All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loathe Mike Mason. In fact I cannot think of a single person on British Television that I loathe more.

This is a dinosaur who makes John McCririck seem like a modern, metrosexual man.

I loathe Mike Mason. In fact I cannot think of a single person on British Television that I loathe more.

This is a dinosaur who makes John McCririck seem like a modern, metrosexual man.

You see, there you go again Wirral, you're sitting on the fence
Just tell us how you really feel! :mysmilie_15:

I quite like MM, at least he tries to be entertaining - I think if he actually had decent stuff to sell he'd do a good job.

Also I got am email from Andy Hodgsons new home channel today, the garden thing despite un subscribing from sit-ups torrent of crap emails...I guess he took the database with him when he left lol...not that I'm bothered, I like Andy Hodgson, he's entertaining so I will give it a watch sometime.

I think the market is wide open for a live, entertaining shopping channel. Sit-up should have refreshed the format years ago, instead they took the foot off the gas and let it get stale. Fixing the channels is pretty easy, they just need to make them entertaining again. Also, have an accompanying app that runs in real time with the items for sale to pull in a younger demographic. Oh and get some decent products...

I have to say andy is really good tv, he is as honest as you are going to get on a shopping channel.... the only drawback for me is that it's all gardening, which I don't find particularly riveting in itself.

This watch on pricedrop is nice. It costs 80 quid on ebay.

Was almost tempted to buy it and then put it on ebay.

I have to say andy is really good tv, he is as honest as you are going to get on a shopping channel.... the only drawback for me is that it's all gardening, which I don't find particularly riveting in itself.

I remember when I first saw bid (it was one of the only channels we could get for a week after a viewing card cock up when joining Sky) back in the early naughties, Mr Hodgson was on the screen an awful lot and I remember thinking what an excellent salesman he was, even though he was tasked with shifting what seemed to be an infinite supply of gemstone globes and wrist watches with faces the size of the moon. Even just before he left he still had the same great style and energy as he did all those years ago (on screen anyway). What a loss for the business and I think Mr Run the Risk will be next to go, which will be another nail in the coffin, say what you want about him, he's entertaining and that makes people watch and when people watch your halfway to getting them to pick up the phone!

Andy is a broadcasting pro, not like pathetic, shockingly outdated 1980's holiday park cabaret acts such as Mike Mason and Peter Simon.

He's much like Debbie Greenwood, they are both far too good for Sit-Up. I can't help but think it was the best career move they made to leave, even if it wasn't their choice.

I fancy that when the ship goes down the remaining rats will struggle to find anywhere that will have them.

I've heard it all now.

Forrest Gump was desperately encouraging people to come in quickly for a stupidly overpriced, shitty ornament and warned of letting the price fall too low. He actually had the bare faced cheek to say 'now let's not get too greedy'. Unbelievable.

But he needn't have worried, there was nothing on screen to suggest that one single person came in. They didn't even bother with a quantity, or how many buyers. Of course it was better luck next time.

The man is vacant, there's absolutely nothing to see when you look at his gormless eyes.

I'm genuinely happy for andy. he seemed to really enjoy doing the gardening aspect of bid in the last year and had a good rapport with angela noghani and the other gardening experts. I notice the p&p on his channel seems reasonable.

Lol @ forest gump

Here we go, they're now resorting to locking the phone lines and having 30 second clocks. Didn't take them long did it?

MacDonald is such a spiv, he looks like a ****** tramp as well. Unshaven, crumpled shirt and bitten to the quick fingernails. He wouldn't get within a mile of any other shopping channel.

Terrible.

I can't speak for Steve but you'd have to think that when he was bunking off school so he could work the dodgems on the fairs the thought of one day selling packs of batteries and cheap watches live on a shopping channel must have seemed like pure fantasy. He's living the dream. I like him.

This post on another forum made me laugh

can anyone guess who they are talking about?

Is it me or does this guy on Price Drop actually look rather scruffy? I can almost smell the BO just looking at him. Yet back when Greg Scott was on this channel he was immaculate in a suit and tie, like others were once. So even personal appearance has declined on Price Drop.

Seriously, if I'd phoned up for an item I wasn't now going to get, and had this twerp making silly mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah noises at me after the "better luck next time" graphic then I'd be wanting to slap his shiny head very firmly indeed in fury.

People also suggesting that maybe the staff are calling up during the rush hour segment as items that have not been selling for days are suddenly flying out, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, at the end of the day they have nothing to lose now

having not seen a "rush hour" myself I found these interesting, - what sort of quantities are we talking?

Its pretty blatant that there is no way loads of people decided to buy in the rush hour and 10 minutes later they struggle to sell 3 of something.

That hour was some kind of "device" to try and breath life into it, but was so transparently a cynical ruse. For about 5 days since this nonsense started they have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for buyers, then disappointing them, plus having tiny stock amounts still failing miserably, yet on demand it all miraculously changed for one hour with bigger stock amounts, all selling rapidly despite the higher prices and all "winners", before falling back to the same laughable & discreditable pattern again afterwards. What is all the more ironic is that I've caught it in the past when the presenters have said that about 6pm is a good time to buy because it goes quiet at that time due to teatime and people being busy at that point. Yet tonight was clearly the utter reverse

Last edited:
This post on another forum made me laugh

can anyone guess who they are talking about?

Is it me or does this guy on Price Drop actually look rather scruffy? I can almost smell the BO just looking at him. Yet back when Greg Scott was on this channel he was immaculate in a suit and tie, like others were once. So even personal appearance has declined on Price Drop.

Seriously, if I'd phoned up for an item I wasn't now going to get, and had this twerp making silly mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah noises at me after the "better luck next time" graphic then I'd be wanting to slap his shiny head very firmly indeed in fury.

Steve's appearance is so far from the norm for a shopping telly presenter, it really is. I didn't see him today but yesterday he looked like he'd been out all night, crumpled shirt, unshaven, he was really scruffy even by his standards.

Then again Price Drop couldn't be further away from the norm. Just look at Paul Evers? Honestly, the man is utterly painful to watch.

He's like something I used to watch on ITV on a Saturday morning. In 1983. When we didn't have so many entertainment choices. In fact we had very few.

Am I missing something but what's funny about a grown man, on a shopping channel, stomping around with something on his head whooping 'way, way, way'?

I remember when Greg Scott wore his gold suit to present live on Christmas Day evening ... and he was proud to do it ! Compare this to the clowning around on Christmas Day a couple of years ago when it looked like the tea-boys were left in charge...

Also recall when Greg soldiered on on the night that it was announced Richard Whiteley had died.

As Greg said many a time on air ... "I'm too good for this place"

Is this a new tactic showing quantity sold? It seems to work as Andrea sold 9 of the LED lanterns at over £12

then it went to £9.99

and it shot up to 11,12,13,14,15,16

what madness they had 20ish left as I looked on the site and it plummets to 5p and its all over better luck next time

Is this a new tactic showing quantity sold? It seems to work as Andrea sold 9 of the LED lanterns at over £12

then it went to £9.99

and it shot up to 11,12,13,14,15,16

Sometimes they don't show a quantity or number sold.

It's all becoming vague and messy, just like the old Price Drop. That must mean they're struggling :mysmilie_59:

Sometimes they don't show a quantity or number sold.

It's all becoming vague and messy, just like the old Price Drop. That must mean they're struggling :mysmilie_59:

what madness they had 20ish left as I looked on the site and it plummets to 5p and its all over better luck next time

If they has been less greedy they could have sold around 16 of those

They only seem to drop the price to pennies when they know there's no chance of selling all the quantity.

It could be considered a scam by the cynics out there, not me though :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back