Admit it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

good question... but takes some thinking...
Ok there have been more useless ones than embarrasing, namely:
  • battery charger
  • gold plating kit
  • little microwave racks to make crisps from vegetable/fruit slices
embarrasing?....
maybe a slendertone gymbody 8 or toptone 12
Actually I am seeking sticky pads for this machine, for a friend anybody got any lying about??:33:

You get them in Boots £12 pounds mind you. I still use mine.

I, for some unknown reason, bought the little key ring digital photo thingie. (In lurid pink too...yuk!)The photos are so small you need a magnifying glass to see any detail at all! It's lying at the bottom of an unused handbag and I haven't even charged it for over a year!

Another awful purchase was the Victorian strawberry planter. It looked lovely... all terracotta and tasteful. In reality it was a cheap and nasty piece of corrugated plastic which faded in the sunlight and looked dreadful.

Gullible...moi??? You bet!

An 8gb MP4 player from Bid, that I can't work out how to use. When I try to download photos onto it I get a message to insert the disk (and it's already inserted.)

A sonic jewellery cleaner that I've used once. A soft toothbrush and soapy water does just as good a job in a fraction of the time.

A set of 4 Stylees. I've got long hair (half way down my back) but find that they do dig into my head and my hair doesn't stay in place as well as they say it should (but maybe I'm doing it wrong :33:)

A set of 3 torches that you shake to activate. I've not had a power cut since I got them and I keep forgetting I've got the smallest one in the car!

And a few gardening items, although I didn't buy them. I won first prize in a draw on BidTv, that I didn't know I'd entered, when I ordered some moisturiser and I got loads of parcels delivered a few days later. I kept a few of the items, gave some to my school for a raffle to raise funds and the rest are sitting in the garage..for example - a set of BBQ tools - I haven't got a BBQ. :31:

omg i had completley forgot about the gold plating kit, the gold was so good you could scrub it off with toothpaste:20:

also had the no wet wonderfoam and the thing to wash both the inside and outside of your windows at the same time !!!!!

Some daft Odour Killer things, think they began with a Z

Washing fragrance that you used instead of fabric conditioner, was probably cheaper to stick a bit of Chanel in the wash

3 Blood Pressure monitors, why 3, I will never know :33:

I'll admit to the QVC body wrap bandages that you soaked in the clay and water mix. :54: I remember sitting in the lounge on a bin bag whilst dressed in a tracksuit whilt the bandages went cold and thinking to myself how ridiculous the whole thing was. Never used any of it again, but did sell it on Ebay and got nearly £20 for it.

A carpet cleaner that broke every law on noise pollution. I had to wear ear plugs to clean the carpet and the neighbours complained they couldn't hear their houseful of teenagers bawling at each other. It eventually blew up with more sparks than Bonfire Night.

A Michele Hope top and skirt that was made to fit a seven foot pencil.

That awful grater which everyone on here has agreed was lethal.

Tap Lights - self adhesive plastic wall lights which you had to bash repeatedly until a feeble, sickly glow lit the surrounding inch of wall.

A 'magic necklace' which was an endless barley sugar twist of sterling silver. It untwisted itself the first time I put it on and nearly garrotted me.

An all-in-one printer which was the size and weight of a fridge, came with an instruction book in every language under the sun, except one that might possibly have been English, printed in faintest grey, and cost more than the National Debt of a small South American country to keep in ink cartridges.

:11:
I'm a mug.
:1:

Battery operated ice cream maker, what a pile o' pigsh*t! mixed up milk, sugar, egg yolks, poured it into the machine, set the "on" button, put it in the freezer and left it for the required amount of time, and guess what I was left with..Yup...a slightly colder mixutre of milk, sugar and egg yolks!

Microwavable heat pad, filled with cherry stones, was supposed to stay toasty warm for hours and give off a glorious cherry aroma. Yes it did smell of cherry, but the aroma was more like a cheap tinned cherry pie filling, and it stayed lukewarm for about 5 minutes!

Oh, and did anyone buy any of the cd sets to find that they weren't even the original recordings?!

I bought a juicer once too, and you had to cut the fruit up into tiny little pieces to get them into the chute, and you ended up with a dribble of undrinkable muddy goo in your glass, and a whole lot of mess to clean up afterwards..total waste of money!

Last edited:
Kim & co tops that hang virtually unworn in my closet because I hate the feel of polyester so I don't get past the putting-it-on-and-immediately-ripping-it-off stage of getting dressed. The rubber shoe things with spikes on - still in the box - to be fair I haven't tried them on, but think i would look like a right tw*t walking down the urban streets where I live wearing them - yet don't have a car, so walk everywhere and whenever there's even so much as a hint of frost on the streets, think 'hey i really must put on those rubber shoe things with the spikes on so I don't break my neck, but where did I put them?'. A fair few pieces of diamonique that don't see the light of day because I don't go out much. :43:

Know it's been mentioned on here before but that tape dispenser that was supposed to just pull across the surface and it would tape things lovely. It just didn't work, one go and then from then on tape would come unloaded, awful awful things.

Mine was an ice cream maker - the battery operated jobby - which I had pushed way back in a cupboard. It came out to haunt me the other day when I grabbed a saucepan and it smacked me one on the back of my wrist.

So, not only have I never used it but it physically attacked me at the earliest opportunity.

Got my first mobile phone from QVC, so long ago I can't remember what it looked like. Wouldn't dream of doing it now.

Got my first mobile from QVC too! That was years ago and I believe it had a gerbil on a treadmill for a charger.
A Startak (or summat). It was a black flip-phone which ran out of battery power every time you looked at it (probably didn't feed the gerbil properly).
I thought I was so cool...

Mine was an ice cream maker - the battery operated jobby - which I had pushed way back in a cupboard. It came out to haunt me the other day when I grabbed a saucepan and it smacked me one on the back of my wrist.

So, not only have I never used it but it physically attacked me at the earliest opportunity.

Joking aside, I found a use for my ice cream maker, well the bottom half of it anyway....it made a great food/water bowl for the cat!

...yes but your post was wonderfully hilarious! I thoroughly enjoyed that and now realise I'm not alone in the dodgy-purchase department :1:

Thank you, calico! :10:
[Blush]

I've just seen Loujareth's post about those sticky tape dispensers - I had those too.
They were so easy, weren't they?
You casually swiped the tape across any surface and voila!
Perfectly sealed packages with just the right length of neatly cut tape, thanks to the super-sharp serrated edge.

Er ... no.

All these years later, the tape dispensers sit, growling, in a kitchen drawer , and those super-sharp serrated edges leap up and bite me every time I go near.

Wail ... I really am a mug!
:1:

OMG I have to admit to buying those sheets that you wet and put on wallpaper to soak. The demonstration was good on the telly but common sense should have told me that soaking wet sheets would be too heavy to stick to the wall!

My 2 worse purchases were the Astonish Grease Buster, looked so good for baked on items on cooking tins, trouble is your needed a extra large pan to put on the cooker, to put the tin etc in to clean it, did not have a pan large enough to take a meat roasting pan, the other buy was Kim & Agies cleaning products, they looked so good on TV, but on the whole thought they were terrible, certainly did not do the job, and after about 2 months went all lumpy in the containers, so went straight in the bin,

I bought one of those slendertone things. Used it daily for about um two days. Then it went into a cupboard. Found it about a year later and sold it on Ebay for almost as much as I paid for it!

This has really made me laugh, and reminded me why I gave up buying from QVC probably a year or more ago. I must have saved a fortune in that time!

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back