Julia Roberts and Valentines Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmm. My little (old) gold ring means that Valentine's Day now happily passes us by like all the other commercial days, Mother's Day, Father's Day etc etc, because we're secure enough in our relationship not to need all these commercial trappings and publicity stunts. Every day counts as much as the next and the one before and for that I'm very grateful. But if these days give anyone joy, so be it. I just don't think it's essential in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think anyone, slebs or wannabe slebs included, should have to self-censor for those who can't celebrate Valentine's Day, or any other day. By this standard, we would not be able to share the joy of becoming parents, grandparents or other emotionally important happy events.
I am no fan of Julia, but I welcome her posting about being happy. Not everything has to reference doom and gloom and suffering, or even acknowledge it.

I suppose that’s were there are different types of people. I love my family more than words could ever describe, I live and breath for them. Quite a few times I’ve held back from putting on here what I have because I’m aware there are people who have nothing, or are suffering for one reason or another, or who are grieving so I don’t want to be rubbing my blessings in their face. JR gushes about her life in part, if if not all, to gain more followers because more followers means more money, more book sales. There’s not one ounce of humility in JR, or on QVC or from any presenter on it. I do care a lot about the suffering of any living thing, about people who don’t have what they need, maybe I’m too sensitive but I do care, maybe I care too much, but I’d never want to make anyone be jealous of me or what I have, I can’t understand why anyone would..........but that’s just me.

Julia is a show off and has this idea that everyone is interested in her life. She obviously has this need to tell the world how wonderful she is and of course her perfect family.

Exactly that Bb ❤️🙏😘

Julia is in my opinion a shallow, selfish woman. She posts in a very public way on Instagram and says we call all celebrate as we wish and she is spreading a smile. Well, I make no apology for how I feel. Share that smile with your friends and family. At least you know what is going on in their lives. The fact is there have been approximately 118,000 deaths to date from Covid, double the civilian deaths during the Blitz. She doesn’t need to spread a smile to an anonymous public. These are unprecedented times with thousands suffering their grief but she in her misguided way feels that she is doing her bit by making people smile. I know that people see where she is coming from but I see her coming from a different direction. Irrespective of what may be happening the overriding thing for her is to highlight the joy chez Roberts. Like she did her bit distributing and photographing her strategically placed books in her local telephone box library at the beginning of the first lockdown. She was is so public spirited, I salute her.

Last edited:
Julia is in my opinion a shallow, selfish woman. She posts in a very public way on Instagram and says we call all celebrate as we wish and she is spreading a smile. Well, I make no apology for how I feel. Share that smile with your friends and family. At least you know what is going on in their lives. The fact is there have been approximately 118,000 deaths to date from Covid, double the civilian deaths during the Blitz. She doesn’t need to spread a smile to an anonymous public. These are unprecedented times with thousands suffering their grief but she in her misguided way feels that she is doing her bit by making people smile. I know that people see where she is coming from but I see her coming from a different direction. Irrespective of what may be happening the overriding thing for her is to highlight the joy chez Roberts. Like she did her bit distributing and photographing her strategically placed books in her local telephone box library at the beginning of the first lockdown. She was is so public spirited, I salute her.
I really really don’t understand why you would follow her on Instagram if you dislike her so much?!

My grandmother was the most wonderful person I've ever known. She left her country, & everyone she loved, to save her life. She never talked about her past, lived totally for the moment & her most used expression was 'The magic of ordinary days'. I asked her why she said this so often & her reply was that it was the small things that provide the wonder in life, they can be seen everywhere & you didn't have to shout about them just appreciate them. She stayed away from show offs because she found them to be shallow people only interested in themselves & what they had.

I really really don’t understand why you would follow her on Instagram if you dislike her so much?!
I don't follow anyone on Instagram, too old to join after retiring from school, too much respect for my boss when I was there. However, I do look at some posts from those I like & JR's is available to all. Even though I'm no longer a QVC customer I still look at some of their blogs, my excuse being that it's research for this forum, being totally honest it's because I'm nosy ;)

My grandmother was the most wonderful person I've ever known. She left her country, & everyone she loved, to save her life. She never talked about her past, lived totally for the moment & her most used expression was 'The magic of ordinary days'. I asked her why she said this so often & her reply was that it was the small things that provide the wonder in life, they can be seen everywhere & you didn't have to shout about them just appreciate them. She stayed away from show offs because she found them to be shallow people only interested in themselves & what they had.
I'm going to have 'The Magic of Ordinary Days' engraved on something that I can attach to my store keys as a reminder that no matter how difficult the customers are or how impossible the targets I'm given, there is always magic in ordinary days.

Thank you xx

i Love Chocolate I don’t follow her on Instagram. I have the occasional read for much the same reasons as Twilight and like her I am not a follower. I have been a QVC viewer since the beginning and over the years some presenters have spoilt the experience to the point that I can barely watch. But really, I can read what I want, write my views just as much as the next person. Julia Roberts can write her views, I can write mine. You can wonder why I watch and read and that’s fine. I can watch, read and comment and that’s s fine too,

Honestly ? QVC became 100% worse SINCE the advent of social media. Before then, it was just texts scrolling across the bottom of the screen, or viewer phone calls. But there was none of the nonsense we have to endure from the presenters now.

Her post just came over as rather smug to me. One of the other presenters mentioned Valentines Day on Facebook and just wished their other half a good day. They then went on to wish others a good day whether you’re with someone, alone, have happy memories or pets. That felt much more thoughtful and well considered.

I made comments about Julia in the past and completely agree with Evie, although everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you remember I mentioned that her Facebook Quizes were all about her and her ego, and feel vindicated, as following those (maybe gaining followers), book readings followed. Also, throughout the ones I briefly watched, everything is spun about her and her life.

She was a good presenter and occassionally still is, but her personality and her social media content is narisstistic and shameful.

The way she was with Alison, following her treatment and illness, flicking her hair and flirting, was beyond disgusting.

Anyway, may sound bitchy, but for all she poses and goes on about how great her life is....well, I hope I don't look like her at 64,. She is on now, completely looks her age, has aged so much and notidea what has happened to her body shape...looks like a round ball, with twig arms and legs, As per usual a top two sizes too small.

Maybe with her depreciating appearance and aging, she feels the needs to post about how much her husband loves her - someone has to.

I made comments about Julia in the past and completely agree with Evie, although everyone is entitled to their opinions.

If you remember I mentioned that her Facebook Quizes were all about her and her ego, and feel vindicated, as following those (maybe gaining followers), book readings followed. Also, throughout the ones I briefly watched, everything is spun about her and her life.

She was a good presenter and occassionally still is, but her personality and her social media content is narisstistic and shameful.

The way she was with Alison, following her treatment and illness, flicking her hair and flirting, was beyond disgusting.

Anyway, may sound bitchy, but for all she poses and goes on about how great her life is....well, I hope I don't look like her at 64,. She is on now, completely looks her age, has aged so much and notidea what has happened to her body shape...looks like a round ball, with twig arms and legs, As per usual a top two sizes too small.

Maybe with her depreciating appearance and aging, she feels the needs to post about how much her husband loves her - someone has to.
I caught sight of her in that Denim & Co top (looks far too tight) spouting about how she wears a medium in the Ahh Bra..........🤐🤐

I caught sight of her in that Denim & Co top (looks far too tight) spouting about how she wears a medium in the Ahh Bra..........🤐🤐
I am a size 12/14. I once bought the Ahh Bra in the large. It was so tight and digging into me it was unbearable. If she wears a medium I suspect she may have masochistic tendencies, only joking🤷🏻‍♀️

I think with age, her once famous assets, she always had out and about and flirted with, have lost volume, so maybe she isn't lieing with a medium.

Here's a thought though, knowing how self-obsessed she is... I think we got lucky, her not sharing what she got 'him indoors' for Valentines day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back