Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not saying this only against IW, lots of retail outlets are guilty of the same. If they had a genuine sell out during a genuine sale where a product genuinely wouldn't be back for 12 months, that would give their shouty shouty ramblings at least a degree of validity ...

... however when you know the 'sold out' item will be back in weeks if not days, it kind of detracts from the excitement they try to build up.

WHEN IT'S GONE IT'S GONE (until a week tomorrow), DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

It's the same with standard pricing, only a muppet would buy of places like IW at their standard price.

This xmas lights special is impossible to watch

Joanne is not happy sharing the airtime with Gtech Justine who is now a home expert. Sadly (for Jo) Justine appears to have something about her which I also get the impression Jo does not like.

12.45 We are heading for a guaranteed sell out says Jo

lets see

***UPDATE TO YESTERDAYS UPDATE***

Relax everyone, the SnowFlake Light is still available to buy.

So too are the Knives, despite being sold for a quarter of the, erm, ‘Usual Price’.

As is the £2O Salter Coffee Maker with a bag of the freshest Vacuum Packed Ground Coffee ever created by man.

Also you can still get the £20 Salter Toaster, the Deep Salter Toaster, that’s probably Deeper than your Deep Toaster.

Other products that are surprisingly still available are 5 Tefal Pans (which are a really good buy actually), Salter One Cup Coffee Maker, Proto Plonk, Wileyfox and a pretty old model Vax Slim Vac that we actually own that I can honestly say is not very good really.

Basically, it doesn’t look like they’ve sold out of owt :mysmilie_59:

De Knees says : -

‘The Snowflake Projector looks like £80 worth’

‘We haven’t even got 20 left of the Snowman’

‘You’ve probably seen Reindeers that cost £180’

‘The lights on Strictly Come Dancing are like the Snowflakes’

‘It’s so New York if you wrap them around the the Tree’

‘I want more Christmas, I want more Christmas’

‘Last night I looked up and saw a Shooting Star, this is gospel truth, now you can have your own Shooting Star’

:mysmilie_59:

***UPDATE TO YESTERDAYS UPDATE***

Relax everyone, the SnowFlake Light is still available to buy.

So too are the Knives, despite being sold for a quarter of the, erm, ‘Usual Price’.

As is the £2O Salter Coffee Maker with a bag of the freshest Vacuum Packed Ground Coffee ever created by man.

Also you can still get the £20 Salter Toaster, the Deep Salter Toaster, that’s probably Deeper than your Deep Toaster.

Other products that are surprisingly still available are 5 Tefal Pans (which are a really good buy actually), Salter One Cup Coffee Maker, Proto Plonk, Wileyfox and a pretty old model Vax Slim Vac that we actually own that I can honestly say is not very good really.

Basically, it doesn’t look like they’ve sold out of owt :mysmilie_59:

I have the same Vax vacuum cleaner too. If it didn't have the beater bar, it would be completely useless.

I have the same Vax vacuum cleaner too. If it didn't have the beater bar, it would be completely useless.

It’s not very good is it?

The Power Unit is heavy, and it’s weight is unbalanced making it pretty awkward, it’s pants at hoovering edges and over time the main head on our model has become harder and harder to remove. Fully charged, with an empty canister and clean filters it isn’t very powerful really.

We bought it in November 2016 so it’s an old model. It isn’t worth £130 in 2018, in my opinion it never was :mysmilie_59:

Going back to the knives, mine also have Made in China on the box. They do carry the Le Cordon Bleu trademark. It looks like they have a licensing deal with Zwilling JA Henckles to make them. I'm sure they are not their top of the range knives but TBH they are very well made and sharp. I'm so glad I saved £150 buying from IW (cough)

https://www.cordonbleu.edu/index.cfm?fa=PartnershipsFrontMod.ShowPartnerships

Hi everyone, Happy Hallowe’en :Laugh:

I’m hoping you’ll join De Knees and Peterborough’s answer to Fanny Cradock, ‘Chef’ Joe, at 12:00pm for Christmas Kitchen.

Luckily for us they still have a few of the Salter Toasters, Salter Soup Makers, Salter Coffee Makers and Salter Bakeware Sets left.

And if you’re really quick you might be able to grab those Knives too, but when they’re gone they’re gone :Laugh:

BB848804-267F-44A7-9FD5-AE2996CFC97F.jpg3A1DA356-F477-4128-B34D-2A45B6BA7D3A.jpg

Hi everyone, Happy Hallowe’en :Laugh:

I’m hoping you’ll join De Knees and Peterborough’s answer to Fanny Cradock, ‘Chef’ Joe, at 12:00pm for Christmas Kitchen.

Luckily for us they still have a few of the Salter Toasters, Salter Soup Makers, Salter Coffee Makers and Salter Bakeware Sets left.

And if you’re really quick you might be able to grab those Knives too, but when they’re gone they’re gone :Laugh:

View attachment 16453View attachment 16454

Joanne popped in near the end to tell us what she had 'coming up'. She was wearing a navy velvet dress she was going to sell and De Knees was confirming to her that she'd ordered four tops on last night's show. Joanne knew all about that, even relaying what colours she had bought. I expect the earpieces come in very hand at such times. De Knees also threw in that she had ordered the Salter coffee maker on Monday, in fact, she had 'given the money to somebody to order for her' :wonder:

On leaving, Joanne predicted that the velvet dress would 'sell out' :mysmilie_506:

Joanne popped in near the end to tell us what she had 'coming up'. She was wearing a navy velvet dress she was going to sell and De Knees was confirming to her that she'd ordered four tops on last night's show. Joanne knew all about that, even relaying what colours she had bought. I expect the earpieces come in very hand at such times. De Knees also threw in that she had ordered the Salter coffee maker on Monday, in fact, she had 'given the money to somebody to order for her' :wonder:

On leaving, Joanne predicted that the velvet dress would 'sell out' :mysmilie_506:

Yes Momma, both De Knees and Jimmy Savile buy all of the clothes. Every Colour, Every Style, Every Everything.

And OK, we never see them wearing them but that’s because they don’t want their wardbrobes to clash :Wink:

I've always been fairly lenient compared to some of you, towards the state of IW as a business, but a repeat fashion show on the main channel at 11am?

One question I have... when they get the presenter to do the link for the next 3 hours after their show, does the presenter say that the (for example) 11am show is going to be a repeat, or do they talk about it as if it is going to be live?

I've always been fairly lenient compared to some of you, towards the state of IW as a business, but a repeat fashion show on the main channel at 11am?

One question I have... when they get the presenter to do the link for the next 3 hours after their show, does the presenter say that the (for example) 11am show is going to be a repeat, or do they talk about it as if it is going to be live?

I also thought a ‘Live’ Shopping Channel having repeats at 11:00am was a bit off but, on reflection, I figured it doesn’t really matter.

Every ‘show’ is the same anyway :mysmilie_59:

I also thought a ‘Live’ Shopping Channel having repeats at 11:00am was a bit off but, on reflection, I figured it doesn’t really matter.

Every ‘show’ is the same anyway :mysmilie_59:

You are right, very little actually distinguishes each show from the other. Even the stock level updates are exactly the same, at the same points of every hour.

You are right, very little actually distinguishes each show from the other. Even the stock level updates are exactly the same, at the same points of every hour.

Only points of difference being the 'Coming up' segments; if they're at the end of the hour they could conveniently truncate the end of any repeat or they could simply show ads for other products over the top of them.

Joanne’s ‘shows’ in particular are all much the same, regardless of what she’s shilling.

She talks little about the item. She tells us either herself, her Mum, or both, have bought it. And she talks about her house.

That’s it :mysmilie_59:

Is there a massive warehouse somewhere full of cheapo smartphones that they can't shift, so IW have bought the lot in a bit of a Del Boy deal? Yet another "super...amazing...incredible" phone this morning :/

Is there a massive warehouse somewhere full of cheapo smartphones that they can't shift, so IW have bought the lot in a bit of a Del Boy deal? Yet another "super...amazing...incredible" phone this morning :/

Old Pete says "he's never seen anything like it" again!!!!

Every phone they show is better than the previous one. There's never a right time to buy!!!

I would buy the tablet they are currently shilling right now, but I suspect the presentation of the next tablet will tell me i'm an idiot and wrong for buying this one.

I think buying neither from them is the safe choice.

Latest posts

Back