Liz Earle TSV 3rd July 2010

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TSV not for me...have too much Elemis items to go through!

Did they mention Liz Earle's baby boy's name?

I really only like the LE body products. Foot cream in particular - but that quantity would bearly be enough for my big toe (or JR's)>

For those of you who love Liz's products but don't want to pay full price I'd recommend the Liz Earle outlet on ebay - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/liz_earle_outlet&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID

I didn't know this outlet existed! Just had a quick look and discovered that you only pay one P&P too no matter how many items you order, so no racking up of delivery charges a la QVC. I normally order from IOW (I like to think the free mini redeems the P&P there) but this will definitely save me money - so many thanks Calvin!

I too like the look of the TSV and reckon it's pretty good value but don't really need it (and probably won't run out of my current stockpiles before the next TSV, my new assessment scale when it comes to decisions over ordering) so am f.a.r.t.ing. Pleasingly I can add this to my ever-growing list of 'recently resisted' items, including an OPI Try Me and a One Time Only, a Decleor TSV and Nails Inc from the other day. (Mmmm mm mm mm ...hums song of self-congratulation :sun:)

Don't think so, I hear she's now had to supervise the building of a third shed would you believe?! :wink:

I'd heard those rumours too Busy....and Marzy's silence on the matter is telling! :cheeky:

I didn't know this outlet existed! Just had a quick look and discovered that you only pay one P&P too no matter how many items you order, so no racking up of delivery charges a la QVC. I normally order from IOW (I like to think the free mini redeems the P&P there) but this will definitely save me money - so many thanks Calvin!

I too like the look of the TSV and reckon it's pretty good value but don't really need it (and probably won't run out of my current stockpiles before the next TSV, my new assessment scale when it comes to decisions over ordering) so am f.a.r.t.ing. Pleasingly I can add this to my ever-growing list of 'recently resisted' items, including an OPI Try Me and a One Time Only, a Decleor TSV and Nails Inc from the other day. (Mmmm mm mm mm ...hums song of self-congratulation :sun:)

It's good, isn't it, ArtDeco? And I really don't care about the whacking great 'S' on the product when they're for home consumption.
Well done on resisting so many TSVs and other items. :rock:

Did anyone else hear her finally admit they'd changed C&P last night? She said 'Of course, it's been the same since the start apart from a few tweaks - but we haven't changed the formula at all, apart from removing almond milk, due to concerns over nut allergies, but essentially we haven't changed it...' she also went on to say that people had mentioned worries about consistency, but that it was only extremes of temperature that would do that - she blamed the arctic winter weather this year for changing the consistency of some tubes.

So in essence, Cleanse and Polish hasn't been changed apart from the removal of one of the key ingredients, and if the consistency is wrong it's Michael Fish's fault.

I thank you

*bows*

TSV not for me either. I buy what I need direct from her web site and with the last order I received a free full size hand wash :up:

Yes, I heard her too Cavegirl, I was waiting to see if she mentioned anything.. But the way in which she glossed over the 'problem'.. (well in her eyes, there isn't one).. Then how come so many people have experienced a big change in how effective it is, etc?.. To blame it all on weather conditions is quite silly tbh.. But it makes light of the very real problem that many are now experiencing with C+P..
Ah well, lots are now finding alternative cleansers to C+P and in many cases, better (+ cheaper too!)
I bet no one mentions Avon today - id love someone to call in and just say 'I hear that LE sold out to Avon, is it true?' :thinking:

Liz Earle is insulting our intelligence with the explanation she gave. How come they were happy to sell it for all those years without worrying about nut allergies. They've removed it because it's an expensive ingredient. She also said, 'We would never change it,' well, she is denying it has had a fundamental change.

Also, I have her book and there are photos of her with lots of lines around her eyes, so it looks as though she's had work done. When Julia said she looked good, she replied it was because she'd been using the tsv! I've used Cleanse and Polish for years, but I've now switched to Elemis Pro-Radiance which is the best cleanser I've used.

I'm not a fan of Liz Earle or her products,for me she rates up there with Jennifer Kirk in the insincere, hard nosed business woman stakes.

I could not believe how quickly she skimmed over the fact that she had actually had a baby.It was a sickly smile, a little utterance of "oh yes my baby boy" and then straight into sell sell sell sell with ridiculous claims of recoveiring from childbirth by using her TSV!!!!!!

Perhaps she's broke after Maternity leave :angel:

Can't believe she has had a FIFTH baby at 48 ! A disgrace - and certainly not naturally conceived !

She's 47 this year and why wouldn't the baby be naturally conceived?

PS wrote this before seeing the above reply, obviously great minds think alike. ;-)

Last edited:
It's not a disgrace at all. My cousin was 50 when she had her first child! She had longed for decades to conceive and it happened when she least expected it. So, y'know - like 47 is small fry :wink:

I recently had a conversation with a midwife friend who told me of a woman at 47 with grownup children who had left home. She excused herself from the dinner table explaining to her husband that she thought she had a bit of indigestion. She was gone a little while and the husband went up to investigate only to be told "call an ambulance I'm having a baby" The mind boggles - the woman had no idea and at her age thought the lack of periods was the menopause.

I like Boffy love my chypres, infact wore and loved them long before I knew what they were as a teenager.

It smells very similar to the classic Dior Diorella released in 1972, try to get the vintage the lastest batches are quite harsh. Dumping down of ingredients quality.

Have to say I did get the chance to try the LE and all I got was lemon(I don't do citrus or fruity normally). It was descripted to me by the person who gave it as lemon washing up liquid and the opening is very harsh lemon. I got no lavender and I love lavender!

Not for me.

Donna if you are going to quote me please get it right. I said CHEAP lemon washing up liquid. :giggle:

I was watching some of the shows yesterday and couldn't believe that LE kept saying that the Men's C&P was exactly the same as the Ladies (blue/green packaging) C&P the only difference is the packaging.

Maybe she should take a closer look at the list of ingredients. The Ladies C&P contains Propylene Glycol, whereas the Men's doesn't !!!

I don't know a lot about beauty products, but I do know, that if there is an ingredient missing from one, then it sure isn't identical !!

I recently had a conversation with a midwife friend who told me of a woman at 47 with grownup children who had left home. She excused herself from the dinner table explaining to her husband that she thought she had a bit of indigestion. She was gone a little while and the husband went up to investigate only to be told "call an ambulance I'm having a baby" The mind boggles - the woman had no idea and at her age thought the lack of periods was the menopause.

Now you hear these stories every now and then but I absolutely cannot understand how on earth you can have a baby and not even know you're pregnant?!!?!? Doesn't weight gain, lack of periods, moving/kicking inside and a huge tummy kinda give the game away?

I was watching some of the shows yesterday and couldn't believe that LE kept saying that the Men's C&P was exactly the same as the Ladies (blue/green packaging) C&P the only difference is the packaging.

Maybe she should take a closer look at the list of ingredients. The Ladies C&P contains Propylene Glycol, whereas the Men's doesn't !!!

I don't know a lot about beauty products, but I do know, that if there is an ingredient missing from one, then it sure isn't identical !!

Just had to check my stockpile of the C&P to see if propylene glycol IS in it because it's antifreeze and OMG you're right! Can't say I've noticed that before. Although it's used in much smaller concentrations in skincare it's still antifreeze!

Well propylene glycol seems to be a very versatile ingredient.

Just looked up Propylene glycol in Wiki and found the following--

Applications

Propylene glycol is used:

* As a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations. Notably, diazepam, which is insoluble in water, uses propylene glycol as its solvent in its clinical, injectable form.
* As a humectant food additive, labeled as E number E1520
* As an emulsification agent in Angostura and orange bitters
* As a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste, mouth wash, hair care and tobacco products
* As a carrier in fragrance oils
* As an ingredient in massage oils
* In hand sanitizers, antibacterial lotions, and saline solutions
* In smoke machines to make artificial smoke for use in firefighters' training and theatrical productions
* In electronic cigarettes, as a vaporizable base for diluting the nicotine liquid
* As a solvent for food colors and flavorings
* As an ingredient, along with wax and gelatin, in the production of paintballs
* As a moisture stabilizer (humectant) for snus (Swedish style snuff).
* As a cooling agent for beer and wine glycol jacketed fermentation tanks
* As a non-toxic antifreeze for winterizing drinking water systems, and in applications where the used antifreeze eventually will be drained into the soil, water, or a septic system.
* As a less-toxic antifreeze in solar water heating systems
* As a solvent used in mixing photographic chemicals, such as film developers
* In cryonics
* As a working fluid in hydraulic presses
* As a coolant in liquid cooling systems
* To regulate humidity in a cigar humidor
* As the killing and preserving agent in pitfall traps, usually used to capture ground beetles
* As an additive to pipe tobacco to prevent dehydration.
* To treat livestock ketosis
* As the main ingredient in deodorant sticks.
* To de-ice aircraft.
* As an ingredient in UV or blacklight tattoo ink

Propylene glycol has properties similar to those of ethylene glycol (monoethylene glycol, or MEG). (Note: Infrequently propylene glycol may also use the acronym MEG, but as an abbreviation of methyl ethyl glycol- the industry standard acronym for propylene glycol is PG or MPG (monopropylene glycol)). The industrial norm is to replace ethylene glycol with propylene glycol when safer properties are desired.

Properties

Propylene glycol is a component in newer automotive antifreezes and de-icers used at airports. Like ethylene glycol, the freezing point of propylene glycol is depressed when mixed with water due to disruption of hydrogen bonding. Unlike ethylene glycol, propylene glycol is much lower in toxicity. Both are readily biodegradable.

Latest posts

Back