It's Not All About You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow her on Twitter but I did have a look some time ago and noticed she frequently tweeted about having a poo and farting. Weird. :dull:

It's an obsession with her but given that she mentions that she tweets an awful lot about the above and vomit as well I assume it is something contrived to get attention.
It's unpleasant as well as weird :movie:

Bit disturbing then isn't it ? Any attention is worth getting even negative attention. What kind of mentality has she got one wonders ? That kind of toilet talk is hilarious when you are at school but in a grown woman is low, degrading & pathetic.:taphead:

CH appears to have read this and is very saddened by how hurtful it is.
Haven't seen clip so no comment on that but I do find the repeated (no pun intended) wind/toilet/vomit tweets inappropriate and quite horrible.

Since I'm grumbling already, I don't like the sales pitch trotted out for the eclips (she was doing really well at flogging it until this) and the identical one was used by her last year coming up to Christmas about buy something you want and ask peeps for a contribution toward it instead of a present. I'm so uptight about asking anyone for anything (even not going to cost a penny things) it makes me shudder. Besides I only have Mrs Bates and the hell hounds who buy for me and there isn't much point in asking a dim witted pug for some dosh :grin:

CH appears to have read this and is very saddened by how hurtful it is.
Haven't seen clip so no comment on that but I do find the repeated (no pun intended) wind/toilet/vomit tweets inappropriate and quite horrible.

How do you know she has read this may I ask.?

I don't follow her on Twitter but I did have a look some time ago and noticed she frequently tweeted about having a poo and farting. Weird. :dull:

Snap couldn't believe what I read, thought if this is tweeting I'll not be bothering. :blush:

Snap couldn't believe what I read, thought if this is tweeting I'll not be bothering. :blush:

There are some great tweeters out there bags. I resisted following Stephen Fry but he's actually good fun. Being honest I follow stores or stuff looking for offers or new stock notifications, sad muppet that I am.
I think I omit the social in social networking :cheeky:

I'm afraid the lady is not for me. I find her faux sweetness off-putting and I feel (could be wrong! ) that it hides a core of steel. She disguises hard sell tactics with a sweety voice and smile. NO!!! I'm not a complete imbecile! I know if I want to buy something and I won't be coerced into it by Miss Chuntley waffling on. I don't care what she tweets about because I don't do tweeting, but I do watch QVC and I object to being patronised.
I don't often comment on presenters, but she has really pi**ed me off!

I didn't think there was a problem with the presentation tbh. It might have been different if she was presenting the show on her own and nobody was talking the customers through the product, and similarly if she repeatedly did this with every item she presented. She obviously LOVED those earrings for some reason, I thought they were nice enough but certainly not stunning , she let herself get a bit carried away, which was perhaps rather "unprofessional" but I'm prepared to forgive her just this once!

Farting...just my sense of humour, so if anything she's gone UP in my estimation lol!

Sorry but Tova couldn't get a word in.

I'd cut her slack if it was just one item, but she was the same with the 'new face Julia', who kept having to interject with jewellery terms.

"Amazed at how hurtful some people on internet forums can be..... Really feeling very saddened by it. Live and let live I say" another tweet to somebody "Thanks I'm sure I'm being too sensitive if only they knew , Glad I've been brought up to treat others how I'd like to be treated. Well she is followed by and follows Leighton Denny who too took to twitter to attack us good folk. read her tweets here's the link http://twitter.com/thehuntley . SILLY PETTY BINT!

Yes people on internet forums can be hurtful but Catherine is on TV and can't expect to only have positive comments made about her. If she regularly reads this forum she knows it can be critical.She rarely receives any criticism on here as she appears to have a lot of people who find her sweet and genuine.

A few years ago a site was set up for children and parents to rate their teachers. As teachers, we had not chosen to put ourselves in the public eye. We often looked at the site out of curiosity and were shocked at some of the disgusting comments that were made and allowed to be written. Far worse than anything said on here. We had no right of reply and our reputations were allowed to be rubbished by a few disgruntled kids and equally vitriolic parents. Of course, in our minds the negative comments cancelled out any of the positive ones as they were very upsetting. What did we do? we got over it and got on with our jobs.

My point is, there is horrible stuff allowed to be written about people who have no desire to be on TV . Catherine on the other hand has chosen that path, and therefore has to expect that not everyone on a forum devoted to watching and commenting on shopping telly will have the same opinions as a sycophantic T caller who is going to stroke her ego.

In my opinion nothing on this thread is particularly offensive. Big deal people didn't like the way she presented a show and others,including myself, don't find her comments about pooing and farting hilarious or classy. I think she should get a grip and be grateful that she gets off very lightly compared to other presenters.

Yes people on internet forums can be hurtful but Catherine is on TV and can't expect to only have positive comments made about her. If she regularly reads this forum she knows it can be critical.She rarely receives any criticism on here as she appears to have a lot of people who find her sweet and genuine.

A few years ago a site was set up for children and parents to rate their teachers. As teachers, we had not chosen to put ourselves in the public eye. We often looked at the site out of curiosity and were shocked at some of the disgusting comments that were made and allowed to be written. Far worse than anything said on here. We had no right of reply and our reputations were allowed to be rubbished by a few disgruntled kids and equally vitriolic parents. Of course, in our minds the negative comments cancelled out any of the positive ones as they were very upsetting. What did we do? we got over it and got on with our jobs.

My point is, there is horrible stuff allowed to be written about people who have no desire to be on TV . Catherine on the other hand has chosen that path, and therefore has to expect that not everyone on a forum devoted to watching and commenting on shopping telly will have the same opinions as a sycophantic T caller who is going to stroke her ego.

In my opinion nothing on this thread is particularly offensive. Big deal people didn't like the way she presented a show and others,including myself, don't find her comments about pooing and farting hilarious or classy. I think she should get a grip and be grateful that she gets off very lightly compared to other presenters.

I can't believe how naive Ms H is: "just takes a massive bite out of my confidence thinking some people see me so differently to those who really know me".

Well, of COURSE we don't know her, any more than we know what Stephen Fry is really like from the roles he's played or his presenting jobs, not to mention 140 characters (or less!) per message on Twitter.

QVC presenters are not paid to be themselves; they're paid to big up and sell products on air that they themselves may not purchase in a million years. If Ms H cannot deal with criticism of that one aspect of her life and separate it from things that are more personal to her, then maybe she is in the wrong job?

And any way, I bet she'd be REALLY surprised if people around her told her what they really thought of her. We may think we're showing the same face to all and sundry, but we're not.

If La H is having personal probs, then maybe constant Twittering and trawling sites like this is not the best thing for her to be doing. She needs to realise that as someone who is (sort of) in the public eye, more people than she actually knows will have opinions on her work that she doesn't necessarily agree with.

She either decides the opinions are valid or not, and acts accordingly. If she can't, then step out of the spotlight.

As people are aware Craig Rowe is NOT my favourite presenter at QVC but he doesn't take to his Facebook account to moan about "people who don't know what I'm going through at the moment" or that "Personal jibes hurt deep" or that "this is very much like schoolyard bullying" or to quote another tweet "just takes a massive bite out of my confidence thinking some people see me so differently to those who know me".

As LELover says Chuntley should be greatful she gets away scot-free in the list of presenters we like to have a regular b!tch about.

As people are aware Craig Rowe is NOT my favourite presenter at QVC but he doesn't take to his Facebook account to moan about "people who don't know what I'm going through at the moment" or that "Personal jibes hurt deep" or that "this is very much like schoolyard bullying" or to quote another tweet "just takes a massive bite out of my confidence thinking some people see me so differently to those who know me".

As LELover says Chuntley should be greatful she gets away scot-free in the list of presenters we like to have a regular b!tch about.

If CH can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. She is the one who has chosen to inform us all over the internet about the goings on of her backside & find it so amusing. Now when she is getting some short shrift over her behaviour its all'' I'm so hurt'' attitude. She brought this all on herself & really needs to look at why she felt the need to share that all over Twitter. It has seriously backfired on her & she needs to stop & think exactly what kind of impression she is giving to people that don't know her. Not a very nice one. Stop acting the ''poor me '' & take responsibilty for her actions. She has made a massive mistake by behaving so irresponsibly & left herself wide open for some harsh critiscm. Hope she learns from it, stops whinging & will now grow up !

Last edited:
I can't believe how naive Ms H is: "just takes a massive bite out of my confidence thinking some people see me so differently to those who really know me".

She either decides the opinions are valid or not, and acts accordingly. If she can't, then step out of the spotlight.
Or possibly bog off seeing as she loves toilet 'humour' so much.

catherine talking or twittering about bodily functions is not ladylike!:wink:

I have to say that I find the implied "we're bullying her" as well as the "if only we knew" statements a bit much.

What is it with people attached to QVC that makes them feel that they're above ANY sort of reproach at all? We've had JR's daughter demanding that people get banned from here for stating things she didn't like, now La H says she's being bullied.

The poor dear.

As for not knowing what's going on in her life - well, I don't want to, and because Ms H is regularly appearing on tv to flog overpriced CZ jewellery etc, I don't need to: if her personal problems were so overwhelming that they're impacting on her job (and vice versa), she'd take time off to deal with it all. I've had the worst 2 years of my life up to now and it doesn't show any sign of stopping; am I whinging all over the place? No: I'm doing my best to sort things out. Part of that included a 3 month break from work while I tried to sort out a way forward.

As Ms H says herself: I don't know her, and just because she's on tv doesn't mean I automatically want to. I really think that considering her alleged state of mind, working in the public eye and twittering to complete strangers as if they're close friends is not the way forward.

Last edited:
How pathetic.

Stupid woman. I normally like Catherine but she has gone down in my estimation now. Wheres the consideration for the thousands of people that never get what they want ? Stop whining love & grow up !

Whats the betting Tova gave her those ear rings anyway. :mysmilie_10:

That's why she did it. obsessed by freebies!
What annoys me, particularly with her is she is always saying that things are "similar to a very well known designer, you know who I mean....".NO I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU MEAN! She always reminds me of the woman in the Ferrero Roche advert [comes out every Christmas] who gushes over the chocs with the fancy accent. So gushy, gushy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back