General P&P Moan!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisygirl

Registered Shopper
Thought I'd have a little moan about P&P - both the cost and time it takes stuff to get to you. Firstly, I regularly buy things from websites and you either get free delivery - and goods at a reasonable price, or cheaper-than-QVC delivery charges, plus it arrives in some cases the next day or, more usually two or three days later MAX!!! For example I ordered some shower gel from The Green People website, it was around 11am, and arrived in the post the next morning! It cost £2.45 P&P and you can get your very first order free P&P!!!! (no I don't work for them lol). So why can't QVC do the same? Also Cheapsmells P&P is extremely reasonable and quick (even cheaper P&P £1.95 I think it was) and that's from the Channel Islands for heaven's sake!!!
Edit - just checked and one item (not a gift set - was £0.95 and a gift set was £1.95!!!)

I'm still waiting for a delivery - a small Alpha-H package containing small trial size products, £3.45 P&P - that I made on QCut on Sunday evening, I envisage delivery on Friday :wonder: and that's being optimistic:wink:

Last edited:
Daisygirl - I have had the same p&p moan this week - i ordered six seperate items from QVC and when i worked out the p&p it was in in the region of £24!! - i suppose some of the p&p is for insurance re parcel going missing etc but that said QVC p&p charges are very high - and there are very few free p&p offers:devil:

I think the high P&P charges are to cover for people who return things under the 30 day MBG.

Fair enough, you can return things to other websites but not opened/used perfume, make-up, cosmetics etc and not clothes and shoes that have actually been worn rather than just quickly tried on.

I buy from QVC as I like to try beauty products/make-up out for a good couple of weeks to see if they suit my skin & make sure I'm not going to react to them, and whilst I rarely buy fashion I did buy my Emu boots from QVC - I need to wear footwear for a full day including going outside and driving before I know whether they are going to be comfy or not.

Anything I buy from QVC now is usually something new I want to try (got the Clarasonic recently) and I am prepared to pay extra P&P to try it for the best part of a month. For repeat purchases, I shop round and buy elsewhere.

I have returned quite a lot to QVC and the P&P for both ways does add up, but still better than keeping for example a £120 pair of boots that are too uncomfy to wear.

I know people will quote the 'letter' now but as mentioned I do return a fair bit and have never been contacted by them about it YET - so will continue to do so.

Don't get me wrong as I still get annoyed by the high P&P, especially on items which weigh next to nothing ie jewellery, Kipling bags etc but I can understand the reasoning behind it, and I'd rather pay it with the option to return rather than have free or cheap P&P and end up stuck with things I can't use.

I also think that as more and more people cotton on to DSR QVC may have to reduce their P&P, as they now have to refund it they will be the ones forking out!

I don't think even with the 30day MBG the P&P can be justified. For the P&P they charge the goods should be posted first class and arrive within a few days. Sometimes the orders are in process for two or three days and it's at least a week often more before the items are received.

Last edited:
THis forum wouldn't be the same without a thread about P & P! Yes Daisygirl you are right cheapsmells P & P is reasonable and their stuff is cheaper. I ordered 4 things from BCC night have so far only received two, admittedly the orders were made on thursday as opposed to wednesday night (website down as per) but I should have received them all by now.

I don't think even with the 30day MBG the P&P can be justified. For the P&P they charge the goods should be posted first class and arrive within a few days.
I do agree with you, LE Lover... For the prices charged for p&p, the items should be sent 1st class & not 2nd class..... thats even more money that qvc make out of us! :bandit:

The p&p prices very often put me off buying something, I either look elsewhere or just do without. I would buy quite a lot more if p&p were much more realistic. QVC should be able to to get a discount from the Royal Mail or whichever mail/courier companies they use.

I don't think even with the 30day MBG the P&P can be justified. For the P&P they charge the goods should be posted first class and arrive within a few days. Sometimes the orders are in process for two or three days and it's at least a week often more before the items are received.

I do agree regarding first class postage, & delivery should be much quicker whether via Royal Mail or courier. If some one man band flea-bay seller can get goods out within a couple of days then QVC should definitely be able to!

I get as cross about the P & P as the next woman, but I do wonder if that's to pay for the free phone calls...I use Q cut or the internet but for those people who like or need to speak to someone on the other end and there's a queue it could cost a bit...

I get as cross about the P & P as the next woman, but I do wonder if that's to pay for the free phone calls...I use Q cut or the internet but for those people who like or need to speak to someone on the other end and there's a queue it could cost a bit...

Apart from the p&p reducing my orders, my daughter works shifts including nights and I worry that the delivery will be whilst she is sleeping. Even though we have a sign up outside, the postman still knocked recently because he needed a signature, he was profusely apologetic though :doh: All in all my ordering has dramatically reduced.

Just bought a load of stuff off amazon and got it all in one parcel with free p and p and it took 3 days to get to me, I know that I will be doing a fair bit of my Christmas shopping with them and not with QVC!

I've just purchased a big order from Hawkins Bazaar (toys) for kids xmas and paid £4.99 delivery, seems a lot but up until 24th Dec, I can now order more which I plan on doing, with free delivery as many times as I like as long as the minimum order is £10. This will work out so helpful as theres lots of things to buy for lots of different people and it'll take the hastle out of choosing etc. I think thats a very fair deal. And I've already used Amazon for other things, so after my recent debarcle re QVC delivery, BYE BYE QVC.

Latest posts

Back