Liz Earle TSV on Saturday 17th October 2009

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't know what the fragrant Liz must think of Catherine this evening - bright pink top and bedecked in chavvy jewellery, she looks like a thinner version of Vicky Pollard :talking:

I do like LE but all the stuff is very samey, just different kits in a few different sizes but basically the same half a dozen items. I didn't go for this and it hasn't sold out yet so I'm wondering if it has done as well as usual for a TSV.

^^No I don't see why having a full size Superskin product in a tsv should add on an extra tenner. Tsvs are all about making a one off special deal for us customers. I don't see why Liz cannot afford to treat us sometimes. After all, WE are the reason she is such a hit today!

Other ranges like Decleor have had multiple full size items in their tsv and were reasonably priced. I especially remember a fantastic Decleor tsv where they had a full size hydra floral, and full size prolagene for around the 40 quid mark! Now that was a bargain!

Also, I am a big fan of Gatineau. . . and everytime I buy a Gatineau tsv we have at least 2 full sizes thrown in for the price of 1, or thereabouts. Why can't Liz do the same with her Superkin range! :doh:

well i wavered and in the end i didn't give in. I really have enough already to last me to the next tsv. it's her first TSV i haven't bought for ages.

as for the skin repair v superskin, i much prefer skin repair it suits my combination skin, i love the smell as well .

^^No I don't see why having a full size Superskin product in a tsv should add on an extra tenner. Tsvs are all about making a one off special deal for us customers. I don't see why Liz cannot afford to treat us sometimes. After all, WE are the reason she is such a hit today!

Other ranges like Decleor have had multiple full size items in their tsv and were reasonably priced. I especially remember a fantastic Decleor tsv where they had a full size hydra floral, and full size prolagene for around the 40 quid mark! Now that was a bargain!

Also, I am a big fan of Gatineau. . . and everytime I buy a Gatineau tsv we have at least 2 full sizes thrown in for the price of 1, or thereabouts. Why can't Liz do the same with her Superkin range! :doh:

You are totally right. But I have always noticed that about the LE TSVs compared to the other brands they are always less money off mil for mil than other ranges sold on QVC. Something like worth £68 mil for mil and its £38 for the TSV, yet Elemis, Gatineau and Decleor are worth £100 plus for the same price of TSV.

...But I have always noticed that about the LE TSVs compared to the other brands they are always less money off mil for mil than other ranges sold on QVC. Something like worth £68 mil for mil and its £38 for the TSV, yet Elemis, Gatineau and Decleor are worth £100 plus for the same price of TSV.

That's very true Donna & one of the reasons I didn't go for this TSV, it's just not that brilliant IMVHO, especially with the unwieldy 200ml tube of C&P & the silly little tiddly one step up from sample sizes of several of the other items!
I don't like the Gold Shimmer stuff & as the world & his wife will shortly be trying to flog that on e***, I don't want to be lumbered with it.....odd that we got the full size in that item.......trying to shift it, eh Liz? lol

That's very true Donna & one of the reasons I didn't go for this TSV, it's just not that brilliant IMVHO, especially with the unwieldy 200ml tube of C&P & the silly little tiddly one step up from sample sizes of several of the other items!
I don't like the Gold Shimmer stuff & as the world & his wife will shortly be trying to flog that on e***, I don't want to be lumbered with it.....odd that we got the full size in that item.......trying to shift it, eh Liz? lol

You're so right about the gold shimmer, i have given up with it, It's about the only LE product that i don't like. Her lip shimmers are great i would rather have had one of those in the tsv. We had one a few years back and i loved it.

Reading the thread, it's interesting how different we all are and what our preferences are. I went for the TSV as I thought it was good value because I'll use it all. Personally, I'm not into the bags/boxes so any basic packaging suits me fine. I'm now using the Superskin moisturiser most days, and using the Skin Repair on other days, so I don't mind getting another Skin Repair. I also don't mind the little sizes! So all in all, looking forward to getting the TSV.

I personally never, ever use body creams or shower gels. I prefer soap and a body cream has to go a fair way on my body! lol so I usually give them away to my daughters, I keep the other stuff so we all have a little treat :flower::flower::flower::flower:

I didn't go for it - I went on the LE website and got the superskin body cream which I have wanted to try for ages + the gentle face exfoliator, I know I will use them.
I have to say that watching Debbie slather on the gold shimmer over her decollete made me realise what a waste of space the gold shimmer is - I can get that effect by a good old workout!

You're so right about the gold shimmer, i have given up with it, It's about the only LE product that i don't like. Her lip shimmers are great i would rather have had one of those in the tsv. We had one a few years back and i loved it.

If anyone is after a body lotion with gold shimmer I highly recommend the JLO one. Have tried the LE one and in comparison the LE one was not moisturising at all (though in fairness I'm not sure that it is marketed as being so).

If anyone is after a body lotion with gold shimmer I highly recommend the JLO one. Have tried the LE one and in comparison the LE one was not moisturising at all (though in fairness I'm not sure that it is marketed as being so).

The only one I've ever tried that I liked (at all!) was the Next Cashmere one, which doesn't shimmer much either.......but it does smell nice! lol

I was treated to a trip to Liz's London shop today and absolutely fell in love with the new perfume! It's the first time in many years that I have found a perfume that really suits me. After the first few minutes of the citrus smell it reminded me a little of aromtaics elixir (although more modern) but then it changed again and I love the smell it settles into.How long before she produces a matching body cream,do you think? I got a peppermint foot scrub as my freebie,which will be lovely to use before I go into hospital. The shop is about 3 times larger than the Isle of wight one and was quite busy-I couldn't believe how many people bought the perfume whilst I was there. There is a lovely display out where you can smell all the individual ingredients which my little boy loved. Topped off by a trip around Muji and Peter Jones and then Pizza Express. I very rarely get out,hence my excitement and need to share lol!

Last edited:
That sounds like an absolutely fab day SuziQ & right up my street! :cool2:
Bet your little boy will sleep well tonight, I'd be worn out myself after all that! lol

I hope all goes well SuziQ. :flower:xxx

Aww thanks! Not looking forward to it,but it's been a long haul this year in my battle against bowel cancer and I am desperately hoping this will be the last surgery.I have been warned that recovery will be slow but luckily I'm not working at the moment so at least I don't have the worry of being off sick.Just hope I am well enough to make Christmas special for my children!

Latest posts

Back