shower, I use liquid, I also have some lovely marseille bar soaps I use now and again but they`re expensive and often liquid body wash does work out cheaper than a luxury bar soap. Granted the everyday bars such as Wrights, Fairy, Knights Castille etc are cheap but the soap my OH uses is £1.50 for a tiny 75gram bar and if it turns to mush because he`s left it in a puddle that`s money down the drain, literally.

I use simple soap about £1 for 4 250grms when on special offer as I have to use unperfumed soaps most of the time. I put the soap from hotels in a plastic bag to take home. Interestingly we were in a 5* resort last year and when I got half way through the soap at home I discovered that it did not !at her so well and I suspect the core was a cheaper soap as they do not expect clients to finish the bar of soap.
I have soap dishes with drain holes in them at home, quite difficult to find which means the soap drains after it has been used. The best soap dishes have drain holes and then a removable drain tray underneath (like a crumb tray under a toaster).
The only place I have liquid soap is the kitchen so that when I come in the the garden, I can click on the soap dispenser and flick the lever up on the tap to wash dirty hands.

I can't believe how much I love the balm. I thought it was a bit of a wishy washy product when it was first brought to air, but now I have one and I used it last night, I think it's great. I tweeted ABC, cos I'd love it in a solid stick balm (like Ultralip).

I had a shower in the skin wash last night (and washed my face in it), I also used the balm on my lips and I made a tea tree spritzer to 'freshen up' the shoes we need in a cupboard by the door. I've put the other skin wash in the bathroom and I've put the wipes away to take with me to Tunisia last week because I've had those before and love them.

I honestly can't rate this TSV enough. It's fab.

I can't believe how much I love the balm. I thought it was a bit of a wishy washy product when it was first brought to air, but now I have one and I used it last night, I think it's great. I tweeted ABC, cos I'd love it in a solid stick balm (like Ultralip).

I had a shower in the skin wash last night (and washed my face in it), I also used the balm on my lips and I made a tea tree spritzer to 'freshen up' the shoes we need in a cupboard by the door. I've put the other skin wash in the bathroom and I've put the wipes away to take with me to Tunisia last week because I've had those before and love them.

Mine hasn't even been shipped yet and now you've made me really impatient for it lol!! What is the balm for use wise is it just for lips?

Mine hasn't even been shipped yet and now you've made me really impatient for it lol!! What is the balm for use wise is it just for lips?

I think I would only use it on my lips, or maybe my nails & cuticles too actually.

Might be good to use on elbows, feet etc too.

Hmmm, soap v gel. Well, my experience with soap hasn't been that great. I was told by my GP to wash hands with soap away from running water, until the bar is dry-ish again - this avoids soggy soap syndrome and ensures that my hands are properly clean. Any less time with the bar means hands are not really clean apparently. So, for hands great, but...

I have a long indented scar that was getting irritated for no reason I could see. I went off to the doctor who suggested I stop using soap as the pH level was likely the irritant. I swapped to shower gel and bingo! No problem. Being curious, though, I decided to see if it actually was the soap so switched back again et voila, more irritation. I did this several times over the course of a few months and it seems it was definitely the soap causing the irritation.

I still love and use soaps but have learned to make sure that I re-wash over any sensitive bits with shower gel and, as I also suffer with dry skin (which also seems dryer with soap use), I make sure I use a good lotion afterwards.

Would like to know how you made the tea tree spritzer, could be useful:happy

Would like to know how you made the tea tree spritzer, could be useful:happy

It's really easy (unless I'm doing it totally wrong), but I put a few drops in a spray bottle (mine is from a travel size set of toiletry bottles designed for toner I think) and added water. Shake the bottle before use (because I noticed the oil separates slightly) and then spritz where you like :)

If you bought the TSV (or it might come with the pure oil in general), there was a guide to illustrate how many parts oil to water was appropriate, but I'll be honest I just picked myself.

my tsv arrived without the balm in the box, got to wait 2 weeks now for QVC to send it to me...

Latest posts

Back