Alpha H warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemdreamer

Registered Shopper
Just a heads up about Alpha H. I have had 2 bad experiences with alpha h.

First off, i tried the trial kit they do, with the cleanser, moisturiser etc.
It literally burnt my skin! I actually had a mark on the side of my face like a burn for weeks that was really painful from these products.
Anyway, that was about a year ago, so recently i decided to try white gold, as i have some slight hyper-pigmentation. At first i was fine, then after a few uses i had burnt skin again. My skin is oily/acne-prone and generally stands stronger products.
Just wanted to let you all know, as when i watched the alpha h shows, alison said it was for my skin type etc, and there was no warning said about the possible effect there products could have.

Perhaps a patch test would be a good idea,especially if your skin tends to be sensitive

Patch testing is always a good idea but how many of us actually do? I am guilty of being too lazy and your experiences prove the point. Alpha H has always sounded as iif it would be too aggressive for my skin and I believe a poster or perhaps her daughter had a very bad experience that needed major medical attention. :64:

Patch testing is always a good idea but how many of us actually do? I am guilty of being too lazy and your experiences prove the point. Alpha H has always sounded as iif it would be too aggressive for my skin and I believe a poster or perhaps her daughter had a very bad experience that needed major medical attention. :64:

Yes Jabba's daughter had a very severe reaction and had to be treated by a dermatologist.

sorry if this subject has been brought up before, i wasn't aware that there had been a previous thread about it :)

I don't think Liquid Gold is suitable for many peoples skin, I am probably one of the few who used it and didn't have stinging from it. It got rid of sun spots on my face but I didn't find it any use for greasy acne prone skin. I definetly think this is one product you have to do a patch test.

I treid the Liquid gold too, and although it made me skin feel smooth, I did not get any tingle and it did not really make any difference to my skin, although dont really know what I was expecting as my skin is in very good conditon already, perhaps because I have looked after it well from the age of 10 lol.

I spoke to Tom at the NYNY event. He was charming and had wonderful skin. They were giving little freebies away and I told hilm I'd be too scared to use it (I didn't)... he was delightful and said I could try it but it is a range that should be treated with respect. My daughter was with me and he told her it would be more suited to her skin and she has used and likes it.

I can't help thinking that anything that may sting is a no no. I tried an Elemis mask near Christmas - one of the Tri Enzyme range. I was left burnt - no other way to describe - and my eyes and lips were swollen. Truly scary. Took medication and two weeks to return to normal. I'll never risk that brand again - but what doesn't suit one another may love. We are all different.

I spoke to Tom at the NYNY event. He was charming and had wonderful skin. They were giving little freebies away and I told hilm I'd be too scared to use it (I didn't)... he was delightful and said I could try it but it is a range that should be treated with respect. My daughter was with me and he told her it would be more suited to her skin and she has used and likes it.

I can't help thinking that anything that may sting is a no no. I tried an Elemis mask near Christmas - one of the Tri Enzyme range. I was left burnt - no other way to describe - and my eyes and lips were swollen. Truly scary. Took medication and two weeks to return to normal. I'll never risk that brand again - but what doesn't suit one another may love. We are all different.

sounds like that may have been an allergic reaction, nasty. :( I must admit i was fine with the elemis tri-enzyme stuff, just didn't find it did much. I think perhaps more agressive ingredients like the acids used by alpha h etc might be best left to a dermatologist :)

I use the Liquid Gold and love it. Tried the Elemis a couple of times and found it did nothing for me. As you say different things suit different people.

Latest posts

Back